Napoleonic Total War II version 1.0 Released Updated June 1

This section is for all related with our mod: NTW2.
Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Napoleonic Total War II version 1.0 Released Updated June 1

Postby Lady Meg » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:47 am

Officers and commanders, high saddled horsemen, adroit artillery and the poor, bloody infantry alike,

At last the wait is over, and I can speak for the Lordz when I say that we are just as glad to release this as you are to finally play it. A good deal of work has gone into this momentous version of Napoleonic Total War II and we hope that it is worth the teeth grinding and hair pulling. Without further frilly words, here is a brief rundown of what you can expect from Napoleonic Total War II version 1.0:

-Two new factions, the Kingdom of Sweden and the Ottoman Empire
    -The removal of body piercing bullets
    -Five new desert maps (so that the Ottomans feel at home)
    -Three new multiplayer scripted battles, Quatre Bras, Ligny & Wavre
    -No fire in melee in the scripted battles
    -Preset armies for each nation
    -And several other minor changes, additions and fixes that you will have to discover on your own

Further explanation of features

Body piercing bullets (BP) have been removed. This has been done in the hopes of removing the freeze bug. Tests were conducted by the Lordz and their beta testers to see what sort of effects the removal caused and we are satisfied with the results. The rank and file are still killed in the rearward ranks of the line and column even without BP enabled.

The three new scripted battles have taken Napoleonic Total War II to a new plateau in multiplayer gaming. With great efforts the Lordz overcame the restrictions imposed by the Rome Total War engine in order to give an even more realistic Napoleonic experience: there is no fire in melee in these battles. Once you lock bayonets in these battles, then no one may fire his musket. Instead, you must pull away and reorganize into ranks to attempt a volley. This is done at great risk to your men, who once let loss of their officers? leashes will be hard pressed to return to the stiff discipline of their lines.

Napoleonic Total War II version 1.0 is a full and complete install encompassing all previous versions. In summation, whether you are installing Napoleonic Total War II for the first time or have the Pen Pack and the Portugal expansion you will use the same, singular install.
NB- Napoleonic Total War II version 1.0 only contains the official Lordz maps. If you are installing NTW2 for the first time, it is recommended that you download the Map Pack as well containing over 100 community made maps for online play. A new, updated Map Pack will follow in roughly a week?s time.

Finally, this is version 1.0. For those of you who may not understand the significance of this, Napoleonic Total War II has reached its prime. In this version the culmination of over two year?s work from dozens of people are contained; sleepless nights, strained eyes, PC disasters, countless hours of reworked textures, codes, editing, a chorus of questions and slew of answers, countless PM?s and a breakdown or two, myriad history books, comings and goings, slow downs, boredom, headaches, and creative disagreements.

What began as a struggling start has grown into a strong, robust and extraordinary modification. There are hundreds of RTW mods out there, all offering something different, but this one has in my opinion out shined them for it?s longevity, creativeness and above all it?s community. While Napoleonic Total War II represents a paradigm shift in mods it is the tightly knit community that continues to pour life into the Lordz Modding Collective. Because of this every-changing community there is always something in the works from the Lordz. So while this might be the conclusive battle for NTW2, it is certainly not time to lower the flag.

Please go to the Downloads section of the site to begin your download.

Enjoy, The Lordz Modding Collective
Last edited by Lady Meg on Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Act well your part, there all the honour lies." -Pope

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Install instructions and release notes

Postby Lady Meg » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:57 am

Install instructions
1) NTW2 is a modification for RTW 1.5/ RTW:BI 1.6. In order to play NTW2, please ensure that you have fully updated your version of RTW and that there are no other mods present. In other words, you must have a clean install of RTW.

Install RTW.
Install RTW patch 1.3.
Install RTW patch 1.5.

2) Download the NTW2 version 1.0 full install from the Lordz website here. You will need Winrar to extract the files inside. WinRar
Download NTW2 version 1 Patch if you already have the older version of NTW2 version 1.0. New users need only download the Full Install.

3) Extract the contents of the rar folder.

4) Double click on the program and the install will begin. Follow the prompts to finish installing NTW2 to your PC.

5) Optional: Install the Community Map Pack for Multiplayer battles.
The Map Pack will be updated in about a week's time to include more community submitted maps.

NTW2 version 1.0 uses the mod switch, so no original RTW files will be edited. (You can have as many mods installed on a single RTW folder as long as the use the mod switch.) It is recommened that you install this complete version of NTW2 on a clean copy of RTW 1.5.

