Historical Battle of Austerlitz vs Fire Tight 1v1

To post and discuss about HB reports and replays

Moderator: Ziuk

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Historical Battle of Austerlitz vs Fire Tight 1v1

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:38 pm

A short resume of a battle that i had vs Fire Tight . More will come ,if your interest in participating let me know , we will recrd on Fridays 17h gmt .

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnFc-k52WJ4[/youtube]
.☠. Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
https://www.youtube.com/user/oOIYvYIOo

Ztrain909
Yeoman
Yeoman

Re: Historical Battle of Austerlitz vs Fire Tight 1v1

Postby Ztrain909 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:32 pm

I sure do miss the sophistication of HB's, much more civilized than the unorganized chaos of classic.If you plan on playing HB's, count me in on Friday's @ 1700 gmt, which is 11 am for me -PERFECT! I'm in. I do hope you plan on playing with HB rules?

http://ntwhbclub.freeforums.org/rules-g ... on-t8.html

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:16 pm

Ztrain909 wrote:I sure do miss the sophistication of HB's, much more civilized than the unorganized chaos of classic.If you plan on playing HB's, count me in on Friday's @ 1700 gmt, which is 11 am for me -PERFECT! I'm in. I do hope you plan on playing with HB rules?

http://ntwhbclub.freeforums.org/rules-g ... on-t8.html

Sure but not with the noob rule of column square formation .But im with a big constipation and i dont think i will be good for the next days .

Ztrain909
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Ztrain909 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:10 pm

"Noob rule?" That is pretty darn funny. That's the first I heard of the LCS being referred to as a noob rule. It's a great rule that requires planning, foresight and preparation. Np though, I do miss HB's and will still be onboard, I'll just take your answer as being a typical player who's afraid of a little challenge.

Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Sloop » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:04 am

Every HB battle where my opponent insisted on me following the LCS rule resulted in my strict observance to said rule and my opponents negligible adherence or outright failure to follow the this restriction. The rule itself always includes multiple interpretations as it is impossible to judge exactly when a unit is completely in column.

The only way LCS is successful is when used among trusted associates who care little about enforcing such strict rules and care even less about victory.

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:07 am

Sloop wrote:

The only way LCS is successful is when used among trusted associates who care little about enforcing such strict rules and care even less about victory.

even with trusted players accidents do and will happen and the ensuing arguments via TS or on forums do get very heated lol as certain 'mistakes' at a crucial point will gain one side a distinct advantage....we had numerous arguments at NBC concerning these probs, so many peeps gave up on HB's

The Grogs play alot of HB's from time to time thou Im not sure if they use LCS or EA rules etc
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

FireTight
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby FireTight » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:45 pm

My video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHNQ_qGh64M[/youtube]

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:53 pm

Ztrain909 wrote:"Noob rule?" That is pretty darn funny. That's the first I heard of the LCS being referred to as a noob rule. It's a great rule that requires planning, foresight and preparation. Np though, I do miss HB's and will still be onboard, I'll just take your answer as being a typical player who's afraid of a little challenge.

Hm ztrain,weird speach ,since im "part" of this community for a long more time than you my friend. The rule was invented by NBC before HB creators ever thought about it and it has brought ten of discussions on this forum about that for years .
First of all its not a realistic formation, therefore compensating a none realistic square formation and none existing cavalry tactic of engagments with a none realistic column formation its just creating a big ball of crap in my opinion.
You like the majority of some of the members of this comunity,always avoid to speak the real problem ,the wrong use of cavalry units in the game . And since people dont respect the correct use of cavalry and infantry engagments of melee combats ,square formation is more than valid to counter those un-realistic noob type of game-play .
And as you said , and you can ask to everyone you know on this community ,im the less competitive person around here :razz: .
So yeh i dont look for a chalenge on NTW 3,never did.
Never look for that with TW games and its not my interest and it was never my interest on this community and mod .
Next Friday same time i´ll do a HB ,anyone that is interest contact me on steam or here .
Peace .

