- Septinsular Republic (10) : ionian islands under France's control from 1807 to 1814/1815, with Balkanic, Greek and French troops.
- Mamelukes (15) : Bonaparte's main opponents from 1798 to 1801, with impressive light cavalry, heavy cavalry with plates and shields, and a feudal infantry mostly based on slaves and mercenaries.
- Russian partisans and cossacks (14) : the "Maloya Voïna" fought separately from the Russian imperial army, causing up to 70% of the Grande Armée's casualties ; no regular infantry or cavalry, mainly a skirmishing and harassing army
- Ottomans were widely reshaped in order to better display the colonial and provincial variety.
- Sweden has been redesisgned to match better its army in their war against Russia in 1809.
- France's "armée d'Espagne" flag has been changed, to display Joseph Bonaparte's coat of arms.
- Russia 1812's roster has fewer cossacks available.
- Spanish cavalry is slightly stronger.
- Factions from 6 to 12 in version 7.0 have been reevaluated, in version 7.1 the weakest are rated 9.
SP and MP campaigns
- We've updated the custom graphics with photo shop for better visual effects
- Many of the historical General units from the MP mod have been added to the v71 SP Campaign
The naval fleets in the Mediterranean have been upgraded making the trade routes more crowded, which historically lead to more unanticipated conflicts as factions fought for trade routes & ports.
Historical battles and scenarios
- HB Elchingen and La Rothière modified.
- Scenarios of Aboukir, Heliopolis and Pyramids include the new Mamelukes faction.
- Scenario of Krasnoie includes new Russian partisans and cossacks faction.
- New scenario : Paxos, during British invasion of the Septinsular Republic.
- Heavy cavalry's cost increase.
- Foot artillery's cost decrease, especially 6-pounders.
- Every unit's cost has been increased or decreased depending on its speed. This factor wasn't taken in consideration in previous versions (except for light infantry). There are six scales of speed. Within each scale the slower units are cheaper than faster ones. This will be displayed in each unit's name:
- Standard infantry (elite, light, line, militia, irregulars): from L1 to L5
- Grenadiers: from G1 to G3 (higher charging speed than standard infantry)
- Skirmishers: from S1 to S2
- Foot artillery: from F1 to F5
- Horse artillery: from H1 to H3
- Cavalry: from C1 to C9, heavy from C1 to C4, medium from C5 to C6, light from C7 to C8, nomads C9
- ... and static units have their own void scale
User interface : faction selection
Factions are now displayed in two distinct columns: France and its allies on one side, Coalition on the other. This sorts out the previous oversized dropdown menu. Ottomans have been put with the French as their main enemy during this era was Russia. So were the U.S.A. (because of U.K.) Saxony has the privilege to be on both sides, depending on their quickly-changing alliances.
Lordz recommend to build up alliances from the same column. It's not a rule or a code of conduct, just a recommendation.
The same UI alteration works with the regimental mod:
User interface : amount of units
More than 20 units can now be selected. The limit has been capped to 27, it could change later. In the battle UI units' icons are automatically resized, including HBs and scenarions.
A 20-units army:
A 25-units army:
A 37-units army (from Waterloo scenario):
Beyond 40 units a second row is added. Here's a 70-units army (from Auerstaedt 3v1 scenario):
User interface : miscellaneous
- In-battle private chat's colour has been changed from the unreadable dark purple to red.
- The increased mini-map is now 2.5 times larger
Download and installation
- Download main installer (1.95 Gb): http://www.mediafire.com/file/rgdf7v75ypb5vkt/NTW3-7.1-setup.exe
- Download 7.1b patch (2.1 Mb): http://www.mediafire.com/file/r4ollzox90835ua/NTW3-7.1b-setup.exe
- You don't need to install version 7.0 before.
- Uninstall any previous version of NTW3.
- Launch NTW3-7.1-setup.exe, choose your language (Polish not available).
- Select NTW root directory (by default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War")
- Wait casually during installation process.
- Launch NTW3-7.1b-setup.exe, choose your language (Polish not available), select the same folder.
- Launch the "NTW3 v7.1" shortcut on your desktop, or Napoleonic Total War III.exe
Mamelukes units translation
- 18 Banadiq Junayh = 18-pounders foot artillery
- 9 Banadiq Junayh = 9-pounders foot artillery
- Hawtzr = howitzers
- Almidfaeiat Alhisar = siege cannons
- Almamalik Mutharika = heavily armored Mutharika mamelukes
- Qassam Almamalik = light mamelukes brigade
- Almamalik Almudraea = heavily armored mamelukes
- Almamalik Almukhadram = veteran light mamelukes
- Almamalik Daw' = light mamelukes squadron
- Almamalik Sibahi = sipahi mamelukes
- Almutatawwiein Sibahi = sipahi volunteers
- Almisri Sibahi = Egyptian sipahis
- Faris Alfaris = Persian cavalry
- Alttanin Alllibia = Libyan recruit horsemen
- Albdw Fursan = Beduin cavalry
- Alrrumat Shannat min Alshrq = Levant horse archers
- Al'iinkushariat Alqahr Almusaeidin = veteran Cairo janissaries
- Al'iinkushariat Alqahr = Cairo janissaries
- Almisri Azap = Egyptian Azap troops
- Aldrawysh = dervishes
- Alfilastinia Almusaeidun = Palestinian auxiliaries
- Alzzunuj Alrramah = black skirmishers
- Mushat Albahria = marines
- Almurtaziqat Alfarisia = Persian mercenaries
- Albdw Qanasat = Beduin skirmishers
- Alfurasan Alssuda' = black riflemen
- Eealaa Al'ard = mameluke Toprakli skirmishers
- Almurtaziqat fi Almaghrib Alearabi = Maghreb mercenaries
- Falahin Alghawgha' = peasant horde
- Almisri Almusaeidin = Egyptian auxiliaries
- Falahin = peasants
- Qatie min Aleabid = black slaves horde