NTW2 Router & Firewall configuration

Support and FAQ's for NTW 2
Lord Adherbal
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

NTW2 Router & Firewall configuration

Postby Lord Adherbal » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:05 pm

Attempting to play NTW2 MP with a badly configured router or firewall will almost certainly create Out of Syncronization (OOS) problems. These are very annoying so make sure you read this post!

For all those people who have a firewall: either switch it off when gaming or open the following ports. If you have a Router, you have to redirect incoming traffic from these ports to the same port on your PC's local IP address.

GS:

* 6667 (IRC)
* 3783 (Voice Chat Port)
* 27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
* 28900 (Master Server List Request)
* 29900 (GP Connection Manager)
* 29901 (GP Search Manager)
* 13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
* 6515 (Dplay UDP)
* 6500 (Query Port)

RTW:

26220 (TCP&UDP)
13139 (UDP)

To be safe I would enable TCP and UDP for Gamespy.

If you can play RTW in MP without problems you will also be able to play NTW2.

General Skywalker
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby General Skywalker » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:16 pm

I'm sorry, sir, but I'm not very familiar with computer and internet stuff, so it would be very kind of you , if you could explain to me, how to avoid that the router makes trouble, okay? I mean an explination that every idiot (like me) would understand. :oops:
Thank you, sir!

M.ilionario
Villein
Villein

Postby M.ilionario » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:13 pm

I'm sorry, sir, but I'm not very familiar with computer and internet stuff, so it would be very kind of you , if you could explain to me, how to avoid that the router makes trouble, okay? I mean an explination that every idiot (like me) would understand.

I need one as well, please.....
Atheist

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war";
"To have good soldiers, a nation must always be at war"

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Zimoa of Flanders » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:36 pm

How you should open the ports, depends on what router you have, contact your router supplier/manufacturer, most have excellent online support desks, pass the port list to them. There are so many manuals as there are router brands and types, impossible for us to help you more than pointing out the ones you need to open.

If you cannot get it to work with your helpdesk go online without is the best advise we can give you.

LZoF

M.ilionario
Villein
Villein

Postby M.ilionario » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:01 pm

Lord Zimoa of Flanders wrote:How you should open the ports, depends on what router you have, contact your router supplier/manufacturer, most have excellent online support desks, pass the port list to them. There are so many manuals as there are router brands and types, impossible for us to help you more than pointing out the ones you need to open.

If you cannot get it to work with your helpdesk go online without is the best advise we can give you.

LZoF

Could you please answer my PMs?
Atheist

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war";

"To have good soldiers, a nation must always be at war"

Davout GR
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Davout GR » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:52 am

Hello, I've played with some devs tonight a 2on2 as "Davout". After the new patch there seems to be an issue with hosting a game (?). As many times as my friend or I tried to host a game we dropped (GS connection). It didn't happen before.
Playing NTW3 as [HELLAS]Davout.

Lord Adherbal
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Adherbal » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:54 am

hm, might just've been a temporary GS problem

ghost665
Villein
Villein

Postby ghost665 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:48 pm

do you need to configure the ports for GS? or can you just use the ones for RTW?

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:59 am

Hi there, welcome to the forums. Please pick an avatar from the gallery section of your profile.

If you have not played on GS before, you may want to do both. Even if you have, going through all the ports and opening them may not be such a bad idea.

Devoirs The Empress
"Act well your part, there all the honour lies." -Pope

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

Bjonatan
Villein
Villein

Postby Bjonatan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:01 pm

Lord Braindead Colonel wrote:These links might help you with setting up your router

http://portforward.com/help/pfprogression.htm

well this link helped me very much setting up my router.
i recommend using this guide for anyone who is not THAT familiar with his router. :wink:

Return to “The NTW 2 Consultation Room”