1809NTW Vers 5 .......Unveiled

All about the Lordz' first mod: NTW1.
Falkonfive

1809NTW Vers 5 .......Unveiled

Postby Falkonfive » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:26 pm

Interesting and good news to see that NTW1 wins an award for popular mod. The timing couldn't be better. As many of you will know us old historical buffs have been beavering away at producing a variation aimed at attracting Napoleonic wargamers who exist in large numbers but haven't had the fortune to meet NTW1. We have now completed the graphics overhaul and a sample is shown below.

Combined with the adjusted stats, new troop types and a few other modifications V5 is playing very well so far in beta tests. As you can see we have added a few more models including some shown in the shot, e.g Italian Guard and Leger, Landwehr, Bavarians, Landwehr Cavalry, KGL Dragoons and so on. All the others have been overhauled to give them accurate uniforms and in many cases a new style look. We have stuck to the main 5 nationalities for historical games, i.e Brits, French, Russians, Prussians and Austrians. Depending on demand we intend to release a series of patches to further upgrade the game and may include other factions.

Although primarily designed for bigger MP games, which combined with Napman's maps and our Orders of Battle does tend to give a very authentic and different look to things, 1809 V5 can be played in normal SP mode with no trouble. Players will find that tactics and manoueuvre are now perhaps more of a winner than how many Lancers of the Guard you have.

We expect V5 to be ready in a few days and will be available as a download from our website at:

http://s15.invisionfree.com/ntw1revival

You will find there a more detailed account of the content and changes to 1809NTW Vers 5. Any input from players will be more than welcome as we intend to continue developing 1809NTW1 into the most accurate and hopefully enjoyable Napoleonic wargames simulation yet available on PC.

After a long period of experimentation, head scratching, researching and late night coffee drinking and keyboard pounding and with the finished product now in sight our thanks go out to the Lordz and people like L von Dobeln whose groundwork made 1809 V5 possible.

Falkonfive

Lord von Döbeln
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord von Döbeln » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:48 pm

Good work! It looks very nice indeed. :D

"Players will find that tactics and manoueuvre are now perhaps more of a winner than how many Lancers of the Guard you have" - I daresay this can be said about NTW1 v7 too (though not about v6). :wink:

LvD
"Let no bastard pass the bridge!"

- General Johan August Sandels in The Tales of Ensign Stål by Johan Ludvig Runeberg

Rectunator

Postby Rectunator » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:49 pm

...there's already V7 out there. Why did you remake the game?
SVK Brigadier Rectunator
Former Commander-in-Chief of LGA, Field-Marshal Rectunator

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Svenska_Arme ... hp?act=idx

Falkonfive

Postby Falkonfive » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:44 pm

[quote]...there's already V7 out there. Why did you remake the game?[quote]

Hmmmm!! Good question Rec. Why did we build the Eurofighter?? We already had a perfectly good Spitfire.

:D

Rectunator

Postby Rectunator » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Because the stupid yanks had the bloody F-22 and were boasting a bit too much, we wanted something cool too. By the way, I like the Spitfire more than the Eurofighter Typhoon.
Last edited by Rectunator on Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SVK Brigadier Rectunator
Former Commander-in-Chief of LGA, Field-Marshal Rectunator

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Svenska_Arme ... hp?act=idx

Falkonfive

Postby Falkonfive » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:16 pm

:D So do I.

Zygmunt I

Postby Zygmunt I » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:07 am

Got any camp. map screenshots?

Return to “Napoleonic Total War 1”