NTW and Vista

All about the Lordz' first mod: NTW1.
Zygmunt I

NTW and Vista

Postby Zygmunt I » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:40 am

Has anyone been able to have any luck with the battles being all screwy, ie units moving backward instead of foward, improper reading and disappearing units? If you have any suggestions for me, please do get back.

Lord von Döbeln
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord von Döbeln » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:42 am

Hmm to me that sounds like a botched install. I have Vista on my laptop and can play MTW-VI/NTW1 just fine, so at least for me Vista causes no problem (even though thee are some other issues I'd like to talk to mr Gates about).

LvD
"Let no bastard pass the bridge!"

- General Johan August Sandels in The Tales of Ensign Stål by Johan Ludvig Runeberg

Zygmunt I

Postby Zygmunt I » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:10 pm

I'm pretty sure I installed it allright. Might be my video card, 8600 GT. I even installed 1809, looks great, beautiful but still, battles bad jama :(

EDIT: New beta driver out as we speak. You know what I'll be doing today :D

Lord von Döbeln
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord von Döbeln » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Any and all modern video cards should be able to handle the MTW/NTW1 graphic without problems I think.

BTW what campaign are you playing? You do know the Napoleonic campaigns aren't visible but you have to scroll down in the campaigns list to see them right? It sounds a bit like you could be playing a MTW/VI campaign instead of the Nap campaigns.

LvD

- General Johan August Sandels in The Tales of Ensign Stål by Johan Ludvig Runeberg

Zygmunt I

Postby Zygmunt I » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:15 pm

No, I always delete all MTW VI campaigns in the startpos folder.

Still don't know what might be causing it :x

Lord von Döbeln
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord von Döbeln » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:29 pm

Very strange. I'm out of ideas... :( Anyone else?

LvD

Zygmunt I

Postby Zygmunt I » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:09 pm

I wonder if this makes a difference. Do you have your icons set for classic, medium, or large? I just cut mine from medium to classic.

Zygmunt I

Postby Zygmunt I » Wed May 07, 2008 9:33 pm

I'm dying here :( 8600 GT. That would be the de facto.

Any 3D setting changes seem to do the trick?

Lord Legless Lannes
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Legless Lannes » Wed May 14, 2008 5:57 pm

Ah Zygmunt I I have the same problem ,I have a 8800 gts and it seems all 8 series cards are not compatible with MTW. I tried Shogun but that only works in 'Software Mode' but it has horrible black borders and is a bit jerky in this mode. Trying 'Software Mode' is my only solution if MTW has it, Bar that your waiting on a fix from Nvidia im afraid.

:cry:
"One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this."

Don Quixote

http://www.napoleonics.eu

napman
Esquire
Esquire

Postby napman » Wed May 14, 2008 8:06 pm

I don't have the problem but I hear it maybe the latest drivers causing the glitch. I've been told that loading older drivers will fix it. I wish I could experiment with it but I still have an AGP card which runs fine, it's the PCIE new drivers that are screwing up.
Co Commander in Chief of the Kings Own

Zygmunt I

Postby Zygmunt I » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:12 am

I have a question for anyone who can answer - I still have my 8600 GT card, but I've just recently optained a flat screen monitor, capable of much more resolutions.

Lord von D?beln, since your laptop is flatscreen, could you tell me what resolution you have your laptop set to? And/or also what you have it set to in game (MTW VI)?

Lord von Döbeln
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord von Döbeln » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:24 pm

I play on Laptop 1260x800 (or whatever it is) and in game I have the highest resolution (whichever that is). I get a few crashes but it works decently enough. I'm afraid I don't know how to fix you problem...
:cry:

LvD

Zygmunt I

Postby Zygmunt I » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:19 pm

I think mine is set to 1280 x 768. I have support for 720 and 800.

I'll try when I get home to max out the settings (1280 x 1024) of MTW. Really, when push comes to shove, I do appreciate a hard worked at game. (MII any sooner would require a CD for the second patch :x )

Return to “Napoleonic Total War 1”