NTW3 7.2 - Release Notes & Download Links

Cameron592
Serf

Re: NTW3 7.2 - Release Notes & Download Links

Postby Cameron592 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:16 pm

Please Help... I have all the mod but however when I load into a campaign i can only have One troop (as in the amount of men in the regiment is One). If there are any ideas please tell me.Thank You :hm:

I have also added NTW3 7.2 to my steam games library and guess what on loading "windows cannot find napoleon tw.exe

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:28 am

Cameron592 wrote:Please Help...

Make sure that no other NTW mods are also loading files. If you have (or had) Darthmod installed you will have to restore the original NTW vanilla files. Darthmod overwrites some of the vanilla files when it installs.
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Lord Lepic
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Lepic » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:53 pm

How to Install Napoleonic Total War III - [NTW3] 7.2v for Napoleon Total War
Napoléonien Stratagème
Discord: https://discord.gg/7zB33xt
Follow the Eagle!

zimmer1lb
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby zimmer1lb » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:35 pm

My Dear Lord Davn...........Good news, I have text in 7.2 !!!!

BUT, the artillery wasn't firing and the artillerists just kept trying to light the fuses (eventually towards the end I heard some arty go off)..........and lastly I have no recruitment abilities.......BUT I can recruit ships now, well at least merchants, haven't tried warships as yet. woot

zimm out

Underain
Villein
Villein

Postby Underain » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Hello The Lordz.

The Mod is great i played it for hours but its crashes a lot on the Campaign
but im still happy with everything you guys did keep it up Huzzuh!

roginauld
Villein
Villein

Postby roginauld » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:28 am

I'm finding the campaign crashes mid battle every battle. I've had to autoresolve to make any progress but I'm losing the campaign as a result. I've followed the download instructions to the best of my ability but I'm finding this latest version crashes much more frequently than the older ones. It's making it unplayable. I'm playing Austria but I'll try another nation just to see if it's an Austria faction bug. :sad:

sarge11
Villein
Villein

Postby sarge11 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:08 pm

I have found in my short time playing that when i start getting crashes, I need to verify the integrity of the game files in steam . good luck

roginauld
Villein
Villein

Postby roginauld » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:33 am

Thanks yes I did that but should you do it before you install the mod? If you do it after the mod is installed will it overwrite the modified files and stop the mod from working? I started a British campaign and the naval battles are ok and i even managed to finish a land battle yesterday. Hope it keeps up.

sarge11
Villein
Villein

Postby sarge11 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Not that I have seen, from what i understand it verifies the original game files {Napoleon Total War) it doesnt do anything to the MOD files??

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:43 am

roginauld wrote:Thanks yes I did that but should you do it before you install the mod? If you verify the integrity of the NTW files after the mod is installed will it overwrite the modified files and stop the mod from working?

Most of the NTW mods do require a clean and updated version of the NTW vanilla game to run properly. It's advisable to do the file integrity check before installing any mod, but you can do it at any time as the NTW3 mod files are totally separate from the original NTW game files.
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Skowtura
Serf

Postby Skowtura » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:51 am

Hi I lose all advice text in the battles and the campaign - I briefly had it under 7.0 but installing 7.2 killed it. I reinstalled 3 times and got the text back but everytime I install 7.0 or 7.2 I lose the text again ! Now reverted to 6.0 which works ok any ideas?

Skowtura
Serf

Postby Skowtura » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:56 pm

Re: Missing text - sorted the problem - I was not using the launcher correctly HB kills text in classic battles. Ive found that NTW III 7.2 does however kill the Peninsular campaign and even after restoring to vanilla requires 3 files to be loaded back in by steam to get working. Should I uninstall the Peninsular Campaign before running NTW III?

