install NTW1 or NTW2

Support and FAQ's for NTW 1 and ATW.
byroaad
Serf

install NTW1 or NTW2

Postby byroaad » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:17 pm

Hello, I'm trying to contact anyone who could help me with the troubles I'm having with the installation of these two games:

With the NTW1, I've done all the process that's been described in the right page for the gold Edition installation. I've installed the patch v.2.1, after the first try, and the result is always the same. When I select One Player/New Campaing/Campaing III, it happens nothing, or worse, it returns to the Desktop screen.

With the Ntw2, I can run the game, but the campaing menu is deactivated, and I only can play the Battle of Borodino.

Thank you very much for your help

Lord von Döbeln
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord von Döbeln » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:29 pm

In NTW2 there is no campaign. It is meant for online play only except for the Battle of Borodino.

IIRC you shouldn't have to install the 2.1 patch if you have the Gold edition since this is included in Gold. If this is not the problem I can only advice you to reinstall everything from the start, being very careful to follow the installation procedure.

LvD
"Let no bastard pass the bridge!"

- General Johan August Sandels in The Tales of Ensign Stål by Johan Ludvig Runeberg

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Hi there and welcome to the forumns. I'm sorry that you're aving difficulties getting NTW! up and running. Please look over the install instructions in this forum: http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=96 and try the install process again. It's odd that just one campaign is crashing, but maybe a reinstall will fix whatever is out of place.

Devoirs The Empress
"Act well your part, there all the honour lies." -Pope

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

byroaad
Serf

Postby byroaad » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:35 am

Hello again. Thank you for answering to everybody, and sorry for my late answer but the only time I have to see the web is on weekend. I want to say that following Lady Meg advice, I reinstalled MTW again, then I open a new folder and named it as NTW1, and then copy all the files in it. After that, I pointed this folder as the destination folder for the NTW1 files, and run the executable, but the result is the same I explaned the last time. I cannot run the campaing mode, and when I enter and the select the campaing I want to play (1,2,3...), then ask me to select the faction, and it doesn't appear the names of the faction, and you only can read the programming codes instead, thought it's the right screen, but when I select one of the factions, it returns to the desktop screen. I can play the Battle Campaing (I think this is the right name of the option), but here you can only play 3 battles in each campaing. Do you have any idea of what's happening?

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:49 pm

Are you sure that you are using the Medieval_TW.EXE to play NTW1? I have to open up my folder and then press the exe file to play NTW1.

Also double check in your NTW1 folder that you have some adobe files called NTW Tech Tree Guide.pdf, NTW1 v7 Campaign III and IV Tech Tree.pdf, and NTW1 v7 Campaign III and IV Required Buildings.pdf just to make sure that you have actually installed the files into your NTW1 folder.

Devoirs The Empress
"Act well your part, there all the honour lies." -Pope

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

Return to “The NTW 1 / ATW Consultation Room”