NTW2 based movie about Jena/Auerstedt

This section is for all related with our mod: NTW2.
Jakob
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Jakob » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:46 pm

Legless Lannes wrote:The surrender of the French under Dupont at Bail?n (1808) would be a good one as well.

Bail?n would be fantastic, a relatively unknown battle to most. A rag-tag Spanish army defeats the French, probably would make a good cheesy holywood film. :D

I'd also personally like to see those of the Finnish war, but I doubt most outside of SVK would appriciate it. :wink:

But I'd love to see Borodino or even the Pyramids! (MAMELOUKS! hehe)

noone23
Yeoman
Yeoman

Jena Movie and Leipzig Reality

Postby noone23 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:58 pm

Lord Chretzel wrote:Leipzig is indeed a tempting battle for a reconstruction. But only because of its size. Not sure if it offers a lot of tactical surprises or dramatic moments. There was quite a nice documentary about the battle of Leipzig on Arte, but I didn't learn much much about the strategies that were used.

The Allied strategy at Leipzig was simple enough, just keep using their huge numerical superiority to attack on all sides and wear down the French. It pretty much worked as intended even though it wasn't elegant. As for dramatic moments what could have been more dramatic than the premature blowing of the Lindenau bridge? Leipzig deserves an epic movie in the style of The Alamo, The Longest Day, The 300 Spartans, and Waterloo. The examples are there.

Meanwhile, LC, thanks for the movie you actually did. One thing: the French should have been represented in blue on your maps; I wondered why red was chosen for them instead.

noone23
Yeoman
Yeoman

Movie Set During the Peninsular War

Postby noone23 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:07 pm

Jakob wrote:
Legless Lannes wrote: Bail?n would be fantastic, a relatively unknown battle to most. A rag-tag Spanish army defeats the French, probably would make a good cheesy Hollywood film. :D

Something pretty close to that was made by Stanley Kramer in 1957 and was called The Pride and the Passion and starred Cary Grant, Sophia Loren and Frank Sinatra. A lot of miscasting there if you ask me.

Ferocious_Imbecile
Villein
Villein

Re: NTW2 based movie about Jena/Auerstedt

Postby Ferocious_Imbecile » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:04 am

I've just watched this amazing video again for the 6th time. REally every aspect of it displays a singular genius. Even the cinematography within the constraints of the game engine are superior to 99% of what is being done in Hollywood right now. I can't express how impressed I am with this work.
Il y a deux histoires; l'histoire officielle, menteuse, puis l'histoire secrete, ou sont les veritables causes des evenements.

Balzac

Andreas
Villein
Villein

Postby Andreas » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Why did some of the soldiers pass through buildings? Because i've seen that in the actual game they couldn't do that.

Does it have something to do with the new buildings that were created for the documentary?
Merde! The Guard dies, it does not surrender. Cambronne surrenders, he does not die.

Lord Chretzel
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Chretzel » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:25 pm

Thanks guys!
concerning the cinematography i tried a lot of things. At the end a lot of interesting passages had to be taken out for the final version. After all the priority was to make sure the viewer gets a clear understanding of how both battles resulted in a decisive french victory.

The problem with the soldiers passing through walls has indeed to do with the new buildings. setting up building collision models would have been a lot of work and the result wouldnt have been very pretty as well. so i figured this flaw is only visible on second sight. i didn't know that some of you would watch it 6 times :D

I was wondering if ETW has implemented a movie editor, it was anounced, right?

Lord Legless Lannes
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Legless Lannes » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 am

I was hoping baldy spectacled Davout would make an appearance as an animation, maybe in a Directors Cut :idea:
"One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this."

Don Quixote

http://www.napoleonics.eu

quiver
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby quiver » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:36 pm

This is seriously one of the best things I have ever watched with NTW 2 ever... :D
Regards ---

"Hur m?nga g?nger har inte Sverige allena brutit m?rkrets lockande bris"
-R.E Svalling

D|need
Villein
Villein

Postby D|need » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Lord Chretzel wrote:I was wondering if ETW has implemented a movie editor, it was anounced, right?

There is no movie editor yet. And, I carefully watched and read nearly any ETW preview and didn't hear anything about a movie editor (I paid special attention on it, of course). All I heard was the announcement of modding tools.

Marshal Beale
Gentleman
Gentleman

Re: Leipzig Next!!

Postby Marshal Beale » Tue May 26, 2009 8:56 am

noone23 wrote:Leipzig should be next. What an underrepresented battle!!

Yes this one of Napoleon's most decisive battle and the remaining greatness of the entire empire of France depended on the outcome. In included many of the great nations of the Napoleonic Wars and I really hope the realease of NTW3 or historical map pack for NTW2 should include it.
Marshal Beale - Creator of Napoleon Order of War and Revolution Order of War

Marshal Beale
Gentleman
Gentleman

Re:

Postby Marshal Beale » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:11 am

Lord Braindead Colonel wrote:
Jakob wrote:Alot of people forget is that in the end, Napoleon got his arsed handed to him, on several very different occaisions. I'd like to think that it took alot of...willpower...and...intelligence to stand up to him and beat him.

The reason he lost was because his enemies (after years of getting beaten) finally managed to copy his techniques.

And last time I checked, Russia, Britain and "Prussia" were still around :P (And who cares about Austria? It's not like they did well in the Napoleonic wars or any other war since then)

It's funny because that was one of Napoleons very qoutes; "Never fight too much with one enemy, for they will learn your art of war."
Marshal Beale - Creator of Napoleon Order of War and Revolution Order of War

Lord BloodnGore
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord BloodnGore » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:23 am

It's funny because that was one of Napoleons very qoutes; "Never fight too much with one enemy, for they will learn your art of war."

Well towards the end, he had no choice lol, Britain kept financing coalitions against him lol 8)

Return to “Napoleonic Total War 2”