Ztrain909
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Ztrain909 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Aw man, 25 years as a Teamster too many to count strike lines in the 90's, banging heads, slashing tires, torching equipment and I'm reduced to "rookie" status in NTW3 - what a bummer!
You pulled NTW3 "seniority" rank on me, darn! Take it easy tough guy, its only a video game. I'm looking forward to the HB's,I sure do miss them. I'll play whichever way your heart desires. Especially now that I have such a reduced status. How long before I get some darn seniority in this game? Geez!

Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Sloop » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:29 pm

Ztrain909 wrote: its only a video game
I pass the time playing video games with my grandkids and I always lose because I am too old, slow, and apathetic to care. I can not imagine playing a wargame to pass the time whilst having little concern for the outcome. Victory over such thugs as Yoyo is reward enough but loosing against him would be intolerable. Me thinks it be a bit more than "only a video game."
Ztrain909 wrote:How long before I get some darn seniority in this game? Geez!
I started with NTW1 in 2004 but it was not until the great Dury coaxed me from Rome to NTW2 that I began my steps toward seniority, and people still think I'm a noob.
Last edited by Sloop on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tac
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Tac » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:43 pm

Thats because you are a noob sloop,actually sloop is only about 18 he suffers from benjamin button syndrome.

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:33 pm

Ztrain909 wrote:Take it easy tough guy, its only a video game.

Ztrain909 wrote:"Noob rule?" That is pretty darn funny. That's the first I heard of the LCS being referred to as a noob rule. It's a great rule that requires planning, foresight and preparation. Np though, I do miss HB's and will still be onboard, I'll just take your answer as being a typical player who's afraid of a little challenge.

I wanna try what your smoking too ,share it.

Ah wait i google it :Teamster , truck driver .
Unfortenly for you , only on USA that is considered a "tough" and or respectble "work".I dont see any special status or experience of life by doing that and i still dont know what your real life job has to do with respecting eldest members of this community .
Is it the age ? Its not the age either that gives you a special status on sociecity ,only on the army "age is a rank" .
So relax my friend and if i said that column formation if for noobs is because i do think that and you just need to respect it ,if you dont want to respect my opinion due it heart your feelings, bum cant do nothing about it as you said this is just a game and you i cant believe that a senior truck driver gets touched by a young guy with no life experience like me saying that a column formation is for noobs.

Peace my friend and for column formations look at NBC club or TS of Lordz and for HB section.

Sloop ,always a pleasure to face a veteran ace .Im still hoping that someday you will open that door on N for me ... oh my dear N ...

Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Sloop » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:48 am

Da Motta wrote:Sloop ,always a pleasure to face a veteran ace .Im still hoping that someday you will open that door on N for me ... oh my dear N ...
Sorry Yoyo, we already have enough horses' asses in [N]. Come to think of it, we are all horses' asses. perhaps you do qualify.

stilgar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby stilgar » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:44 am

Playing HB without rules they were created around (LCS, reinforcement delays, LOC) is like playing golf but ignoring the holes.

The original (and to me, the main) point of playing HB is to re-create and/or re-define the outcome of historical battles of Napoleonic wars, using the tactics of the age. HB scenario's are fine tuned to recreate the battlefield, OOB, relative strength of units,reinforcements delay, objectives, and ultimately allow you as a virtual commander to face same challenges as historical commander, and do differently and perhaps better. Ignore this, then you have a series of pre-set battles that become boring after a few tries.

With this said, I hope players will keep loading and trying those scenario's from time to time, even without much respect for rules, just to have a glimpse at all their glory.

In my experience LCS rule was never a problem: it's a matter of practice and a bit of discipline. Many regular classic players and beginners got it right in no time. What raised discussions and to some extent discontent was tactics and general approach to playing HBs (including unspoken rules of realism). I personally enjoyed those discussions and they did improve quality of the games in the period when Legio's, NBCs, and few others were very active in playing HBs. Although those discussions and attempts to refine HB rules and practices did not help HB promotion and made some loose their interest in HB all together, imo the ultimate killer of interest remains instability of NTW engine and high PC requirements.

Ztrain, HBs are being rarely played nowadays, but we do manage to get a game going once in a while. I'll give you a shout if I am up for a game and I see you in TS/on steam. Cheers!
"Постой-ка, брат мусью ..."

