Laptop help?

Support and FAQ's for NTW 2
Lord Crow
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Laptop help?

Postby Lord Crow » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:56 pm

Game really struggles on my laptop whereas when I had it last installed a few years ago it ran fine. Any tips?

Moopere
Baronet
Baronet

Re: Laptop help?

Postby Moopere » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:14 am

Crow wrote:Game really struggles on my laptop whereas when I had it last installed a few years ago it ran fine. Any tips?

I assume you are using the same laptop as per your good experience a few years ago? What video chip does your lappy use?

Probably your game settings were lower then than now. Try reducing the settings for the soldiers, also remove grass altogether and possibly reduce vegetation settings. AA can have some effect depending on your video card, my recent Nvidia card doesn't care whether I have AA set to highest or lowest the framerate appears to be the same, however with older cards I've used in the past it seems to make a difference.

Regards,
Moopere

Lord Crow
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Crow » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:09 pm

I have given up on my old laptop even though I used to play mp quite happily but I have just been lucky in that the Mrs bought me a new laptop, it isn't top of the range but it is supposed to be a games laptop so I will try again, lol.

Return to “The NTW 2 Consultation Room”