NTW3 7.1 - Release Notes & Download Links

Alpha
Gentleman
Gentleman

Re: NTW3 7.1 - Release Notes & Download Links

Postby Alpha » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:08 am

Salut,

Lorsque l'on host une partie, et avant que la partie soit lancée le tchat avec les autres joueurs disparait après quelques minutes ou bien au moindre alt tab. Pas moyen de le faire revenir. C'est embêtant pour communiquer avec les autres joueurs.

Des idées ?

Alpha.

SirFrancisXC
Villein
Villein

Postby SirFrancisXC » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:21 pm

HI lordz, i would like to submit some issue i noticed about v7.1:
- as you can see from the screenshoot below, CHAT DISAPPEAR after some minutes of inactivity;
- there is no more EXP+ botton (not so important but still...)
- if you save an army of more than 20 units, you will get only the first 20 when loading it back
- some end-line units are not displaced in the infantry deployment (such as scovaud grenadiers)
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... EC5F53728/

His Highness the Emperor
Serf

Postby His Highness the Emperor » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:49 am

Hello, I seem to be having trouble getting NTW to lunch. I have followed the instructions to the letter, so I m confused of as to what is wrong.
When I try to click on the 1805 Campaign (or any other button) it comes up with tis response, and I quote "Unhandled exception as occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately." "Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War\Napoleon Total War\data\campaigns\mp_eur_napoleon\scripting.lua." I do not know what is wrong with the path and I have no idea on how to fix this problem.
When I click "Continue" it does absolutely nothing. When I click "Quit" it immediately exits out of the launcher like it says.

Hope this be can helped!

P.S. (This is what showed when I clicked the details button on the bottom left!)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War\Napoleon Total War\data\campaigns\mp_eur_napoleon\scripting.lua'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at SPForm.but1805SP_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Lord Chancellor, did I deliver the speech well? I am glad of that, for there was nothing in it.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:58 am

His Highness the Emperor wrote:If you click Quit, the application will close immediately." "Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War\Napoleon Total War\data\campaigns\mp_eur_napoleon\scripting.lua.

Wrong installation path on your side, the text in red is where you made a mistake (there must be only one "Napoleon Total War" folder)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War\Napoleon Total War\data\campaigns\mp_eur_napoleon\scripting.lua

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:06 am

To be sure everyone has the same GUI fix and some stop using some interface glitch, here's a patch for all 7.1 users. It will break compatibility, so you have to download and install it (in the same folder).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r4ollzox90835ua/NTW3-7.1b-setup.exe

First post updated about it, in the "Download and installation" section.

His Highness the Emperor
Serf

Postby His Highness the Emperor » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:37 am

Lord Cosak wrote:
His Highness the Emperor wrote:If you click Quit, the application will close immediately." "Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War\Napoleon Total War\data\campaigns\mp_eur_napoleon\scripting.lua.

Wrong installation path on your side, the text in red is where you made a mistake (there must be only one "Napoleon Total War" folder)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War\Napoleon Total War\data\campaigns\mp_eur_napoleon\scripting.lua

Oh! I feel so stupid now, thank you for that!
Lord Chancellor, did I deliver the speech well? I am glad of that, for there was nothing in it.

Lannes RD
Villein
Villein

Postby Lannes RD » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:03 am

Hello,

Marche pas...quand j'essaie d'installer le patch (alertes de SmartScreen et avast que je désactive) voila le message qu'il me donne "window ne parvient pas à acceder au péripherique, au chemin d'accès ou au fichier spécifié. Vous ne disposez peut être pas des autorisations appropriées pour avoir accés à l'élément" ???

Une remarque; je salue les formidables développements qui ont été faits, c'est un remarquable travail. Cependant je vous invite à réfléchir à ceci: nous sommes déjà peu à jouer à NTW3, multiplier les patchs risque de nous éparpiller plus encore....

Merci pour votre aide

Lannes

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:14 am

Il n'y a qu'un seul patch, et il faut juste pointer vers le même répertoire qu'avant. Il a été testé sur Win 7, 8 et 10 sans souci. On aurait aussi pu ne rien sortir et laisser se débrouiller ceux qui ont des problèmes.

pericles
Villein
Villein

Postby pericles » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:44 am

I have been enjoying this game since it was first released and it still gives me great pleasure after all this time. This is mainly because of you guys (LORDZ MODDDING COLLECTIVE). NTW3 7.1 has enhanced the basic game to a whole new level and for this I thank you.