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:58 pm

No need to uninstall it.

roginauld
Villein
Villein

Postby roginauld » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:58 am

Just to get back to you all. I verified NTW again after installing the mod and hey presto no more crashes so far. I'm enjoying my campaign again. Thanks for your help. :lol:

Cael#11148
Serf

Postby Cael#11148 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:12 am

Hey, I'm having an odd issue.
The only way to get my game to launch with the mod installed is via steam, which is not desirable.
I've installed the correct folder and attempted a fresh re-install of both 7.2 and the game 2 times each to no avail.
After selecting an option from the menu I immediately receive a "Napoleon: Total War has stopped working" message.
This wasn't an issue with previous versions.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Edit: Seems to be the same issue Erik_Segersäll but I wasn't able to glean a fix from the above posts.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:54 am

Do you have other mods installed ?

Cael#11148
Serf

Postby Cael#11148 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:09 am

No, I do not have any other mods installed.

Goatse_Mare
Villein
Villein

Postby Goatse_Mare » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:52 am

Hey everyone. Having some issues with the mod & was hoping someone could help me out.

I installed the mod into a completely vanilla, recently installed version of standard NTW. No scripts, no other mods, nothing besides NTW3 7.2.

I followed all steps correctly for installation and even watched the 20 min video on this thread. I have the 2nd version of the launcher that is supposed to work for historical battles and everything else as far as i know.

My issue is that I can only play classic land battles. If i Select Naval Battles from the launcher, i can play a battle no problem, but there is no sound in the game. No menu music, no sound in the battle at all.

If i select campaign, i am given a small drop down menu of a few campaigns to play (seems to me like its missing a few but w/e). No matter what I choose (1805 main campaign for example) I am just taken to the main menu screen. It says NTW 3 7.2 at the top, but I only have the option of selecting options from the vanilla game... Nothing about the campaign i selected on the launcher. Choosing anything only results in vanilla.

The same thing happens if i try to launch a historical battle from the launcher. Just taken to the vanilla menu.

I've played a few classic battles and i really like the feel of the mod, so I'd like to get it running properly if possible. Might just go back to TROM 2 if i can't get it figured out...... help would be much appreciated!

Retyn
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Retyn » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:07 am

Goatse_Mare wrote:Hey everyone. Having some issues with the mod & was hoping someone could help me out.

I installed the mod into a completely vanilla, recently installed version of standard NTW. No scripts, no other mods, nothing besides NTW3 7.2.

I followed all steps correctly for installation and even watched the 20 min video on this thread. I have the 2nd version of the launcher that is supposed to work for historical battles and everything else as far as i know.

My issue is that I can only play classic land battles. If i Select Naval Battles from the launcher, i can play a battle no problem, but there is no sound in the game. No menu music, no sound in the battle at all.

If i select campaign, i am given a small drop down menu of a few campaigns to play (seems to me like its missing a few but w/e). No matter what I choose (1805 main campaign for example) I am just taken to the main menu screen. It says NTW 3 7.2 at the top, but I only have the option of selecting options from the vanilla game... Nothing about the campaign i selected on the launcher. Choosing anything only results in vanilla.

The same thing happens if i try to launch a historical battle from the launcher. Just taken to the vanilla menu.

I've played a few classic battles and i really like the feel of the mod, so I'd like to get it running properly if possible. Might just go back to TROM 2 if i can't get it figured out...... help would be much appreciated!

Did you clear both the Documents and Roaming folders from napoleon files? I think there might be an issue with userscript. Clear your APPDATA/ROAMING/CREATIVE ASSEMBLY/NAPOLEON TOTAL WAR and verify through steam.
"Win with ability, not with numbers!" - Alexander Vasilyevich Suvorov

Assault_Armor
Villein
Villein

Postby Assault_Armor » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:45 am

Is this true? It took more than 60 turns to research a technology? I wonder why...

Goatse_Mare
Villein
Villein

Postby Goatse_Mare » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:13 am

Retyn wrote:Did you clear both the Documents and Roaming folders from napoleon files? I think there might be an issue with userscript. Clear your APPDATA/ROAMING/CREATIVE ASSEMBLY/NAPOLEON TOTAL WAR and verify through steam.

