Chuckman
"Don't you know me? I'm Ney! Marshall of France!"

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Re: NTW3 5.1 - Release Notes & Download Links

Postby Wym... » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:10 pm

From a different thread about 5.1

IMO in 5.1 most players like yourself only use inf and cav with no art in their OOB's, so most OOB's are becoming very similar for most players(load with light inf/decent line and cav with no skirmishers or art),likewise the sounds dictate the position of attack usually a flank?add to this that these Guerillas are instantly driven away buy tougher enemy cav before the enemy even leaves their deployment zones so their advanced scouting is null in void

IMO the only advantage with 5.1 is the cav buff and the casualties inflicted on friendly skirmishers by friendly cav running through them??if only unit spacing could be altered for all line units and cav so friendly cav will likewise injure friendly line inf during these stupid blob charges and it would be also very good to see ONLY ONE UNIT on any given area of land.....no more of this stacking rubbish........ummmm dream on Wym

Other than the above 2 points I feel 5.1 is a slight step backwards for a realistic ish Nap mod(thou I still enjoy it)
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

kagemusha
Villein
Villein

Postby kagemusha » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi all gentlemens

I report problem about 5.1. Many players finds that "restore vanilla" is out. When they comeback on vanilla many bugs are visible. English names for maps, for unity to, they are a mixed between ntw3 and vanilla. It 's impossible to play their campain ...

So have you a solution about this situation please ?

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:59 pm

We will look at fixing the "Restore Vanilla" files fiction with the v5.2 patch that we've started work on :lol:
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Chromey
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Chromey » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:03 pm

I take from what your saying you think the British faction is under powered?
Death to Tyranny

White
Villein
Villein

Postby White » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:27 pm

I think Britain is currently the second strongest faction in the mod behind France.

Stf
Villein
Villein

Postby Stf » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:30 pm

Good evening dear Lordz.

First of all, I want to congratulate each of you for this remarkable work. This mod is just incredible and it's a real pleasure to play with.

However, I just begin in this mod and there is one thing that I don't understand. I noticed that cavalry can't cross any line during charges unlike in the Vanilla. It's a pity because it was one of the only good things in the basic game (historically, Murat crossed several times the Russian columns during the battle of Eylau). I am not saying that cavalry is bad, but the visual effect of the shock during the charge is missing to my opinion. Could you explain the reasons of this remove please ?

I have a second question about infantry. Do you think that it could be possible to include attacking columns formation into the gameplay for a next NTW3 version ?

Thanks for your answers.

(I hope my English is not to bad ^^)

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:44 am

1. Cavalry never charged in the back of its own allied infantry. They would just trample and kill them, pointlessly. Murat didn't cross the Russian columns, only some Grenadiers à cheval did, charging and killing enemies, not gallopping among allied troops.

2. You can already form your attacking columns in-game... Or maybe I haven't understood your question.

Stf
Villein
Villein

Postby Stf » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:46 am

Tkanks fo your answer Cosak.

I thought that heavy cavalry charge could break a line formation and I supposed I means that horses hustled the ennemi so as to dislocate the formation. Was I wrong ? Then I can understand that cavalry never crossed allied troups and I agree with you. My post has concerned the case of a charge against ennemy units.

For the columns formation, I can deploy my lines on several ranks as I want but is there a difference in the attacking skills when you deploy them in deep order ?

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:36 pm

Stf wrote:Tkanks fo your answer Cosak.

I thought that heavy cavalry charge could break a line formation and I supposed I means that horses hustled the ennemi so as to dislocate the formation. Was I wrong ? Then I can understand that cavalry never crossed allied troups and I agree with you. My post has concerned the case of a charge against ennemy units.

For the columns formation, I can deploy my lines on several ranks as I want but is there a difference in the attacking skills when you deploy them in deep order ?

Hvy cavalry hitting a line in the flank or rear should break them......though Hvy Cav should fail if charged into the front of a line formation as historically cav could never be made to charge into a line frontage(or square) as the inevitable volley/bayonets would respectively put off the riders/mounts

As to attacking in column I do not think there's a positive modifier in game teams.....columns were generally used to encourage conscripts into battle and/or for general march?
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

Stf
Villein
Villein

Postby Stf » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:20 pm

About cavalry, I just talked about the visual effect of the charge. When the cavalry get in touch a line, there is no hustle. I don't see any soldier falling or stumbling. I can understand that a good line had to keep the formation at all cost but during the shock, I suppose the line were maintained but hustled. The visual effect is missing, at least if I'm not mistaken.

About the columns, there were several formations :this may interest you : http://www.napolun.com/mirror/napoleoni ... tics_4.htm

FireTight
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby FireTight » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:07 pm

Stf wrote:About cavalry, I just talked about the visual effect of the charge. When the cavalry get in touch a line, there is no hustle. I don't see any soldier falling or stumbling. I can understand that a good line had to keep the formation at all cost but during the shock, I suppose the line were maintained but hustled. The visual effect is missing, at least if I'm not mistaken.

About the columns, there were several formations :this may interest you : http://www.napolun.com/mirror/napoleoni ... tics_4.htm

The effect of cav charging into infantry was lost because of inability of cav running through infantry.

Ztrain909
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Ztrain909 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:44 pm

Would anyone know if there is a way to uninstall the 5.1 patch only, without getting rid of the base 5.0 ver. In order to be able to play a mp campaign which worked fine in ver 5.0?

SultanMahmudII
Serf

Postby SultanMahmudII » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:12 pm

Hey so I'm playing the Bavaria campaign with the 5.1 patch and the Horse Guards look like this: Image

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:59 pm

SultanMahmudII wrote:I'm playing the Bavaria campaign with the 5.1 patch and the Horse Guards look like this:

We are aware of the issues with some of the Bavarian cav units (using wrong unit atlas) and will correct the problem in the v6.0 release.
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Lord Tayyab
Villein
Villein

Postby Lord Tayyab » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:24 am

Hello all, first of all I'd like to apologize if my username is something self assuming. I was full of myself when I made it. Anyways, you guys might probably know but I haven't seen it addressed anywhere. In the current SPC France has 1 out of 2 Mamelukes. As you all know, they're not recruit able so is there a patch or anything that fixes this?
This just grates my nerves as I'm playing a 40 unit build and want to keep the ENTIRE Guard as a separate entity. Seeing a "1 out 2" and not being able to do anything about it just bugs me a lot.

Return to “NTW3 Release Archives”