NTW3 7.2 - Release Notes & Download Links

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Re: NTW3 7.2 - Release Notes & Download Links

Postby Wym... » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Lord Gunner24 wrote:.......what happened to the REGT MOD version ?.........not heard anything about that for a long time ?.

Its still playable m8 though I do not know anyone who plays it?

as to v7 classic being to fast for you?? in general its just as fast as you remember though the scenarios with pre built OOB's would suit u better let alone the HB's.......though if u play with like minded players or even new players you will find it a very enjoyable diversion to RL esp now the instant square has been addressed? and the Artillery issues are to be addressed.......my only issue with v7 is the exhausted troops move to fast?
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

Moopere
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Moopere » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:11 am

Lord Gunner24 wrote:Hello Moopere, good to see you still around - and looking "under the bonnet" of ntw3.............................if I do ever get a new DT PC I will be sure to take a look at ntw3 again

G'day Gunner24 mate, its been a long time eh? I try and get a few games in for every release, but this one v7.2 has really stood out for me, even compared to 7.1. Hit the artillery problem and just had to rummage around to find my old copy of Pack File Manager (PFM) to see if I could tweak them back into life :)

I'm still running my old PC - stumped up at the time for a top-of-the-line i5 and though aging now, its held its own pretty well for many years. Old Nvidia card is even older again though, so it struggles, but with the right tweaking it performs well enough, just can't have all the settings on Ultra

Lord Gunner24 wrote:but I assume it will be a bit quick for me now days.......

I know what you mean. The game itself isn't too quick, its nicely balanced now imho and the way the team have managed unit exhaustion has slowed down the pace of the whole game in a much more enjoyable way, without taking away the ability to do things and react to emergencies at the local level.

Having said that, I've been orbiting this community for what? 15 years? No longer as young as I was hehe, big battles with 3 or 4 fronts to manage are not easy and I wouldn't be even close to competitive in MP. In fact, if I can squeeze out some spare time and enjoy some MP games it will be as part of the New Players League (NPL).

Oh, got to say, the work Lepic has done with the modern LoV is fantastic! Really seriously good stuff and I'm sure has injected considerable energy back into the community. The automated nature of it, and the inclusion of battle replay files is a much enjoyed resource.

So big props to the whole Lordz team, they are doing a really top notch job, much respect.
===========================
[NWG] - Napoleonic War Gamers
===========================

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:03 pm

Thanks for all the info guys, it does sound tempting, but all I have now is a cheap laptop that is not fit for games of any kind. The strange thing is PCs now seem to have stopped getting cheaper and cheaper, and a decent one is a lot of cash to spend for ntw3 and / or HW when I don't need it for anything else.

Maybe I will win the lottery tonight.

I suspect it will be me that is now too slow, perhaps not ntw3 too fast.

Anyone : why is it the RM is not used ?.......from what I remember being discussed here a while back it SOUNDED really very very good.......but not being used ?????.

All the best, great to see things moving onwards and upwards even if I only keep track of things from the "bench".
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.
http://napbc.freeforums.org/

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:45 am

Lord Gunner24 wrote:Anyone : why is it the RM is not used ?.......from what I remember being discussed here a while back it SOUNDED really very very good.......but not being used ?????.

In my humble opinion, not as a member of the modding team, I find the concept very good, the graphical work is great, but the gameplay is not attractive at all. For instance cavalry's charge is at 0 or 1, all infantry have nearly the same skills in musketry, and there are strangely sized units, some batallions with 400 men, others (in the same roster) with 50. And we are not speaking of weird exotic Mameluke army here, but French or Prussian. Lepic is now seriously considering some serious reshape of HBs, then maybe later RegMod will be dealt with.

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:48 pm

Thanks, I will watch with interest.
Sounds like the basic RM idea is sound, but perhaps some "tweaking" might be needed.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.
http://napbc.freeforums.org/

Marshall Davout
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Marshall Davout » Sun May 07, 2017 1:09 am

Lord Cosak wrote:@Moopere: thank you for your nice feedback. The horse artillery bug in version 7.2 has been fixed already in the next version, and your suggestion is one of two issues (the other one is that 7 men per gun was not enough for horse art).

I will now give a look at your FX file.

Thanks for this. I just played a MP game where I took a lot of horse artillery, and my opponent kindly pointed out that it was a known bug. Confused me for a good while.

