Austrian Landwehr VS Prussian Leib Guards...

This section is for all related with our mod: NTW2.
Edimonde
Villein
Villein

Austrian Landwehr VS Prussian Leib Guards...

Postby Edimonde » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:41 pm

So i was bored today and decided to fire up N2:TW, and set up a mock battle between one company of prussian Leib Gardes against an unit of Austrian Landwehrs, just for fun.

I ordered the Leib Guard to melee attack the Austrian Landwehr, and zoomed in to watch the carnage of the hapless austrians. But much to my surprise, the Leib Guard barely TOUCHED the Landwehrs before turning tail and run! I tried again, I send the Leib Guard into melee, they go into a split second melee contact with the Landwehr, before they do a 180 and run like hell for the hills.

How come they are acting like this? Is it a bug?
"Why, so many shots wasted on one man!" -Major Andreas S. Krebs, while under swedish fire.

Lord Braindead Colonel
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Re: Austrian Landwehr VS Prussian Leib Guards...

Postby Lord Braindead Colonel » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:25 am

Sounds like they got a face full of lead right before impact. That can send even elite troops running away.

If you were controlling the militia, then it's possible you gave them the order to fire, which they did while in melee. This is the main bug that ntw2 has, and it's because of the rome engine. All troops in a unit can fire (even the guys in the 5th 6th etc... row) and they can keep firing while the unit is engaged in melee. To deal with this people use certain rules in multiplayer. But I wouldn't expect a 100% accurate depiction of the battles with singleplayer. In fact you get some really daft results at times.
From the graves of our slain
Shall thy valour prevail
As we greet thee again-
Hail, Liberty! Hail!

Edimonde
Villein
Villein

Postby Edimonde » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:12 pm

Hm, ill look into that. I didnt see any firing animation though.
"Why, so many shots wasted on one man!" -Major Andreas S. Krebs, while under swedish fire.

Herr Lindstrom
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Herr Lindstrom » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:39 am

the best way to test what you did is to get one of your buddies to volunteer to mess around and see. The only guys that dont run are the french OG and russian LG as far as i've noticed. those monsters fight to the last man i swear! :shocked:
Why this a-cursed 100 character limit again?

Return to “Napoleonic Total War 2”