NTW3 5.1 - Release Notes & Download Links

Lord Liberalis
Lord
Lord

NTW3 5.1 - Release Notes & Download Links

Postby Lord Liberalis » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:57 pm

Dear fans and players of NTW3,

We're happy to announce the release of the new 5.1 patch on which we have been working on for the past few months.
Major Improvements to SP Campaign and to unit cards have been done . Avon, Davn, Cosak, AL42, Gironna and Uxbridge from the Lordz Modding Collective, have to be especially thanked for their work for this patch.
No capital changes to MP (except Al42's major update to unit cards), some additional units here and there, fine-tuning of battle mechanics, unit stats and debugging.

MP Changes

In a glance:
  • Better handling of charges on the flanks (not perfect, just a bit better)
  • Significant increase in the effectiveness of the cavalry charge, especially for heavy and lancer cavalries.
  • Major change in the British firing tactics/mechanics to simulate the Brown Bess, with extremely effective short range fire
  • Correction of the time certain units take to unleash a volley after they stopped marching
  • Reduction of long-range bullet fatalities
  • Overall reduction in prices for the most expensive units, especially heavy cavalry
  • Russia: better accuracy, worst reloading, light infantry are worse, faster grenadiers (as fast as other nations light infantry), Cossacks are deployable as guerrillas (outside of the deployment zone)
  • Imperial Guard: reduction of 5 to 10% of costs, Velites of Florence and Turin reduced to one battalion only

~Lord Cosak

SP Changes

• General Staff info cards for the major factions.
  • The Duke of Brunswick now has a complete info card with HIS historical NOTES.
  • Corrections to the Spanish faction recommended by Uxbridge.
  • Also a uniform correction for Portugal General Pedro Almeida is included.
  • AL42 updated a lot of faction rosters unit cards, both for SP and MP modes. (looks great !)
  • SP/MP localization edits; about 30 new & specific unit descriptions.

New units added to the v5.1 patch

Spanish Guard & Elite

Spanish & Portuguese Sappers

Belgium units to the SP Campaign (by Lord Gironne)

• Custom General units are now available for MB battle and SP Campaigns:
  • The Iron Marshal is now in full dress on the field !
  • Uniform correction for Portugal General Pedro Almeida is included.
  • General Staff info cards for the major factions
  • The Duke of Brunswick now has a complete info card with HIS historical NOTES:

• AL42 has updated the many faction rosters unit cards for the patch, including MP Mode

Updates for the Ottoman uniforms by Lord Uxbridge.

Updated info cards for the Austrian Line Infantry units for the v5.1patch file

Custom info & icon cards for units:

SP Campaign players now have new missions tasked at the start of their game

Historical Battles

The battles of Ziegelhof and La Coruna are now fully integrated into the 5.1 patch. (This updates HB to version 5.3)
Hoepfully we'll see in a future patch, the battle of La Rothière.
http://images.yuku.com/image/jpg/8b4b0c ... 45f3bd.jpg
Lord Desaix has added these new historical battles to the HB menu:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits

• Lord Avon Ulysses
  • Lord Bloody Bill
  • Lord Commodore Wesley
  • Lord Cosak
  • Lord Davn
  • Lord Desaix
  • Lord Fullin
  • Lord Gironne
  • Lord Hokomoko
  • Lord JC
  • Lord Kester
  • Lord Lancier
  • Lord LeglessLannes
  • Lord Liberalis
  • Lord Sean Cappone
  • Lord Uxbridge
  • Lord Von Clausewitz

Special thanks to our fans, and to our growing community of napoleonic enthusiasts.
Thank you all ! Image

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation

Before installing the new version, you absolutely need to have NTW3 version 5.0 installed on your computer before installing this patch.

Run the installer & it will install/update NTW3 automatically, providing Napoleon :Total War is installed in the default location.

If it's not, you will just need to point the installer to the location & it will do the rest.
When you go to play use the NTW3 icon as usual.

If correctly installed you should see in the start-up screen a small red text saying MOD Version 5.1.

NTW3 patch version 5.1

Mirrors:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/od3cf ... ch_5.1.exe

User Interface Mod
If your screen resolution is above 1600, we highly recommend you to download this little mod that will greatly enhance your visual comfort in the Unit Selection Screen.
Just download, unpack and place into your /napoleon total war/data folder.

Download Pre-Battle Unit Selection mod

A big THANK YOU to the entire community for keeping this mod alive.

