NTW3 6.0 - Release Notes & Download Links

Lord Uxbridge
Lord
Lord

Re: NTW3 6.0 - Release Notes & Download Links

Postby Lord Uxbridge » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:56 am

Lord Tayyab wrote:
Thanks for the quick response Lord Uxbridge, really appreciate it!
I seem to have fixed the problem by NOT using the UI mod, only question is, will I be able to connect to others using it?
Now I know this is the first release and that patches are coming, but I have a few questions. Now, I'm on field exercises so only have my laptop with me which runs everything on lowest settings and unit sizes on large. I've noticed that even with these settings the moustaches and the overall units' looks wer crispier in V5 than 6. Is there a reason or am I just being paranoid?
Again, thank you for your hard work and fast reply!

No problem.

Yes you can connect to others using it.

There has been no adjustment in texture quality for the units in this version although I am aware of an issue with the Prussian 1806 face textures which we can hopefully resolve for the next patch.

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:57 pm

Indeed Cosak......our game was played as a DM not as a Prussian attack as such,mainly to get a feel for the new v6 mechanics

I will read the notes more carefully as I hosted this one(that's also why 2 French armies could not deploy......)
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

Mikey_A
Serf

Postby Mikey_A » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:33 pm

Sorry if im being dumb, but are the last two files (bin files) meant to be blank pages. Arent they meant to be installers and when i have downloaded all three files. where do i go from there. I dont find the install instructions that helpful.

Sorry for my noobish ways

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:19 pm

Mikey_A wrote:Sorry if im being dumb, but are the last two files (bin files) meant to be blank pages. Arent they meant to be installers and when i have downloaded all three files. where do i go from there. I dont find the install instructions that helpful.

Sorry for my noobish ways

One installer and 2 bin files is correct....just run the installer and it will work.....though u may have to change a file name slightly on one of the bin files(delete the bracketed number is all)if it comes up "insert Disk" etc when installing
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

Elegance
Serf

Postby Elegance » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:01 am

Hey so I have weird problem with installing v6... I've followed all the steps posted on the forum: all NTW files have been deleted from the data folder, version 5 has been uninstalled, the 3 files for v6 are in the same folder, the set-up exe runs fine, and everything seems to go alright. Once ingame, the homescreen is the v6 homescreen, but when i go to mp, it's all weird. it seems to be a mix of vanilla and v6: it's vanilla units but with ntw3 names, vanilla factions, but all say empty, and i can connect to vanilla games.
Anyone know what may cause this? is the download corrupted?
Thank you and sorry for the hassle :(

FireTight
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby FireTight » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:16 am

Elegance wrote:Hey so I have weird problem with installing v6... I've followed all the steps posted on the forum: all NTW files have been deleted from the data folder, version 5 has been uninstalled, the 3 files for v6 are in the same folder, the set-up exe runs fine, and everything seems to go alright. Once ingame, the homescreen is the v6 homescreen, but when i go to mp, it's all weird. it seems to be a mix of vanilla and v6: it's vanilla units but with ntw3 names, vanilla factions, but all say empty, and i can connect to vanilla games.

What's in your user.script.txt?

Elegance
Serf

Postby Elegance » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:13 pm

FireTight wrote:
Elegance wrote:Hey so I have weird problem with installing v6... I've followed all the steps posted on the forum: all NTW files have been deleted from the data folder, version 5 has been uninstalled, the 3 files for v6 are in the same folder, the set-up exe runs fine, and everything seems to go alright. Once ingame, the homescreen is the v6 homescreen, but when i go to mp, it's all weird. it seems to be a mix of vanilla and v6: it's vanilla units but with ntw3 names, vanilla factions, but all say empty, and i can connect to vanilla games.

What's in your user.script.txt?

I didn't have one, but I just made one and put "mod NTW3.6.0"
Does it need to be something different?
Thank you so much

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:31 pm

Elegance wrote:Does it need to be something different?

The file's content must be:

Code: Select all

mod "NTW3_v60_art.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_db.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_sc.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_maps_a_f.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_maps_g_z.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_maps_hist.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_maps_lmc.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_fx1.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_fx2.pack";

ELement UK
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby ELement UK » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:26 pm

I just keep getting this v_60_art.pack problem when trying to install. won't let me go beyond that. As for having 'Cosak' list in the script file...how is that supposed to happen. Do you have to run the vanilla game first to get a script file? Been so long I can't even remember how to put an image here of the error screen.
Last edited by ELement UK on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zarathustra ITA
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Zarathustra ITA » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:56 pm

Thank you a lot!
I'll have a free month before definetely leave gaming as I'll work overseas, I now know how to spend this time.

ELement UK
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby ELement UK » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:20 pm

THE 528K SET UP PROG WILL NOT START ANY INSTALLATIOn, oops caps.. anyway dl'd it 5/6 times but it just will not install

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:54 pm

ELement UK wrote:THE 528K SET UP PROG WILL NOT START ANY INSTALLATIOn, oops caps.. anyway dl'd it 5/6 times but it just will not install

For weird reasons files are sometimes renamed. They must be named:

Code: Select all

NTW3.6.0-setup.exe (0.5 Mb)
NTW3.6.0-setup-1.bin (701 Mb)
NTW3.6.0-setup-2.bin (493 Mb)

ELement UK
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby ELement UK » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:14 pm

Lancier sent me the link to download the same files at the goldenmusket site and these files have worked for me ! Strange that their seems to be a difference. I use win 7 64 still btw. Thanks Lancier

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:11 pm

Great news Element, we are looking forward to see you on Ntw3 fields again !
NTW3 Ver. 5-(5.1)-6 (Jan 2015 – Nov 2016)
NTW2 & NTW3 Ver. 1-2-3 (Sep 2009 – June 2013)

biasedplatypus7
Villein
Villein

Postby biasedplatypus7 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:25 pm

Hello, love the new version however I cannot figure out how to switch back to vanilla. Any solutions?

