Zombies/Ghosts/Vaporised Dead in V7??

Support and FAQ's for NTW 1 and ATW.
Legionaire
Villein
Villein

Zombies/Ghosts/Vaporised Dead in V7??

Postby Legionaire » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:36 pm

Hi,

The game is great, but its a little odd that the only dead bodies that show up in my game are rebels, generals, militia, and Turks (!?)

I've installed the patch in the download section that is supposed to fix the issue, but Im not sure I am doing it correctly.

THe Instructions say to install it into the NTWv7 folder.

I was under the impression that NTW was installed directly into the Medieval Total War folder.

So am I correct in installing the patch into the Medieval Total War folder, which now holds both MTW and NTW1?

BTW, even though a lot of the times the dead don't appear, kudos to whoever made the canister batteries. They are absolutely beautiful.

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:17 am

Where exactly did you place the install? You might have placed it in the correct location or nearly there without knowing it.

NTW1 writes over any files in the install of MTW VI 2.01 that you created for it, unless you did not create a back-up to begin with.

The installer gives you the option of chosing where to install your patch, so just pick the folder where your copy of NTW1 version 7 is installed. If it is in your MTW folder, then select that.

Devoirs The Empress
"Act well your part, there all the honour lies." -Pope

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

Legionaire
Villein
Villein

Postby Legionaire » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:46 pm

I just saw a thread in the other NTW1/ATW section, detailing the error with different units and tech trees in different campaigns.

So I'm just playing FOB now, and all the dead appear as they should be.

Thanks though.

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:03 am

The dead bodies (or lack of them) bother you that much? They do not take away from any important gameplay issues. That is, you still get credit for killing them once the battle is over with.

Devoirs The Empress
"Act well your part, there all the honour lies." -Pope

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

Lord von Döbeln
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord von Döbeln » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:10 pm

There is a problem with the dead bodies file since the game uses the same file for ALL campaigns, even though the different campaigns can have exclusive units in them. If the game finds a unit in the dead bodies file which is not in the current campaign it just stops reading the dead bodies file, so all the remaining units won't get dead bodies in the game. The patch fixing dead bodies was for FoB as I guess you saw, so in Fob all units now (should) have dead bodies. Sadly a lot of units in the SP campaigns are still missing dead bodies because of the "feature" I described above. What needs to be done in order to get as many dead bodies as possible in as many campaigns as possible is to go through the Textures/Men/deadpage coords.txt-file and make sure that all units that are common to all campaigns come before any other units in the file. Or if you want all units to get dead bodies you need to add all units in the game to all campaign unit files (making sure the new ones are not trainable of course). I just haven't had the energy to do it, so if anyone feels inspired... :wink:

LvD
"Let no bastard pass the bridge!"

- General Johan August Sandels in The Tales of Ensign Stål by Johan Ludvig Runeberg

Legionaire
Villein
Villein

Postby Legionaire » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:12 am

Well, who knew that French Cuirassiers actually carried lightsabers?

Vaporized dead it is then, lol

Lord von Döbeln
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord von Döbeln » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:40 pm

Yup the French Vader cuirassiers. :wink:

LvD
"Let no bastard pass the bridge!"

- General Johan August Sandels in The Tales of Ensign Stål by Johan Ludvig Runeberg

nix
Villein
Villein

Postby nix » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:17 am

:D I have fixed the deadbodies problem in NTW1v7 see the thread dead bodies in the NTW1 forum :lol:

Return to “The NTW 1 / ATW Consultation Room”