Merry Christmas !!!,

The Lordz

http://www.TheLordz.org
To save Russia, we have to burn Moscow.

http://www.Grognards.org
http://www.Napoleon-Souvenirs.com

nAp_75
Villein
Villein

Re: NTW3 5.1 - Release Notes & Download Links

Postby nAp_75 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:17 pm

Dear Lords,

first of all I would like to thank you all for your great work and indefatigable contribution to this wonderful game.
I am afraid that I was absent for a while due to several reasons but now I like to rediscover your great mod update which you have released on December 25th. Unfortunately I could not install NTW 5.1 (Version 5.0 is installed since august this year); it says:

"Napoleonic Total War III patch 5.1 has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

data\campaigns\ntw3\startpos.esf: This file contains invalid data. (error 21FC)

You will have to run this utility again to completeley install Napoleonic Total War III patch 5.1"

Yours sincerely,
nAp_75
"... si j’avais eu Bessières à Waterloo, ma garde aurait décidé de la victoire ..." (N.B.)

Lord Liberalis
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Liberalis » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi, thanks for the kind words. :-)

You'd better ask Davn about this. Davn you there mate ? :biggrin:
To save Russia, we have to burn Moscow.

http://www.Grognards.org
http://www.Napoleon-Souvenirs.com

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:58 pm

The User Interface Mod , doesnt open any file for me .
.☠. Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
https://www.youtube.com/user/oOIYvYIOo

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:07 pm

nAp_75 wrote:"Napoleonic Total War III patch 5.1 has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

data\campaigns\ntw3\startpos.esf: This file contains invalid data. (error 21FC)

You will have to run this utility again to completeley install Napoleonic Total War III patch 5.1"

Sorry for the delay, had to shovel 5 inches of new snow this morning :confused:
Go into the data/ campaigns/ ntw3 folder and DELETE the existing startpos.esf files that's there. Follow the instructions on our TWC NTW3 SP Campaign thread to start the campaign game and the NTW3 desktop launcher should write the correct file in that folder. BE CAREFUL NOT to delete any files in the other Ntw3 folder which has many of the start files located in it.
Spoiler: show
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

roginauld
Villein
Villein

Postby roginauld » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:57 pm

Downloaded the patch last night and had an excellent game. Today a bug that's never happened before. Every time I go to load a saved army, the game crashes. Anybody else had this?

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:01 pm

roginauld wrote:Every time I go to load a saved army, the game crashes.

If the Army's have been saved with the new v5.1 patch they should work. Some of the older v5.0 saved armies my not work due the changes in the units available.

roginauld
Villein
Villein

Postby roginauld » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:29 pm

I really ought to know this by now. It's working fine today. Thanks for your support.

Chromey
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Chromey » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:37 pm

bump
Death to Tyranny

zimmer1lb
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby zimmer1lb » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:22 pm

I installed the patch and any text information in the popup boxes was missing. I deleted my current saved games, uninstalled NTW/NTW3 and did a clean install. The text information is still missing. Ideas??? Would Windows 10 be a factor??

zimm out

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:22 pm

zimmer1lb wrote:The text information is still missing. Ideas??? Would Windows 10 be a factor??
zimm out

Make sure that the three Localization files are in the Ntw3 folder as shown below.
If your desktop launcher is working correctly it will automatically write the proper local file for MP, SP or HB to the data folder and load it :wink:

zimmer1lb
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby zimmer1lb » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:35 pm

All the files are there. But compared to yours they show as 7Z folders. Did they not unpack??

zimm out

lalacurf121
Villein
Villein

Postby lalacurf121 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:04 am

I deleted my current saved games.
genting club ผ่านเว็บ

ReVe
Serf

Postby ReVe » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:42 pm

First of all before my pseudo-rant i want to say that, as usual, you made a brilliant job on this game since the begining. But...
Seriously ? More effectiveness for british musket... as if they needed it..

If you're so bent on historical accuracy you might want to instead decrease accuracy of your brown bess as it should be according to many sources, or raise the accuracy of the french musket. Either way. (And don't start with the experience of the shooter i'm taking basic french line vs 2nd battalion and french veterans vs regular foot so normally equal experience on the battlefiled)

And your so dear Rifle corps are you kidding me ? With the baker rifle wich was normally (but then again you might know more) way slower to reload than muskets they reload faster than french line infantry wtf ? Make them more accurate or i don't know what.

You might favor brit units but come on you are not very consistent "historically".

I know not everything can be perfect but the mod's been out there for a while and it always bothered me.

White
Villein
Villein

Postby White » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:49 pm

The Brit units are very small which is why they get given the better stats I believe.