Ztrain909
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Ztrain909 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:15 pm

I want to commend Cosak and the Lordz team on the idea of these scenario's. Very interesting concept and a lot of fun to play. They are very similar to an HB, which is where my heart is. Nonetheless, excellent job. Well done.

Zarathustra ITA
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Zarathustra ITA » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:06 pm

I had tons of problem in playing this new version although I performed a clean de-installation of the previous version.
I wasn't able to see faction and unit names, and the game mecahnics was rotten. I'll now try to re-download the vanilla game and install this version from the beginning.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:00 pm

Zarathustra ITA wrote:I had tons of problem in playing this new version although I performed a clean de-installation of the previous version.
I wasn't able to see faction and unit names, and the game mecahnics was rotten. I'll now try to re-download the vanilla game and install this version from the beginning.

If you can't see then units' name then you haven't deleted all the v5 files.

Vilain de Bourg-en-Bresse
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Vilain de Bourg-en-Bresse » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:31 pm

biasedplatypus7 wrote:Hello, love the new version however I cannot figure out how to switch back to vanilla. Any solutions?

You will have to do it manually this time:
Move the "user.script.txt" file (most likely in: C:/user/YOUR USERNAME/*AppData*/roaming/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/scripts; ** might be hidden) and the NTW3_v60_txt.pack (i.e.: C:/programs (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Napoleon Total War/data) to separate folders (You can create folders there.)
VENIVIDICITIDI

biasedplatypus7
Villein
Villein

Postby biasedplatypus7 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:49 am

Ok, thank you for the help, appreciate it!

Boret
Serf

Postby Boret » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:39 am

I have a problem with this: I download both parts and the installer, put them in the same folder, run the installer, everything's fine until I launch the game. I launch it from the Napoleon.exe or through steam and i'm thrown to the menu where nothing has changed except the background, and then I try to play a battle or host an mp game and I only see the original factions with the original units, I can only play in the original maps and most factions names are literally "EMPTY". BTW in my user.script.txt in "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts" I only have this:

mod "NTW3_v60_art.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_db.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_sc.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_fx1.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_fx2.pack";

I have tried reinstalling several times and I have deleted the "Napoleon Total War" folder after uninstalling the game in order to make sure i deleted all v5.0 files. I don't know what to do :cry: please help!

Vilain de Bourg-en-Bresse
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Vilain de Bourg-en-Bresse » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:15 pm

Boret wrote:I have a problem with this: I download both parts and the installer, put them in the same folder, run the installer, everything's fine until I launch the game. I launch it from the Napoleon.exe or through steam and i'm thrown to the menu where nothing has changed except the background, and then I try to play a battle or host an mp game and I only see the original factions with the original units, I can only play in the original maps and most factions names are literally "EMPTY". BTW in my user.script.txt in "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts" I only have this:

mod "NTW3_v60_art.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_db.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_sc.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_fx1.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_fx2.pack";

I have tried reinstalling several times and I have deleted the "Napoleon Total War" folder after uninstalling the game in order to make sure i deleted all v5.0 files. I don't know what to do :cry: please help!

Strange, everything just looks fine to me. I could only replicate this by
removing the "user.script.txt" from the "scripts" folder or renaming it.
VENIVIDICITIDI

VeridisQuo
Serf

Postby VeridisQuo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Boret wrote:I have a problem with this: I download both parts and the installer, put them in the same folder, run the installer, everything's fine until I launch the game. I launch it from the Napoleon.exe or through steam and i'm thrown to the menu where nothing has changed except the background, and then I try to play a battle or host an mp game and I only see the original factions with the original units, I can only play in the original maps and most factions names are literally "EMPTY". BTW in my user.script.txt in "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts" I only have this:

mod "NTW3_v60_art.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_db.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_sc.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_fx1.pack";
mod "NTW3_v60_fx2.pack";

Same problem for me. Does anyone have a possible solution?

Alpha
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Alpha » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:06 am

hello,

great job for v6. Congratulations. The best version i never play on ntw 3.

Just one comment on the Schlesische Landwehr of Prussia (19) is too powerful unit for its cost 410. With good shooting statistics (accuracy 18, 55 charging, proper moral 20) and above a staggering number 203 . for its price / quality ratio is well above all the units of the V6. I think that its cost should be increased or decreased morale.

Juste une petite remarque sur la Schlesische Landwehr de la Prusse(19) qui est une unité trop puissante pour son cout 410. Avec des bonnes statistique de tir (précision 18, rechargement 55, un moral correct de 20) et surtout un nombre effarant 203. Par son rapport qualité/prix, elle est largement au dessus de toutes les unités de la V6. Je pense que son cout devrait être augmenté ou son moral diminué.

Alpha.

Boret
Serf

Postby Boret » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:55 pm

I just "fixed" the problem I had.

I got 2 users in my computer, 1 is admin and the other is not, I was trying to play in the regular user and it didn't work even when I clicked the "Run as Administrator" button, just changed to the Admin user and played a game without problems.

PD: Sorry for the inconvenience :embarrrased: :confused:

Return to “NTW3 Release Archives”