Old Guard / 2nd Generals and impact on moral

This section is for all related with our mod: NTW2.
MacDonnell
Villein
Villein

Old Guard / 2nd Generals and impact on moral

Postby MacDonnell » Sat May 10, 2008 10:52 am

Can anyone help me with further insight into the effectiveness of 2nd Generals on Moral ?
What i mean is :

If you have a regular general then its quite clear from the comments when you role cursor over a unit that his "encouragement" helps all his units within a radius of approx 1-2 line infantry widths....

I see a similar negative effect on the enemy when i use old guard, they really hurt enemy moral over quote a large range...

But...if you take a second general unit it is not so clear over what range his encouragement works .. i imagine from his chant that he is based on the british druids in rome ? but how good is he ? and what range does he work over ?

The question comes from some tests i've been trying out in order to try and find a way to stop the french rush (ive failed to stop it so far)
Yours
MacDonnell

Moopere
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Moopere » Sun May 11, 2008 3:55 pm

I'd be very interested in the results of your testing. I've not been successful in quantifying the effectiveness of the extra general...I like to think he helps but I can't measure by how much or even if he really helps at all. Could be the placebo effect on me.

Ultimately this turned me off using an extra general in my games. His cost is quite high, not in florins so much but he takes up an extra unit slot and thereby denies me up to 123 extra infantry models. If the effect of having the extra general is so subtle as to not be measurable I figured I'd much rather have an extra unit of militia or something.

Having said that, if you can find a way to repeatably see a positive effect I'd reconsider.

Cheers, M.
===========================
[NWG] - Napoleonic War Gamers

MacDonnell
Villein
Villein

Postby MacDonnell » Mon May 19, 2008 12:19 pm

Ref my initial question, i would be very interested in any comments from other on this ? also would be interested to know if there is a modifier factor for proximity of enemy cav on infantry moral ?
Yours

MacDonnell

Moopere
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Moopere » Mon May 19, 2008 1:40 pm

MacDonnell wrote:interested to know if there is a modifier factor for proximity of enemy cav on infantry moral ?

Yep, there is. Its called "mount_effect" and generally hovers around -7 to -10 (though some units have -42! and will run at the mere possibility of cavalry)

Regards, Moopere
[NWG] - Napoleonic War Gamers

Return to “Napoleonic Total War 2”