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:05 am

ReVe wrote:First of all before my pseudo-rant i want to say that, as usual, you made a brilliant job on this game since the begining. But...

If you're so bent on historical accuracy you might want to instead decrease accuracy of your brown bess as it should be according to many sources, or raise the accuracy of the french musket. Either way. (And don't start with the experience of the shooter i'm taking basic french line vs 2nd battalion and french veterans vs regular foot so normally equal experience on the battlefiled)

And your so dear Rifle corps are you kidding me ? With the baker rifle wich was normally (but then again you might know more) way slower to reload than muskets they reload faster than french line infantry wtf ? Make them more accurate or i don't know what.

You might favor brit units but come on you are not very consistent "historically".

I know not everything can be perfect but the mod's been out there for a while and it always bothered me.

That i have wrote years ago ,do not loose your time and your honour .

Southpaw
Villein
Villein

Postby Southpaw » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:07 am

Since installing the 5.1 patch, multiplayer campaign no longer works. I choose multiplayer campaign from the NTW3 launcher but when I try to host a campaign, the options are all wrong. In the box where I choose a name, password, and theater for my campaign, under "theater" it sometimes just says "Choose any" and other times it says "Europe". If I select "Choose any" nothing happens. If I select "Europe" I get some weird and glitched version of the Spain campaign. I have tried installing and un-installing several times. I even tried it on another computer.

Today I tried installing NTW3 parts 1 and 2 without installing patch 5.1 and multiplayer campaign worked fine again. Then I installed patch 5.1 and multiplayer campaign no longer works. Do I need to choose something different from the NTW3 launcher or is it broken? Please help.

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:53 pm

The NTW3 5.1 patch does not load the correct files for the MP Campaign. This will be corrected in the v5.2 patch along with a few other minor items.

Lord Uxbridge
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Uxbridge » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:57 pm

ReVe wrote:First of all before my pseudo-rant i want to say that, as usual, you made a brilliant job on this game since the begining. But...

The British accuracy was not increased. Only close range fire was increased but long ranger musket fire was decreased to represent the brown bess. However, It seems from what people are saying so far that British accuracy has suffered quite heavily with this adjustment and the increase in close range fire is not effective enough to compensate so we may have to review this new mechanic for a future patch/version.

Also bear in mind that the reload mechanics for rifles are much slower than musket skirmisher fire and the reload stats shouldn't be compared between the two classes of unit.

Southpaw
Villein
Villein

Postby Southpaw » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:46 am

Lord Davn wrote:The NTW3 5.1 patch does not load the correct files for the MP Campaign. This will be corrected in the v5.2 patch along with a few other minor items.

Thanks for the quick reply. When should we expect 5.2 to become available?

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Indeed IMO the Brit OOB is now worth 18 in the faction points where the IG are now worth 21-22 faction points lol
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:52 pm

Agree with Wym and Uxbridge.
Battle on!..
TWC Co-founder
https://thewargamingclub.com/

White
Villein
Villein

Postby White » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:58 pm

Yes. I would now take pretty much any 18/17 over the Brits.

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:39 am

:biggrin: seriously ? 18 to Great Britain like Portugal ? Like Bavaria :rolleyes: .
Yes lets reduce also Spain too due their ridicoulos values even with their last fantasy values on artillery .
Yes lets reduce Russia points because their ridicoulos values on acuracy ,reloads,etc ,etc and Russia has all to drop some points ...

Years and years about Great Britain .

First their unit numbers.
Than their cavalry.
Than their accuracy and reload that had to be like the french and some even wrote it should be better ...
Than their cavalry again.

Historical facts ,proofs ,noone ,but still they were changed.

Haku
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Haku » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:10 pm

If I have received rigourous training in marksmanship, including the ability to fire at least 30 live rounds (as a line infantryman) or 50 live rounds and 60 blank rounds (as a light infantryman), let alone 60 rounds 60 blanks (as a rifleman), using quality gunpowder...I'm going to be better than most at sighting my weapon, and actually hitting what I aim at.

Consequently, if I received little to no training in shooting, as well as having the fact that "the bullet's an idiot, the bayonet's a fine chap!" getting hammered into me by my instructors, and I had very sour-smelling gunpowder, I'm not going to know how to aim well, and I'm probably not going to hit what I aim at anyway.

Just saying.

I think the Lordz have done the best they could to reflect the British Army during that period in time; a highly-trained professional (read: small) army that could not march even if their lives depended on it. There are some bumps and scrapes right now, but otherwise the Lordz will fix it and come back to us with a mean, distinctive faction to play with.

Return to “NTW3 Release Archives”