SP campaign

This section is for all related with our mod: NTW2.
rsslcs
Villein
Villein

SP campaign

Postby rsslcs » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:02 pm

Now that NTW2 is all but finished, why not start a SP campaign, and what happened tu Warluster's attempt??

Lord von Döbeln
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord von Döbeln » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:13 pm

It would take an awful lot of work to implement an NTW2 campaign and sadly the extremely poor way that the AI handles Napoleonic units (and at times the campaign map actions) it's not considered to be worth all the effort.

LvD
"Let no bastard pass the bridge!"

- General Johan August Sandels in The Tales of Ensign Stål by Johan Ludvig Runeberg

TheOldGuard
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby TheOldGuard » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:13 am

Not to mention that it'll be pointless to work on something for months when Empire is going to come out regardless. That amount of time could be used working on adding a few more factions or fixing various bugs.

Herr Lindstrom
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Herr Lindstrom » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:40 am

TheOldGuard wrote:Not to mention that it'll be pointless to work on something for months when Empire is going to come out regardless. That amount of time could be used working on adding a few more factions or fixing various bugs.

Very good point. You get a danish pastery as a reward :P
Why this a-cursed 100 character limit again?

noone23
Yeoman
Yeoman

Number of Total Factions Still Undetermined

Postby noone23 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:38 pm

I still would like to know how many more factions can be safely added to this mod. The original game still has, I believe, more than this mod so I would think there is still room for at least a couple more factions. While I'm at this, I'll vote again for North Italy and Poland. It never hurts to try.

Lord von Döbeln
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord von Döbeln » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:42 pm

IIRC it's not the number of factions that's the problem but the number of models we have used. In RTW a lot of units and factions used the same models with different skins, but in NTW2 there are far more exclusive models per faction. Please correct me if I'm wrong Meg/Braindead or anyone else who know better. :wink:

LvD
"Let no bastard pass the bridge!"

- General Johan August Sandels in The Tales of Ensign Stål by Johan Ludvig Runeberg

rsslcs
Villein
Villein

empire

Postby rsslcs » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:31 pm

Wot about people who shall not be able to make Empire work? (like me :wink: ) ?

Lord Nickster
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Nickster » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:00 am

a sp campaign would be extremly easy to make, but it would be tedious. the only probly is the ai. we already have the models, so all we would need is the campaing map, and pictures for the campaign. just would need to updated how the cities look.
The future is made by the actions of 1 man.

Lord Nickster

noone23
Yeoman
Yeoman

I'm With Rsslcs on the Single Player Campaign Idea

Postby noone23 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:09 am

Not everyone here will have the hardware, etc., to make ETW work. We could, therefore, really use a break with a single player campaign. I know it's been said over and over that the AI handles these units in a way that makes a campaign addition to this mod VERY unlikely(how does the AI do this? I would like that explanation). Still, I wonder how many players here would be willing to overlook this in order to have a campaign option available. Votes probably don't mean a thing here, but if they do mine is clearly in favor of anything that adds to the game, be it more factions, more units or a single player campaign. Maximum user choice should ALWAYS be the goal.

rsslcs
Villein
Villein

Re: I'm With Rsslcs on the Single Player Campaign Idea

Postby rsslcs » Tue May 06, 2008 7:51 pm

noone23 wrote:Not everyone here will have the hardware, etc., to make ETW work. We could, therefore, really use a break with a single player campaign. I know it's been said over and over that the AI handles these units in a way that makes a campaign addition to this mod VERY unlikely(how does the AI do this? I would like that explanation). Still, I wonder how many players here would be willing to overlook this in order to have a campaign option available. Votes probably don't mean a thing here, but if they do mine is clearly in favor of anything that adds to the game, be it more factions, more units or a single player campaign. Maximum user choice should ALWAYS be the goal.