Look forward to 7.3. I do hope it is imminent.

Subcomandante
Serf

Postby Subcomandante » Mon May 22, 2017 6:36 pm

I am having the same problem as some other people - 'cannot find.... .exe'. I read this all first and tried to avoid it, but can't seem to fix it. I currently have a folder which I have called 'N3' (with all of the NTW3 files in it) in Steamapps / common / Napoleon Total War. I have also tried placing this in the data folder, but neither seems to work. Any advice please? Would love to give this a go!

Subcomandante
Serf

Postby Subcomandante » Mon May 22, 2017 9:00 pm

Subcomandante wrote:I am having the same problem as some other people - 'cannot find.... .exe'. I read this all first and tried to avoid it, but can't seem to fix it. I currently have a folder which I have called 'N3' (with all of the NTW3 files in it) in Steamapps / common / Napoleon Total War. I have also tried placing this in the data folder, but neither seems to work. Any advice please? Would love to give this a go!

I have made it work now - tried again from the start and seemed to be OK... HOWEVER, I can't work out how to do anything properly. I clicked 'Classic Battle' on the launcher, then once the game had loaded, tried to play a custom SP land battle. I couldn't change my faction or the AI's, and no units had names. I've looked for the last couple of hours online for answers or a tutorial for beginners, but cannot find anything. Am I missing something obvious?

leandro lanthier
Serf

Postby leandro lanthier » Tue May 23, 2017 5:01 am

men It turned out that the game stopped working???? the error???? When I want to start the game. :I "napoleon total war has stopped working" error. Help me pls

sbeowulf
Villein
Villein

Postby sbeowulf » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:48 pm

I used all of the mirrors and didn't get a .exe file HELP

I got the following message: the file is either damaged or broken

betito123
Villein
Villein

Postby betito123 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:26 pm

Hello! i installed NTW 3 Yesterday but im having a issue, when clicking in classic battles on the launcher the game starts perfectly but i cant seem to choose a faction to play with in "play battle" mode, i mean i can change my faction but the ai faction cant change, the only way i could change the ai faction is to change position and add a new computer then kick the old one. HELP

Lord Liberalis
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Liberalis » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:06 am

What os are you using ?
Do you have any other mods installed ?
To save Russia, we have to burn Moscow.

http://www.Grognards.org
http://www.Napoleon-Souvenirs.com

Buchler
Villein
Villein

Postby Buchler » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:51 pm

Is the SP campaing working for anyone? I keep getting crashes all the time when mid-battle as one poster mentioned already. It made me re-instal the mod, however i didn't find the same level battles anywhere alse, so i'm hoping to return to this mod.

However, if the campaing crashes all the time it's impossible to play.

Thanks!

explosiverex
Serf

Postby explosiverex » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:48 pm

hi,having a bit of a nightmare i'm blonde so please bare with me,followed all instructions,had vanilla copy of NTW,only difference is that i downloaded to my d drive where NTW is on my p.c,all i got was this

windows cannot find ../../../napoleon.exe. make sure you've typed the name correctly,then try again

i completely uninstalled the mod lost the sound in battles but not on start up,SO uninstalled NTW reinstalled NTW still no sound within game,bit of a pain really not the same without sound,if anyone could give me a point in the right direction that would be great,many thanks and have a great morning/afternoon/evening.

explosiverex

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:44 pm

You have probably installed the mod in the wrong directory, and the launcher can't find NTW exe.

O-NO
Villein
Villein

Postby O-NO » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi,
I've just installed this mod and experienced the following;

(1) Ctd's during battles (I've just turned down unit size to large from Ultra and completed two battles without any ctd).
(2) Disappearing AI units on the map then just popping up.
(3) Played mostly on the Belgium 7 map and although settings are set for dry weather it's sometimes raining.

Other than that I think its a really enjoyable mod and just what I was looking for......longer battles (I dont't play the campaign).

