NTW II and other Mods

Support and FAQ's for NTW 2
Old grey Bill
Villein
Villein

NTW II and other Mods

Postby Old grey Bill » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:34 pm

hi all
prolly a very daft question for the more educated under us,but can i run NTW II when having installed RTR mod???
or to put it differently,atm,im playing NTWII,but im craving to play RTRealism also,but if im Not mistaken,i cant have both can i??

i have to uninstall everything,install a clean RTW up to patch 1.2 and put the RTR mod in,right??
Btw if i uninstall RTW,will the NTWII mod be deleted also?
please tell me in babysteps what to do

cheers all !

Horton III
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Horton III » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:12 pm

If RTR uses a mod folder like NTW2? Yes. If it breaks the game like Roma Surrectum? No. Ask on the mod site at twcenter or tw.org and see if it is or not before you install it. I played RTR:AEA though and it had a mod folder, so you should be good!
Colonel Horton

Old grey Bill
Villein
Villein

Postby Old grey Bill » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 pm

thanks a lot for trying helping me out here,but i havent the faintest idea what yre talking about.<Mainly due to my almost No knowledge of Modding and so on .
what part of my question were you answering?

sorry for any misconvienence!

cheerS

Horton III
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Horton III » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:06 pm

OK, not a problem mate, we've all been there.

NTW2 has a mod folder. When you go to the RTW folder, you'll see DATA, PREFERENCES, etc... there will also be a Napoleonic folder. This folder contains all the files needed to run the mod; it has it's own DATA, etc, folders, and the NTW2 shortcut references this folder.

If RTR installs in a mod folder like this, containing it's own data and so on, then it will not hamper or break the NTW2 or RTW installation.

There are mods that do:

Roma Surrectum for instance installs the mod directly over the Data folder of RTW. So in essence, you can no longer play vanilla, because the game itself has been modded.

It is confusing, I know... Sorry if this didn't help. I'll update if you have any other questions.
Colonel Horton

Old grey Bill
Villein
Villein

Postby Old grey Bill » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:32 pm

Aye,im getting clear visions here now,thanks a lot Lord Horton.
Q1:So with this Mod you mentioned,i can Still play NTWII ??? :D
is it any good?

Q2:If i may,i wanna go a little further about a thing i even hadnt figured out yet,if i decided to,and was forced to ,uninstall all of the Rtws and Ntws ,and thats:what do i do with my BI and Alexander ??

Alexander i Dled with ""steam"" ??,Bi i got in the box,all info on that Alexander download ive lost,so can i save it somehwere,if so How ??

sorry for all the questions
CheerS

Horton III
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Horton III » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:44 pm

I don't know what exactly you mean...

No need to uninstall RTW/BI/ALX, but if you want to, you can, just backup saved games and for ALX back up the installation. Idk if you can re-dl steam's games. I know with UBI I can download IL2 as many times I need to.
Colonel Horton

Herr Lindstrom
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Herr Lindstrom » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:03 am

there's a RTR version that has the "mod switch" option... where it installs itself in a different directory... just look for RTR platinum on google. FInd the RTR site to download it from and look for the one that has the 2 words beside it "Mod Switch" and that should help... but... i suggest you still back up your entire install of RTW and all that just in case ;)
Why this a-cursed 100 character limit again?

Return to “The NTW 2 Consultation Room”