Lannes RD
Villein
Villein

Postby Lannes RD » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:22 pm

ya qq chose qui marche pas....

Novus_ordo
Villein
Villein

Postby Novus_ordo » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:44 pm

Noticed glaringly nonsensical price differences between the cav units in Imeprial French Guard rooster. Why are the polish lancers more expensive than the Grenadier Chavals, for exmaple?

also the chat windows dissapaears with the 7.1+hotfix, with or without the pre-battle UI mod installed!
Last edited by Novus_ordo on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:52 pm

Novus_ordo wrote:Noticed glaringly nonsensical price differences between the cav units in Imeprial French Guard rooster. Why are the polish lancers more expensive than the Grenadier Chavals, for exmaple?

Why? Probably because you need some maths lessons. As far as I know, 2080 (Grenadiers à cheval) is far above than 920 (Polish lancers).

Or maybe you're referring to Bessières' unit, with 42 Grenadiers à cheval, less then the 47 Polish lancers, and far, far slower (C4 to C8, have you read about it?), with your general being in the front row of a fighting unit (usually the first to die in a charge). This huge risk, smaller size, slower pace, makes Bessières cheaper.

Novus_ordo
Villein
Villein

Postby Novus_ordo » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:08 pm

forgot the names exactly but the heavy gendarmes with 42 vs the next cav unit some sort of lancer cav with almost half the stat scores, but with 10 more men, yet more expensive, same with the hussars next up the OOB

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:12 pm

It's exactly the same.

Gendarmes are 37 (Poles are 47), and very slow (C4) compared to Polish lancers (C8). With such stats the Polish lancers can crush almost any light or medium cavalry unit instantly, but these Gendarmes won't even be able to reach them.

Same applies for the "Chasseurs à cheval de la Garde", who are even more (52) and have the morale inspire trait, which is of major importance.

Lannes RD
Villein
Villein

Postby Lannes RD » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:34 pm

marche pas avec ce 7.1.b, crash chaque fois...tant pis j'attendrai le 8.0...à la vitesse où vous sortez des nouvelles versions...la semaine prochaine

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:18 pm

Lannes RD wrote:marche pas avec ce 7.1.b, crash chaque fois...tant pis j'attendrai le 8.0...à la vitesse où vous sortez des nouvelles versions...la semaine prochaine

Antivirus ou droits insuffisants dans Program Files, comme d'hab...

SirWolly
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby SirWolly » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:59 am

Weird things are happening and its hard to play with it. First it moved out completely and
when I tried to order it a bit units where missing !!

Work hard - nap hard

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:53 am

Are you using some extra mod?

SirWolly
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby SirWolly » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:09 am

No, Cosak, I do not. I do not even know how to mod.
Work hard - nap hard

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:41 pm

SirWolly wrote:Weird things are happening and its hard to play with it. First it moved out completely and

Same things have hapening with me . Also i dont know whats hapening as i cant install,i can dowload, the latest update.
.☠. Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
https://www.youtube.com/user/oOIYvYIOo

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:10 pm

Sure, disorganisation of unit cards during army setup phase after 20 as well. Hope will be sorted soon.
NTW3 Ver. 5-(5.1)-6 (Jan 2015 – Nov 2016)
NTW2 & NTW3 Ver. 1-2-3 (Sep 2009 – June 2013)

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:22 pm

With the arranged units' speed and h.cav, seems Brits & Peninsular are back. Its good, Napoleon may face a tough enemy finally.^^

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:13 pm

I've experienced this also.....and I've never seen it in previous versions

It happened to me when I selected all units and moved my mouse while they were still high lighted,just like moving icons on a windows desktop

SirWolly wrote:Weird things are happening and its hard to play with it. First it moved out completely and

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:42 pm

From todays game:

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:12 pm

It looks like a drag-drop issue, I'll check it.

In our test battles it hadn't happened at all... weird.

Return to “NTW3 Release Archives”