PC Spec;
i7-4790k @4.00hz
Win7 64-bit
Titan X
16GB Ram

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:00 am

1.) The NTW3 MP battle mod was optimozed for medium size units with human opponents.
2.) Probably due to your own units Line Of Sight (LOS)
3.) The AI generator uses random settings for battlefield conditions that are hard coded to include rain. You can pick & choose your battles but not the weather.
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

O-NO
Villein
Villein

Postby O-NO » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:10 am

Lord Davn wrote:1.) The NTW3 MP battle mod was optimozed for medium size units with human opponents.
2.) Probably due to your own units Line Of Sight (LOS)
3.) The AI generator uses random settings for battlefield conditions that are hard coded to include rain. You can pick & choose your battles but not the weather.

Thanks for the reply.

I thought in the battle settings the weather was chosen in the drop down bar.

Just had two more battles and no ctd......really is looking good.

Spoke too soon.....just crashed 8 mins into a single battle v CPU.

O-NO
Villein
Villein

Postby O-NO » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:39 am

Just tried unit size on medium and 10 mins into classic battle v CPU CTD.

O-NO
Villein
Villein

Postby O-NO » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:03 am

I've been able to complete several battles without CTD with everything on Ultra.

The only things I've changed was to update my sound drivers and disable 'picture in picture'.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:41 am

Interesting feedback about the "video in game" (picture in picture) setting. We'll test this.

O-NO
Villein
Villein

Postby O-NO » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:31 pm

I spoke too soom :sad:

After several battles without any CTD they have now returned.

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Wow Moopere, good to see you sir after 6 years ? ^^

Moopere -Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:31 am- wrote:Hello Mates,

I've come back from the dead for a short time due to the lure of v7.2 of the Mod. What a great piece of work, congratulations gentlemen, this is, I feel, the best version ever and plays out beautifully.

Thought I'd try to add some value whilst I'm here:

I've had enough solo games now to notice what appears to be a bug with some horse artillery. As old timers would know, I tend to play Russian, but this problem occurs with other nations too. Heres how it plays out:

** Select Russian Guard Horse Arty, the problem does not manifest with line horse arty. Very often during unlimber or limber operations the unit gets stuck during its animation phase. The horse team does a little circle dance, where it goes around and around in a tight circle, eventually giving up and this causes the whole battery to become unplayable, it 'zombies'.

Initially I thought this was due to gun spacing as the guns are very close together with the guard artillery, not so with the line artillery. But its not that. Its the carriage battle entity being used. As presented in v7.2 the Russian guard horse arty is using art_horse_v3, if one changes this to art_horse_v2 as per the line, the problem immediately goes away. I'm not a modder, just a script kiddy, so I don't understand at any level what the entity is or does, but I notice that the line foot arty has options all the way up to v5, so its obviously important and probably relates to the animation sequence I imagine.

Anyway, if one changes the db.pack, under classic72, for all those units using art_horse_v3 to v2 then the problem goes away for those affected units.

** Whilst I'm here, and I hesitate to even mention this as I am not an authority on such things, but I had the idea all Russian artillery of this period were painted green (with black barrels, aside from Licornes which were polished brass). In the same db.pack, the guard batteries are using: limber: Limber_model, whereas the rest of the Russian army uses limber_model_russia. Changing the guard to use limber_model_russia changes all the artillery to russian green, as I believe they are supposed to be - however I don't have my references in front of me and perhaps the guard wasn't like this, I defer to your own knowledge.

** Lastly, for those who either don't like it, or have under powered machines, like mine, and with due props to [N]Clinch from this post: viewtopic.php?f=138&t=12467&p=167920&hilit=pollen#p167920

Here is a link to the NTW3 v7.2 fx1.pack file which will remove pollen, leaves, low clouds, and floating grass from the battlefield. All this floating junk in the air sucks GPU and CPU power and removing it makes my life much much better when I'm moving around the battlefield covered with smoke. [N]Clinch says it doesn't affect game checks and shouldn't prevent you joining multiplayer games due to 'different version' - I haven't tested that, but if memory serves, this was the case as far back as ETW, so you should be fine to just drop it in and enjoy the extra FPS.

https://drop.me/oWdm3a
NTW3 Ver. 5-(5.1)-6 (Jan 2015 – Nov 2016)
NTW2 & NTW3 Ver. 1-2-3 (Sep 2009 – June 2013)

nvthegodking11
Serf

Postby nvthegodking11 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:37 pm

can you use ultra funds in this version?

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:22 pm

You can set up 14k per player, but the mod is balanced for medium funds.

Guard units everywhere is not really accurate.

Return to “NTW3 Release Archives”