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:06 am

Sloop wrote:
Da Motta wrote:Sloop ,always a pleasure to face a veteran ace .Im still hoping that someday you will open that door on N for me ... oh my dear N ...
Sorry Yoyo, we already have enough horses' asses in [N]. Come to think of it, we are all horses' asses. perhaps you do qualify.

Cinism (the door thing as the horse a** i totally agree with you) aside your one of the very few players that i remember almost all the battles that i fought against .

Ztrain909
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Ztrain909 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:30 pm

Stilgar, that sounds great. I know in the past most HB's were played on Friday, due to work restrictions, I was rarely able to play. Now, anywhere from 1700gmt to 2200 gmt on Friday is the "best" time for me to play. Hey Yoyo, you want to hear how "terrible" of a HB player I really am? The last HB I played was against Stilgar and someone else(sorry can't remember who). HB's are 90 minutes. Stilgar and his partner annihilated Gonzo and I in about 14 minutes. I believe it was the Polish HB(Gorzyce). Not that Stilgar isn't a good player,but, boy do i suck!

Sloop, you talk about losing to the grandchildren, I tried that Madden Football a few times online with PS3. I was getting beat up by 10 year old's, 70 -3, 65 - 7. Talk about being embarrassed! Of course, I would only play as "The Bears," and that's when Grossman was quarterback.

Tac
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Tac » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:53 pm

I want to join a game where the host says "NO rules" just " the unspoken rules of realism" :wink:

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:29 pm

ztrain i demand a duelo :exclaim:

Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Sloop » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:23 pm

Tac wrote:I want to join a game where the host says "NO rules" just " the unspoken rules of realism" :wink:

My only rule is that I play without any clothes.

stilgar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby stilgar » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Tac wrote:I want to join a game where the host says "NO rules" just " the unspoken rules of realism" :wink:

Well, you missed that train, Tac, by a year or so :wink:

In fact the "unspoken rules of realism" is smth. more pragmatic as you might think: it was all about avoiding all sort of gamey practices, that have little or nothing to do with Nap battlefield. Think of obviously suicidal attacks, just to get that precious arty or just show the "bravery"; leaving lonely unit in building, when you have no intention to defend that area; ambushing reinforcements; death-match ending; ninja cavalry raids etc. Avoiding all that made the virtual battlefield to resemble a battlefield of the Nap Wars a bit more and improved the experience.

There were discussions of expanding the HB rules with no running for line infantry or rules that would help in avoiding messy cav-infa melee's, etc, but the pragmatism always prevailed.
"Постой-ка, брат мусью ..."

Ztrain909
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Ztrain909 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Da Motta wrote:ztrain i demand a duelo :exclaim:

I accept. Just let me know which battle you would like to play ahead of time, and which faction I am, so that I might prepare a "master" strategy to destroy you with. I shall make your men suffer for your "insolence's." Your soldiers shall pay for the countless numbers of beatings that I have taken at the hands of 99.99999999999% of NTW3 players and of little 10 year old's in Madden Football.

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:47 pm

Ztrain909 wrote:
I accept. Just let me know which battle you would like to play ahead of time, and which faction I am, so that I might prepare a "master" strategy to destroy you with. I shall make your men suffer for your "insolence's." Your soldiers shall pay for the countless numbers of beatings that I have taken at the hands of 99.99999999999% of NTW3 players and of little 10 year old's in Madden Football.

:shocked: i was gonna chalenge you for a match with marbles :embarrrased: ...

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:17 pm

Gotta smile while reading about the LCS rule in some of those posts, ahhh, the good old days of LCS.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.
http://napbc.freeforums.org/

Ztrain909
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Ztrain909 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Lord Gunner24 wrote:Gotta smile while reading about the LCS rule in some of those posts, ahhh, the good old days of LCS.

Boy, do I miss the likes of you Gunner, and Friant, Desaix,Miko, many other religious HB players and yes..... I can't believe I'm gonna say ........Ziuk! You see what I'm resorting to doing now? Selling myself to players like Yoyo, just cause I really miss playing HB's. Next thing you know is Yoyo will have me turning " trick's" on the corner for $5. Please HELP!

Tac
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Tac » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:16 am

Ztrain selling himself like a HB whore :biggrin:

Return to “HB AAR and Replays”