Thankyou, that is JUST what I wanted to say. Even if the AI is rubbish, the RTW campaign was still fun, and it adds hours of gameplay. Most other mods have campaigns, and they too have difficulty with the AI. NTW2 is one of the odd ones out with none whatsoever. AND WHAT ABOUT WARLUSTER???

falcons1988
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby falcons1988 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:04 pm

If anything, you are probably best speaking to Bardo of LOTR-TW modding team, as he has done wonders with the campaign map.
www.lotr-tw.net

rsslcs
Villein
Villein

Postby rsslcs » Wed May 07, 2008 8:56 pm

thx, falcon will do :wink:

Zygmunt I

Postby Zygmunt I » Wed May 07, 2008 9:30 pm

What about using MII's AI on Rome's engine? You have a 1.0 out now, so... slap together a strat file, throw a few units in, PORT over MII AI, and damn! You have a SP campaign :)

Especially since I can't play NTW 1 anymore (more Vista crap)

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Thu May 08, 2008 1:10 am

Zygmunt I wrote:What about using MII's AI on Rome's engine? You have a 1.0 out now, so... slap together a strat file, throw a few units in, PORT over MII AI, and damn! You have a SP campaign :)

M2TW and RTW are the same game, same engine, different skins.

Devoirs The Empress
"Act well your part, there all the honour lies." -Pope

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

Field Marshal Blücher
Esquire
Esquire

Postby Field Marshal Blücher » Thu May 08, 2008 1:47 am

Lady Meg wrote:
Zygmunt I wrote:What about using MII's AI on Rome's engine? You have a 1.0 out now, so... slap together a strat file, throw a few units in, PORT over MII AI, and damn! You have a SP campaign :)

M2TW and RTW are the same game, same engine, different skins.

Devoirs The Empress

M2TW AI is slightly better than RTW AI. Still not enough to give me a challenge, though, even on Very Hard.

It might know how to use gunpowder units better, though.

-FMB
Vorwärts!

Herr Lindstrom
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Herr Lindstrom » Fri May 09, 2008 6:43 pm

Yeh but if you do that then you'd might as well make Napoleonics mod for M2tw... Though. it'd be nice to have the 1st bloody rank to fire instead of all 3.... In the actual napoleonic wars it was the 1st 2 ranks that fired i think.... the 3rd was just used to replace those who had fallen....

Ziethen
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Ziethen » Tue May 13, 2008 12:19 pm

Herr Lindstrom wrote:Yeh but if you do that then you'd might as well make Napoleonics mod for M2tw... Though. it'd be nice to have the 1st bloody rank to fire instead of all 3.... In the actual napoleonic wars it was the 1st 2 ranks that fired i think.... the 3rd was just used to replace those who had fallen....

Thats what I am talking about for months. All this LoV, NWG, shoting blocks, complaining etc. would be history and NTW3 would be the best game of the world.
But now it is just some months and Empire:Total War will be in stores. Its to late to start a MTW2 mod. :cry:

NTW1 has that "only the 2 first rows are firing"-feature. Some people that are sick of all rows are firing moved back to NTW1 and play the 1809-mod.
http://s15.invisionfree.com/ntw1revival

Red Rider
Villein
Villein

Postby Red Rider » Tue May 20, 2008 11:20 am

I agree with falcons1988, talk to the LOTR-TW team. Their campaign is very well done.
Red Rider

Herr Lindstrom
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Herr Lindstrom » Thu May 22, 2008 7:30 am

Ziethen wrote: But now it is just some months and Empire:Total War will be in stores. Its to late to start a MTW2 mod. :cry:

True. But now i think the Creative Assembly finally managed to get the first 2-3 ranks to fire. and hopefully more model slots to play with. And think of it. Not only would you have a kickass N3TW online experience (coz shooting blocks are no more). But there would be a likely chance for a Campaign.... maybe even an online campaign if we're lucky (I know Kingdoms had a hotseat campaign... and that too is included in the Retrofit mod for Kingdoms...).. And cant forget to mention the amazing Sea battles! If Creative assembly allowes for Online campaign there would be no need for the bloody NW idea! I honestly cannot wait untill its release. I think im going to have to Pre Order ETW :D

Return to “Napoleonic Total War 2”