Installer Options: You will be given the option to select these during the install process.

Create Desktop Shortcut- Creates a shortcut on your desktop for faster game initializing. (Duh :P).

Use Quick Chat- Enables "Y" for global chat and "T" for team chat while ingame.

Disable Arrow Markers- Removes the green arrows under selected units. Units will only highlight.

Install Low Resolution Textures- One half the size of normal textures. Installing these can cut down on lag slightly while reducing unit detail.

Install Lingering Smoke ?Lingering Smoke? will allow musket smoke to build up and cloud the field, making for a more gritty and hazy battle. This is not recommended for people with older, slower PCs. It will cause framerate drop.

Please go to the Downloads section of the site to begin your download.

Enjoy, The Lordz Modding Collective
Last edited by Lady Meg on Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

Moopere
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Moopere » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:57 pm

What can I say? Wow!

Really nice job there guys, seriously nice! I'm sure everyone is going to be threefold impressed....fantastic new factions, a lot less crashing -and- if that were not enough, a rebalance of costing.

Outstanding.

Best regards, Moopere

Lord von Döbeln
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord von Döbeln » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:30 pm

(Since I wasn't really involved in the making of this I feel free to utter:)
Outstanding work my Lordz and not least my Lady! :D

LvD
"Let no bastard pass the bridge!"

- General Johan August Sandels in The Tales of Ensign Stål by Johan Ludvig Runeberg

Lord Braindead Colonel
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Braindead Colonel » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:13 pm

And if you were wondering who it was that made the excellent voice commands for Sweden, that would be our very own L von Dobeln (the man's had military training, and you can tell it too :wink: )
From the graves of our slain
Shall thy valour prevail
As we greet thee again-
Hail, Liberty! Hail!

Lord von Döbeln
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord von Döbeln » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:23 pm

:oops: Well it's sadly true... :lol:

LvD
"Let no bastard pass the bridge!"

- General Johan August Sandels in The Tales of Ensign Stål by Johan Ludvig Runeberg

Gunfreak
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Gunfreak » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:46 pm

what a sweed voicing sweeds, unheard of.

I demand you revoice the voices so a norweigan can voice the sweed, everybody knows norwegians are better sweeds then sweeds.

Lord Legless Lannes
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Legless Lannes » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:10 pm

Pat on the back, Released a week before the end of the month.

:D

Well done.
"One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this."

Don Quixote

http://www.napoleonics.eu

CeltiberoFrog
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby CeltiberoFrog » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:04 pm

Just to say THANK YOU SO MUCH !!

Outstanding work, as usual !

You are indeed the best modders ever in TotalWar series.

Cheers

Frog

Angelis_Mortis
Villein
Villein

Postby Angelis_Mortis » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:26 pm

Thankyou very much to the team, its a lovelly job
hope you all get a free vacation now :wink:

Rectunator

Postby Rectunator » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:20 pm

So lets see... we have France, Britain, Prussia, Netherlands/Belgium, Hannover (was it hannover, that small faction?), Russia, Sweden, Austria, Ottoman Empire, Portugal, that kinky Italian state and Spain. Am I missing something here?
SVK Brigadier Rectunator
Former Commander-in-Chief of LGA, Field-Marshal Rectunator

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Svenska_Arme ... hp?act=idx

Lord Badger
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Badger » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:45 pm

brunswick
[N]Badger

[N] Marshal
former |LeJuntaIrregulars|
former |LGA - 1st| Majorl

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:16 pm

There's a running tally of releases on the site here if you're interested:
http://lordz.thelordz.co.uk/index.php?id=8,0,0,1,0,0

In August 2006 The Lordz released the fist NTW2 product: the 1812 Borodino scenario, introducing the French and Russians.

The 1815 Waterloo factions: British, Prussian, United Netherlands and Brunswick released in November 2006.

The Austrian faction was released in December 2006.

July 2007, the Lordz Modding Collective released the Peninsula Pack, a combination of the previous official NTW2 modifications along with Community Patch 2. Two new factions were also added: The Kingdom of Spain and the Kingdom of Naples. A separate Map Pack was created to keep download times to a minimum.

On September 5, 2007 the Portugal Expansion was released. It contained not only the Portuguese faction to round out the Peninsular War but also a few minor changes and bug fixes.

