Priests, Bishops, etc.

Support and FAQ's for NTW 1 and ATW.
Jonathold
Villein
Villein

Priests, Bishops, etc.

Postby Jonathold » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:37 am

I just started playing NTW1 for the first time, and I gotta say, it's one of the most enjoyable Total War mods I've played yet.

Anyways, I was just wondering what the point of the priests, bishops, and cardinals were. At first, of course I thought it was just for converting religions, but then I read the description and it said something about public speaking and what-not.

tl;dr: What do priests/bishops/cardinals do?

Zygmunt I

Postby Zygmunt I » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:29 pm

Preach and I guess improve loyalty in a province. I've noticed that too but haven't recruited any of them yet.

Lord von Döbeln
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord von Döbeln » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:05 pm

Priests increase the speed with which a province is converted to christianity, thus increasing loyalty. So they are best used if you invade muslim or orthodox regions. I don't actually know if they have any effect in 100% catholic regions besides keeping herecy and paganism in check.

I just noticed that the description for Bishops is about a "publicist" and not about a bishop at all. I guess this is a relic from earlier days and the publicist agent was abandoned or forgotten for some reason. I have not yet chacked what, if any, influence he has in a region. So for now if you want increased christianity in your regions I suggest you train priests. They work as they should.

LvD
"Let no bastard pass the bridge!"

- General Johan August Sandels in The Tales of Ensign Stål by Johan Ludvig Runeberg

Return to “The NTW 1 / ATW Consultation Room”