Question

All about the Lordz' first mod: NTW1.
Zygmunt I

Question

Postby Zygmunt I » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:47 pm

Do I have the honorable permission of the Lordz and of course von Dolben, which whom this scenario is largely based on, to upload a 1650 scenario, which I am only using for private use at the moment?

NOTHING will be uploaded until I have the expressed permission of both the Lordz and von Dolben.

This scenario I would consider "minor work" and is nothing big nor drastic. But fun, new, and interesting none the less.

I await both of yours' honorable reply with the utmost of trepidation :)

And after all, there is that 1809 scenario floating around. Is mine so much different?

Thanks to the both of you either way,

Zygmunt I

Lord Nickster
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Nickster » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:56 pm

is this for ntw1 or ntw2?
The future is made by the actions of 1 man.

Lord Nickster

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:00 am

It is NTW1,

I will bring this to the attention of Lordz Ashram and LvD as they have worked for some time on this project. We will also talk it over.

Devoirs The Empress
"Act well your part, there all the honour lies." -Pope

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

Zygmunt I

Postby Zygmunt I » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:33 am

Lady Meg wrote:It is NTW1,

I will bring this to the attention of Lordz Ashram and LvD as they have worked for some time on this project. We will also talk it over.

Devoirs The Empress

Thank ya, mah Lady.

It only took 5-6 hours, 1 hour trying to figure out a loading freeze bug.

It's only 5 files, no big deal if I'm not allowed to :)

I have it for my own use, just wanted to know if I could share it with everyone else :)

Zygmunt I

Lord Ashram
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Ashram » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:55 pm

Hi Zyg,

Can I ask what this entails? What is the work, what does it mod, all of that?

Thanks,

LA
http://lordashramshouseofwar.blogspot.com - Lord Ashram's House of War

http://ntwgg.proboards26.com/ -The Grenadier Guards; the Napoleonic Total War clan.

Zygmunt I

Postby Zygmunt I » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:50 am

Well, first the easy. Obvious territory changes to compensate.

Minor (minor) tweaks with unit cost/sizes. Biggest change of all is only the general and the King and Prince's units having 15 size default, 30 on huge setting. That's the way I like it, so... 8)

Some changes to country names and correction of others in the Loc folder.

80% of the work took place in the startpos folder, let me try to remember...

Re-activated Africa, I took the castle and origin positions from XL.
Gave the cathedral title back.
My biggest happiness was adding back the Papacy, however, landreg_96 is left alone and the Papacy not having a 'Pope' ai but instead having Catholic Defensive is there. I can activate them but can't seem to make them a playable faction... I had a freeze when I clicked on them in the erm, 'Pick your country' screen. So they're still in the mod, they just have to be minor and non-playable :(
And some changes with goods costs, and many other tweaks that I deemed worth it.

And of course many tweaks will follow, if I'm allowed to upload this, and let me ask you 2 questions..

How do you make the Papacy a playable faction, regardless.

And 2 is (can't remember, will insert it here when it comes to mind)

Lord Ashram, I can pm a link to it if you like.

Zygmunt I

Postby Zygmunt I » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:50 pm

Sorry about the double post! Very quickly, Papacy are now playable with no freeze!! (and the secret wasn't even that hard to find :twisted: )

Lord Ashram, I pmed you the link earlier today. I have deleted this message and will send you a new one.

Zygmunt I

Postby Zygmunt I » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:54 am

Well, gee golly wiz. Between work (and quitting) I've been ever so strapped for time. If I can recall...

I changed the campaign map starting positons.

Slightly small changes to unit sizes and upkeep costs.

Africa is there, and ready for the gobble (up).

Hmm, uhh, startpos, took FOREVER. Just have a breeze down with that and see what is changed. Pretty much everything.

I know this isn't like a "real" campaign, but it can be fun, and new and interesting.

It's still at filefront... :roll:

Zygmunt I

Postby Zygmunt I » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:35 pm

#polite bump#

Lady Meg, I found it! Thanks notre dame :)

One day (one day) if I actually mod the unit strenghts/weakneses or turned this into a mini project, well... can I?? That will of course be "one day" when MTW VI is old as dirt and I'm still playing it, probably in a nursing home or something... :roll:

(or) I could do something for private use, and when it is honorable enough, than ask. That answers my own question, but this one doesn't:

Is there a problem with not all the dead bodies showing up? How could I go about fixing that?

Return to “Napoleonic Total War 1”