About That Mapset Update...

This section is for all related with our mod: NTW2.
noone23
Yeoman
Yeoman

About That Mapset Update...

Postby noone23 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:47 am

What ever became of it? It was supposedly due out a week after the Swede/Turk upgrade. I've been keeping watch for an announcement but have seen nothing yet. What's up?

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:52 pm

They are being worked on right now. :)

Devoirs The Empress
"Act well your part, there all the honour lies." -Pope

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

noone23
Yeoman
Yeoman

I'll Continue To Keep Watch, Then

Postby noone23 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:22 am

I sort of wondered if somebody forgot about the whole thing but thanks, Meg, you have just reassured me to the contrary. While I'm at this, what is going to be new with this next mapset update?

Lord Braindead Colonel
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Braindead Colonel » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:23 am

new maps of course. By gunner and totola, and a few edits on existing ones, like new previews for the winter maps, that show L Badger's excellent new trees.
From the graves of our slain
Shall thy valour prevail
As we greet thee again-
Hail, Liberty! Hail!

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Serious MP map problems

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:49 am

Dear Lordz,

I don't know if you are aware of this or not but the map situation is causing problems in the lobby......I really don't fully understand the detail of it all but Moopere has looked into it and I think it has something to do with the c/o with old and new installations of ntw2/map pack. I'm sure he will correct me if I've got that wrong.

I'd would suggest (not my place to but I'll do it anyway) that the Lordz get the new map pack with ALL the current maps in out out asap and then ADVISE that everyone delete their current MAP folder contents and re-installs the brand new upto date map pack so that EVERYONE then has the same maps with the same c/o.

If not I fear we will continue to have map compatability errors in the MP lobby.

Moopere, would you please explain the problem if I've got this wrong - many thanks.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.
http://napbc.freeforums.org/

Lord Braindead Colonel
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Braindead Colonel » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:58 pm

There was a problem with the coordinates, but L. Badger had found it already, and in the set we have it's all been corrected. Also in the installer I've added a line that will automatically remove all the existing maps, so that the installation won't have any problems. As for when it will be released, well, whenever I manage to upload it. :?
Shall thy valour prevail
As we greet thee again-
Hail, Liberty! Hail!

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Good map news.

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:18 pm

Also in the installer I've added a line that will automatically remove all the existing maps, so that the installation won't have any problems. As for when it will be released, well, whenever I manage to upload it.

Very good, that's excellent news....when you issue that out it sounds like all the map snags will be resolved.

I expect that it is a very BIG file with about almost 200 maps ?.

Would it be possible to make it say FOUR seperate files of about 50 maps each.....just a thought.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Moopere
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Moopere » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:21 pm

Lord Braindead Colonel wrote:There was a problem with the coordinates, but L. Badger had found it already, and in the set we have it's all been corrected. Also in the installer I've added a line that will automatically remove all the existing maps, so that the installation won't have any problems. As for when it will be released, well, whenever I manage to upload it. :?

Fantastic! Yes, this is the only sure way to get it fixed. Good work.

Best regards, Moopere
===========================
[NWG] - Napoleonic War Gamers

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:46 pm

Can we start a count down to the map pack release ?.

Where shall we start it at ?, 10 ?.

I hope that's in days and not weeks.........
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Felix
Villein
Villein

Postby Felix » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:58 pm

I've made a map and have used it playing through LAN with which it works fine. However, when I try to use it has a historical map with units it goes to the desktop as soon as I select an army and start. Any help oon how I could fix this?

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:47 pm

However, when I try to use it has a historical map with units it goes to the desktop as soon as I select an army and start. Any help oon how I could fix this?

No, sorry, I only make custom maps.

Lordz - still no luck with the UPLOAD thing for the map pack ?.

There must be sites out there that can handle this - no ?.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Herr Lindstrom
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Herr Lindstrom » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:51 pm

why not just release it in several smaller packs... like what the dev team did for Forgotten Honor mod version 0.7 for bf1942 like... more than 1 gig per part at Filefront... take not that they had 3 seperate parts to FH 0.7. But... i find it easyer to find downloads at Gamershell.com or download.com
Why this a-cursed 100 character limit again?

Moopere
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Moopere » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:35 am

Gunner24 wrote:There must be sites out there that can handle this - no ?.

boxstr.com will handle 1GB uploads with 1GB/day down and 5GB of storage per account total - all for the free version.

Free sites handling large size files that don't spam you or have a million popups are becoming hard to find but there are still a few about that will handle 500MB+ downloads.

M.

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Map pack upload problems ?.

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:55 pm

At the risk of being accused of "moaning" I'm finding it very hard to understand what the delay is here. IF it really is impossible to upload this map pack then it has to be possible to break it down into smaller segments and do it that way - no ?.

