New Task

This section is for all related with our mod: NTW2.
falcons1988
Yeoman
Yeoman

New Task

Postby falcons1988 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi all,
I have a new task (idea) for you. I feel that the era of crimean war and the wars of the late 1800's are touched on even less than the early 1800's so how about a crimean war mod. Covering the Zulu wars etc...

noone23
Yeoman
Yeoman

Boring...

Postby noone23 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:36 pm

More Napoleonics is what the doctor ordered - especially Leipzig - .

Ziethen
Yeoman
Yeoman

Re: New Task

Postby Ziethen » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:18 pm

IMHO, The great time of line battles is over with the napoleonic wars. In Crimea Wars and ACW, they used new accurate rifles (much greater rang than the muskets), that limited the possiblity of close combat to a minimum. I dont think this battles will be exciting battles. At least if the mod is fairly historical.

falcons1988 wrote:Covering the Zulu wars etc...

how about "Tiananmen Square - Total War"?

Field Marshal Blücher
Esquire
Esquire

Re: New Task

Postby Field Marshal Blücher » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Ziethen wrote:how about "Tiananmen Square - Total War"?

One of the factions essentially only has one unit. Boring.
Vorwärts!

CaptainVexilleBritannicus
Gentleman
Gentleman
Location: Some Feild, In Kent, Near a Hedge, About Six Feet Below Ground Level

Postby CaptainVexilleBritannicus » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:07 pm

One of the factions essentially only has one unit. Boring.

The Zulus I presume? Au contraire I can think of at least four very basic units - riflemen, using captured or traded firearms; spearmen, using the short ChakaZulu-style assegai, the iKlwa; javlineers, using longer, pre-Chaka throwing spears; and clubmen, using that African staple, the knobkerries.
That is without going into the different regiments (amaIbutho, or impis) - to name a few: the uDududu, uNokenke, umCijo, uThulwana, inGobamakhosi, uMbonambi, uDloko, iNdluyengwe, inDlondo and inDlu-yengwe amaIbutho. All the regiments had spectacularly different battledress and shields (which naturally belonged to the king), and standards of training, mobility - the regiments were partially ordered by age, and experience, not to mention the all-important morale.
The Zulu war I.M.H.O. would make a wonderful mod. Not too sure about Crimea though, although the cavalry and cannon would still be stirring.
Your obt svt,
Britannicus Vexille Esq.

Lord von Döbeln
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord von Döbeln » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:16 pm

I think Bl?cher meant that the student faction at Tienanmen square would only have students as a unit (could be divided into maths, physics, language, arts majors etc. though...:wink:). Also I don't think passive resitance and non-violence protests would translate well to the TW series. :lol:

LvD
"Let no bastard pass the bridge!"

- General Johan August Sandels in The Tales of Ensign Stål by Johan Ludvig Runeberg

Field Marshal Blücher
Esquire
Esquire

Postby Field Marshal Blücher » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:11 pm

CaptainVexilleBritannicus wrote:The Zulus I presume? Au contraire I can think of at least four very basic units - riflemen, using captured or traded firearms; spearmen, using the short ChakaZulu-style assegai, the iKlwa; javlineers, using longer, pre-Chaka throwing spears; and clubmen, using that African staple, the knobkerries.
That is without going into the different regiments (amaIbutho, or impis) - to name a few: the uDududu, uNokenke, umCijo, uThulwana, inGobamakhosi, uMbonambi, uDloko, iNdluyengwe, inDlondo and inDlu-yengwe amaIbutho. All the regiments had spectacularly different battledress and shields (which naturally belonged to the king), and standards of training, mobility - the regiments were partially ordered by age, and experience, not to mention the all-important morale.
The Zulu war I.M.H.O. would make a wonderful mod. Not too sure about Crimea though, although the cavalry and cannon would still be stirring.

LvD is right here about which one I meant. Actually, I think a Zulu war mod would be pretty cool.
Vorwärts!

Lord von Döbeln
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord von Döbeln » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:11 pm

A Zulu mod would be nice indeed. All British units are 50 men on Huge and the Zulu are 200. :wink:

LvD
"Let no bastard pass the bridge!"

- General Johan August Sandels in The Tales of Ensign Stål by Johan Ludvig Runeberg

Return to “Napoleonic Total War 2”