The french revolutionary marechals uniforms

For Discussions of non-Napoleonic History and Military History - thus pre 1790 and past 1815.
Aillo
Villein
Villein

The french revolutionary marechals uniforms

Postby Aillo » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Somebody have information about the french ordenances where i can to find the description of the uniforms of the frenchs marechals between 1790 and 1793?.... If you have that information or where i will can find it, i will be very gratefull with you.

Lord Davn

Re: The french revolutionary marechals uniforms

Postby Lord Davn » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:55 pm

Lord Fullin provided me with this link to the New York Public Library digital gallery. It has a large collection of uniform plates: http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/dgtitle_tree.cfm?level=1&title_id=269277
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Aillo
Villein
Villein

Postby Aillo » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:39 pm

I thank you very much Dav for your very fast answer to my requeriment. i development a little research about tha uniform, because in my country (Venezuela) we had a military that figth in the french revolutionary army like marechal (his name is Francisco de Miranda). He have participation in the Doumoriez army in the Valmy Battle, and later in other military operations. I nedd to know, when happened the change of style between the uniform patron used for the monarchy marechals and the later uniform used for the republicans marechals.
I take a glance in the very useful link that you send me, but i need more especific information because remain my doubs.

arjaycruz100
Serf

Postby arjaycruz100 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:49 am

Oh i was looking for this one too thanks Lord Davn for providing the link ill check it out.

Last edited by arjaycruz100 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:17 pm

You're welcome, but the credit goes to Lord Fullin. There's a lot of info in their collection for all those custom uniforms that he comes up with :wink:
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Return to “The General Library”