March 25, 2008 saw the final release of NTW2. Version 1.0 contained the Ottoamn and Swedish factions, new scripted battles, and an end to the freeze bug.

A dozen factions in total.

Devoirs The Empress

Moopere
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Moopere » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:35 am

Hi Lordz, happy as I am to receive the new latest (last?) update is this a bad time to mention a little niggle? I'll forget if I don't write it down so I'll forge ahead.

The preferences file has had a 'bug', well, maybe not a bug, but a problem, for a while whereby it severely limits the maximum resolution you can use. I think its set to a max of 1280x1024. I'm guessing there are a few decent widescreens out there nowadays with much higher resolution than this.

For mine I have to manually hack the file to allow the use of 1680x1050, seems likely there would be a few lucky folks with even 1920x1200 screens out there.

Its trivially easy to modify by hand but only if you know where to look. Worth noting this down for any possible future buglet/refresh?

Cheers,
Moopere

Moopere
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Moopere » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:41 am

Oh, forgot in my last post. Is the peninsular pack still required? Its still posted up in the downloads section right under the new release.

M.

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:09 am

You should not be able to see that! :P I've just forgotten to remove it from the backend.

Version 1.0 is a full install. It's actually preferable to reinstal again to flush out any older "junk" you may have floating around. Of course if you remove your nap folder then you will have to install the map pack as well. So you might as well wait until we update the map pack to do a complete reinstall.

Devoirs The Empress

Che9122
Villein
Villein

Postby Che9122 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:20 am

YYYAAAYYY!!!

Warluster
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Warluster » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:25 am

Lordz; great release; still haven't gotten to playing or d'wing yet but one question for when I do tomorrow:
1)I am guessing your all finished modding RTW?
2)Is there no patch for us slow poke's.... :twisted:
Warluster

Lord Legless Lannes
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Legless Lannes » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:14 pm

Moopere wrote:Hi Lordz, happy as I am to receive the new latest (last?) update is this a bad time to mention a little niggle? I'll forget if I don't write it down so I'll forge ahead.

The preferences file has had a 'bug', well, maybe not a bug, but a problem, for a while whereby it severely limits the maximum resolution you can use. I think its set to a max of 1280x1024. I'm guessing there are a few decent widescreens out there nowadays with much higher resolution than this.

For mine I have to manually hack the file to allow the use of 1680x1050, seems likely there would be a few lucky folks with even 1920x1200 screens out there.

Cheers,
Moopere

Ah yes I had this problem in the past as well after each release but this time I didn't have to edit anything which was nice.

If anyone else has max resolution issues use the link below.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=45315
"One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this."

Don Quixote

TheOldGuard
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby TheOldGuard » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:47 pm

Without a doubt, I have been looking forward to this release, I absolutely love the Sweden and Ottomans within this patch. Excellent work as usual, the three new historic battles are surprisingly addicted as well.

noone23
Yeoman
Yeoman

Good On the Second Try

Postby noone23 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:42 am

When I first tried to install this most recent update I got as far as clicking on Custom Battles at which point the mod crashed. I then backtracked and uninstalled N2TW and installed the new version over RTW 1.5. This time the thing worked. From what I could see while trying out the two newest factions in custom battle mode neither the Swedes nor the Turks have much in the morale department. Both factions had units that hadn't taken too many losses turn tail and head for the hills. Normally I expect to see an enemy unit get down to a small fraction of its starting strength before calling it quits. This does make for quicker battles for anyone in a hurry at least.

noone23
Yeoman
Yeoman

The Updated Mapset

Postby noone23 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:13 am

I take it we can expect another announcement once the updated map pack is ready, yes?

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Re: The Updated Mapset

Postby Lady Meg » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:12 am

noone23 wrote:I take it we can expect another announcement once the updated map pack is ready, yes?
Yes, you can.

Devoirs The Empress

hick09
Villein
Villein

Postby hick09 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:56 am

This is one of the greatest modification created for Rome TW. Are lords going to make the strategic map or we won't do it :?:

noone23
Yeoman
Yeoman

Welcome To the Club, Hick09

Postby noone23 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:31 pm

Don't expect to see anything from the Lordz on the strategic level. Over and over they have said that nothing like that will be done by them for reasons already posted elsewhere at these forums. I wish it were different but there is no use in arguing or protesting since the official decree to this effect has been issued as final.

Return to “Napoleonic Total War 2”