Unable to join MP games

Support and FAQ's for NTW 2
Lord Admiral
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Unable to join MP games

Postby Lord Admiral » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:08 am

Cheers) I've been playin' NTW untill austrian pack without any problems at all . It is important because i still have the same speed of internet and my comp became twice more powerful since. Howewer now I fail to join MP battles. Other players can not join my battles as well. I have 1.0 version and map pack installed and everything runs perfectly in singleplayer. I also have Gamespy installed and i see no reasons why it wont let me in games. Maybe you know the answer...
Death is the natural way of teling you to slow down.

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:36 pm

Hi there,

This is an odd problem, but not unseen. This may have something to do with either Gamespy that day or with your internet settings. There are a few people who just cannot get their MP games working. Make sure that you do not have any programs blocking the game from connecting to the games, like virus scanners, firewalls or spam blockers etc. Check out the Windows version of these pests as well.

Check out the last FAQ on this thread too, maybe that might help:
http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6536

Devoirs The Empress
"Act well your part, there all the honour lies." -Pope

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

Ziethen
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Ziethen » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:29 pm

If you have hamachi installed you get the same problem.

To fix it go to the windows system configuration and deactivate the hamachi network. Or uninstall hamachi.

Hamachi is fine for having multiplayer battles without Gamespy, if you find someone who plays with you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamachi

Lord Admiral
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Admiral » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:24 pm

Hi there,

This is an odd problem, but not unseen. This may have something to do with either Gamespy that day or with your internet settings. There are a few people who just cannot get their MP games working. Make sure that you do not have any programs blocking the game from connecting to the games, like virus scanners, firewalls or spam blockers etc. Check out the Windows version of these pests as well.

Thanks for suck quick reply :)

The fact is that i can succesfully play other Gemespy games, such as for instance Cossacks, without such problems.And there is no aither antivirys or frirewall ....Queer(
Death is the natural way of teling you to slow down.

HowardQuing
Serf

Unable to join MP games

Postby HowardQuing » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:04 am

Matrix is offering 30 off on all their games except for the newest releases. Have to type in HappyEaster ? in the coupon code box to get it.

Return to “The NTW 2 Consultation Room”