Wednesday/Friday HB rendez vous

For all discussions about Napoleon's Eagles, the historical mode for NTW3 by Lord Dessaix
Lord Desaix
Lord
Lord

Re: Wednesday/Friday HB rendez vous

Postby Lord Desaix » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:59 pm

Who knows, maybe Dav & Doc can resurrect Saalfeld files lying forgotten somewhere. :mrgreen:

Tomorrow is ok for me as well, cya...I was wondering if we should install something like Tunngle or Evolve. Last battle in Steam was a pain.

Ztrain909
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Ztrain909 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:25 am

Ah, Doc and Davidov. Two prime examples of highly skilled HB players that can move their troops in good order in the heat of the battle.

I still have nightmares about a battle against Doc where his entire division was coming at me in perfect line formation order. I could do nothing but watch in horror and amazement as he completely overtook my position.

You see Des, we don't have to move around in massive blobs. Of course it was against a subpar player like me, but nonetheless, it can be done.

Stilgar? Like I said before, I feel a mighty resurgence coming in 2017 for HB's. I predict 50,000 new HB players! As Yul Brenner said, " So let it be written, so let it be done."

On a side note, I have some unused personal days I'm trying to use at work. Hopefully this Friday or possibly even next week. Hopefully I'll be able to join you and teach you some battlefield manners. The only thing is if my good friend Siggy is playing, Stil I'll need you around to interpret what he is saying as he screams at the top of his lungs at me in his native Russian tongue.

Lord Desaix
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Desaix » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:14 am

Perfectly expressed Z man.
Now tell Doc&Dav to form a division into double line with artillery intermixed and advance against an enemy like Siggyzmund pushing the hell around you ...you'll soon get to understand why my units looked messy.

I hope nobody saved yesterday night battle at La Rothiere, that was quite embarassing to me. My convincement that I cannot play anymore against strong players like Sigizmund is now solid, it's neither fun for me nor for him, I've played a couple of weeks ago in the same position (austrian and bavarians on right) and almost reached Meusnil while yesterday I could barely get in sight of the two ford passages crossing the first river.
Couple of batteries soon deployed there and I was in the uttermost panick, coupled with the urge to move the bavarians on the south map...you get the picture, battle ended in five minutes.

First time my feeling was "I have to increase delays a bit and strenghten some french stats", yesterday my impression was "let's deploy austrian already on the french side and have french stats halved"

Anyway our fault...I forgot we said no more Sigizmund with french when I'm in :mrgreen:
Below my feeling five minutes after start...

Lord Desaix
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Desaix » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:55 am

Cya next friday, happy new years to any HB fan...
let's hope the new year bring at least Sagunto and Raab :mrgreen:

stilgar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby stilgar » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Tricky to get on line tonight, so I think I'll see you all next year. Have fun on New Year's Eve and happy 2017, everyone!

P.S. Raab and Sagunto (in this order!) would be nice :)
"Постой-ка, брат мусью ..."

Jessusan
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Jessusan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:46 pm

Happy New Year everyone! Don't drink too much :mrgreen:
[NBC]Churruca

Ztrain909
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Ztrain909 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:47 pm

Jessusan wrote:Happy New Year everyone! Don't drink too much :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, for most of us we're old men now. After a half glass of red wine and a full plate of lasagna and meatballs we'll be sleeping by 10:30pm.

Enjoy your celebration and I'll see you fine gentlemen Wed/Fri of next week to teach a proper lesson. Siggy, I'm comin' for you!

Viva La HB's!

Return to “NTW3 HB”