I made maps many many months ago which I did for the MP Community and they have still yet to appear in any Lordz map pack.

I am currently making 10 more maps which I will post when they are ready (maybe next week) on the Lordz, nwg and NBC sites. They will be ready (without pictures) for anyone to use that would like to download them.

If they ever find there way into an "official" Lordz map pack all well and good, if not, no harm done.

I know the Lordz are understaffed nowdays and have more important things to do than worry about maps, but it must not be all that hard to get these maps out to the Community at large with some kind of "official" release ?.

Many of them are out there and being used via individual download, but it would be so much better if EVERYONE had the same version of all the maps via one single (or several) map packs released from the Lordz.

It makes one wonder if it might be best to bypass the Lordz site alltogether with this kind of stuff ?.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Lord Braindead Colonel
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Re: Map pack upload problems ?.

Postby Lord Braindead Colonel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:47 pm

Gunner24 wrote:It makes one wonder if it might be best to bypass the Lordz site alltogether with this kind of stuff ?.

If you are able to make an installer then by all means, host it wherever you feel like.

In the mean time , there are a number of reasons why this map pack has not been uploaded yet, one being some networks problems i have been having, the other is that some maps still have bugs that I have to go through and fix. If you have new maps then that would be one more reason to wait. In any case, if you do have new maps, then post them here when they are ready so that they may be included
Shall thy valour prevail
As we greet thee again-
Hail, Liberty! Hail!

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:22 pm

If you are able to make an installer then by all means, host it wherever you feel like.

I would have no clue where to start with making an installer, but if you upload/download the files and move them into the correct folder that does the job - yes/no ?.

In the mean time , there are a number of reasons why this map pack has not been uploaded yet, one being some networks problems i have been having, the other is that some maps still have bugs that I have to go through and fix.

OK, fair enough, now we know, you did tell me in the lobby some weeks ago that it was all done and ready to go and that you were going to upload it the next day !. After that you said it was a problem with uploading it, now it's not even ready !........

If you have new maps then that would be one more reason to wait.

Please don't let my new maps hold things up. They can be downloaded anytime after the map pack is released - no problems there except the little picture will be missing, but that's no big deal.

In any case, if you do have new maps, then post them here when they are ready so that they may be included

Sure, I will post them up as normal some time next week - with a bit of luck.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Herr Lindstrom
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Herr Lindstrom » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:33 am

Moopere
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Moopere » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:13 am

Gunner24 wrote:They can be downloaded anytime after the map pack is released - no problems there except the little picture will be missing, but that's no big deal.

Hi Gunner,

Post your maps to me first and I'll be happy to help by adding 'the little picture'

Cheers, M.

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:15 pm

Post your maps to me first and I'll be happy to help by adding 'the little picture'

Really, that's very good, I spent a massive amount of time trying to do this a long time ago following instructions someone sent me. I never did figure it out !.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Moopere
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Moopere » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:50 am

Gunner24 wrote:

Really, that's very good, I spent a massive amount of time trying to do this a long time ago following instructions someone sent me. I never did figure it out !.

Hope I have not spoken too soon then as I've not done it before. Seems to me that the game will pick up a .TGA format file in the maps own directory thats got the same name as the map. Getting a decent screen capture that well portrays the map will be a challenge but I'll see how I get on.

Regards, M.

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:46 pm

Seems to me that the game will pick up a .TGA format file in the maps own directory thats got the same name as the map

When you put it like that it sounds oh so simple, so, I had ANOTHER look at it and still no go.....I got the picture in a TGA file, moved it into the map folder and still a blank space where the picture should be - these things are easy when you know how and imnpossible if you don't know how !.

I will get them to you in a day or to, almost done now.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Herr Lindstrom
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Herr Lindstrom » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:17 am

errm... okay.. im looking at a map folder right now. I see 3 things. 1 a text file, the second a WFC file. and Third the TGA thing. and it's called "Snapshot" and it's called "Snapshot" (w/o quotes) in all the other map folders as well... soo... maybe naming the screenie after the map wont help but naming it Snapshot will???

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Maps almost ready

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:21 am

Ha, well I never, it was that simple after all, the hours I spent on this......when all the time all I had to do was........get the file, crop it, save it, name it snapshot and move it into the map folder.....amazing.

Pictures are now all done, last minute checks to do then I''ll upload the "Germany" map pack later in the next few days here, on the nwg and on the NBC sites.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Herr Lindstrom
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Herr Lindstrom » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:14 am

Glad i was of some help :D

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:45 am

Yes, thanks for that, so funny, I could have done all the pictures for all my maps in the past if only someone had just told me what you did........

I'll say no more.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Return to “Napoleonic Total War 2”