Yes, I made sure there were no user scripts active before installing the mod. In fact, i deleted the user script folder entirely. A few times now I have completely removed any trace of Napoleon Total War from my computer (no data folder, no roaming folder, no user script folder, no NTW 3 folders, nothing at all), done a fresh vanilla install, verified the local files on steam, played one vanilla battle, then followed the exact install instructions for the mod and still no luck. Same thing every time.

Moopere
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Moopere » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:31 am

Hello Mates,

I've come back from the dead for a short time due to the lure of v7.2 of the Mod. What a great piece of work, congratulations gentlemen, this is, I feel, the best version ever and plays out beautifully.

Thought I'd try to add some value whilst I'm here:

I've had enough solo games now to notice what appears to be a bug with some horse artillery. As old timers would know, I tend to play Russian, but this problem occurs with other nations too. Heres how it plays out:

** Select Russian Guard Horse Arty, the problem does not manifest with line horse arty. Very often during unlimber or limber operations the unit gets stuck during its animation phase. The horse team does a little circle dance, where it goes around and around in a tight circle, eventually giving up and this causes the whole battery to become unplayable, it 'zombies'.

Initially I thought this was due to gun spacing as the guns are very close together with the guard artillery, not so with the line artillery. But its not that. Its the carriage battle entity being used. As presented in v7.2 the Russian guard horse arty is using art_horse_v3, if one changes this to art_horse_v2 as per the line, the problem immediately goes away. I'm not a modder, just a script kiddy, so I don't understand at any level what the entity is or does, but I notice that the line foot arty has options all the way up to v5, so its obviously important and probably relates to the animation sequence I imagine.

Anyway, if one changes the db.pack, under classic72, for all those units using art_horse_v3 to v2 then the problem goes away for those affected units.

** Whilst I'm here, and I hesitate to even mention this as I am not an authority on such things, but I had the idea all Russian artillery of this period were painted green (with black barrels, aside from Licornes which were polished brass). In the same db.pack, the guard batteries are using: limber: Limber_model, whereas the rest of the Russian army uses limber_model_russia. Changing the guard to use limber_model_russia changes all the artillery to russian green, as I believe they are supposed to be - however I don't have my references in front of me and perhaps the guard wasn't like this, I defer to your own knowledge.

** Lastly, for those who either don't like it, or have under powered machines, like mine, and with due props to [N]Clinch from this post: viewtopic.php?f=138&t=12467&p=167920&hilit=pollen#p167920

Here is a link to the NTW3 v7.2 fx1.pack file which will remove pollen, leaves, low clouds, and floating grass from the battlefield. All this floating junk in the air sucks GPU and CPU power and removing it makes my life much much better when I'm moving around the battlefield covered with smoke. [N]Clinch says it doesn't affect game checks and shouldn't prevent you joining multiplayer games due to 'different version' - I haven't tested that, but if memory serves, this was the case as far back as ETW, so you should be fine to just drop it in and enjoy the extra FPS.

https://drop.me/oWdm3a
===========================
[NWG] - Napoleonic War Gamers
===========================

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:23 am

@Moopere: thank you for your nice feedback. The horse artillery bug in version 7.2 has been fixed already in the next version, and your suggestion is one of two issues (the other one is that 7 men per gun was not enough for horse art).

I will now give a look at your FX file.

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Hello Moopere, good to see you still around - and looking "under the bonnet" of ntw3.............................if I do ever get a new DT PC I will be sure to take a look at ntw3 again, but I assume it will be a bit quick for me now days.......what happened to the REGT MOD version ?.........not heard anything about that for a long time ?.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.
http://napbc.freeforums.org/

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Lord Gunner24 wrote:Hello Moopere, good to see you still around - and looking "under the bonnet" of ntw3.............................if I do ever get a new DT PC I will be sure to take a look at ntw3 again, but I assume it will be a bit quick for me now days.......what happened to the REGT MOD version ?.........not heard anything about that for a long time ?.

The regimental mod is included in NTW3 since version 7.0. Just click on "Regimental mod" in the launcher.

By the way, in classic MP infantry is slower than in HB battles.

Return to “NTW3 Release Archives”