Interested in doing HBs

For all discussions about Napoleon's Eagles, the historical mode for NTW3 by Lord Dessaix
TW_king
Villein
Villein

Interested in doing HBs

Postby TW_king » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:18 pm

I have had NTWIII for a while now but have only been able to play a few games since multiplayer is not active.
So I decided why not start play some HBs.
I read the the rules and the FAQ but I still have some questions.

1. Are there any separate patches for HB?
2. Is there anything else that I need apart from TS and the mod?
3. Is there any important things that I need to know which are not in the FAQ and rule threads?
4. What days do these happen?

Thanks in advance

Jessusan
Yeoman
Yeoman

Re: Interested in doing HBs

Postby Jessusan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:32 pm

hi TW_king, welcome to HB universe.

here a short answer:
1. there is just 3.61 patch.
2. You need tunngle as it is more stabkle than steam.
3. I don't remember anything else, except we play to enjoy :)
4. usually you can find players in TS everyday, specially on Fridays

Regards.
[NBC]Churruca

Lord Desaix
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Desaix » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Are you on EU or US timezone? I hope you don't answer AU :wink:

stilgar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby stilgar » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi, TW_king.

Well, you could just browse this forum around ;). See also here for an overview
http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=14470

Then, when you lunch Historical battles from NTW3 menu, the upper tab is actually link to a guide (in pdf format) that desribes what HBs are and how they are played.

Or, you could just join thethe HB room on the Lordz TS server. See here for the server information. http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=12136

There is often someone on line on evenings (Eur time), who would be glad to answer your question and help you with joining a game. Not sure about US or AU time.
"Постой-ка, брат мусью ..."

TW_king
Villein
Villein

Postby TW_king » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:21 pm

Lord Desaix wrote:Are you on EU or US timezone? I hope you don't answer AU :wink:

Actually I am from Mars :lol:
Spoiler: show
no really I live in EU

Lord Desaix
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Desaix » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:31 pm

We have a good scenario about Mars attacking Jupiter...

Just enter TS on evening and see if a slot can be taken.

TW_king
Villein
Villein

Postby TW_king » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:47 pm

I have downloaded Tunngle and the 3.61 patch. Do you install the patch into the NTWII folder within napoleon total war folder or just straight into the napoleon total war folder?

Lord Desaix
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Desaix » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:59 pm

TW_king wrote:I have downloaded Tunngle and the 3.61 patch. Do you install the patch into the NTWII folder within napoleon total war folder or just straight into the napoleon total war folder?

Uhmmm...you need NTW3 ver 3 already installed and patch 3.1 and 3.4 before upgrading to 3.61

Please check this post for all the links

http://www.realtimestrategy.it/viewtopi ... 29#p114929

All files install with the same automated procedure pointing to the main Napoleon Total War directory when asked by the installer (if you installed Steam in the default directory you can just press ok when requested to browse to NTW dir). The only care must be paid to run NTW at least one time before installing NTW3 ver 3.0 if you come from a vergin installation of vanilla.

DOC
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby DOC » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:02 pm

Hmmm, im not sure but was it you who poked me on TS last night in the HB 1 chat room, if it was i apologise for not being able to get back to you straight away, i was busy on Red Orchestra 2 and could not Alt Tab at the time, plus my mic was muted so i couldnt speak without Alt tabbing, again my apologies sir, i wasnt being rude intentionally and please feel free to drop in tonight/whenever, i promise i will speak next time.

P.S. As Desaix has stated above, however it can be confusing keeping track of which patch and where it is, again if you have any problems just pop into TS HB room when there is someone there, usually after 19-30hrs and they will be more than happy to help.
[NBC] DOC

TW_king
Villein
Villein

Postby TW_king » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:23 pm

It may of been me, I can not remember. Anyway sorry I though you was AFK

TW_king
Villein
Villein

Postby TW_king » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:43 pm

Just played my first battle tonight first on Montebello but we gave that up as someone lost connection. We tried again, this time on Rivoli as a 3v2, part way through Desaix crashed (I think) but we carried on and Austria routed the remaining French :smile:. I thoroughly enjoyed so you will see more of me.

stilgar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby stilgar » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:55 pm

Glad you enjoyed that, TW_king. Rivoli was an intense and entertainign battle indeed. I posted a short battle report on NBC site

http://napbc.freeforums.org/hb-rivoli-30-10-13-t6173.html
"Постой-ка, брат мусью ..."

Lord Desaix
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Desaix » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:18 pm

Yes, sorry interesting battle until my crash (third in a row that means no way to escape a system format) and first with no flags. I must admit that I forgot to switch off particles at ultra settings (this could have been the reason of the crash) and my feeling during the battle was frustrating to say the least. I could not even understand what my first line was doing and where it was deployed. I had 3 or 4 units routed by a terrific cavalry charge and could not see through the smoke where to click. Just let me say that historically commanding a brigade in that chaos should have been a nightmare and you can easily understand why ney did not do this or blucher did not do that.

Glad that TWKing enjoyed the fight. Hope I didn't sound too demanding, leading the Adige rievr column is not an easy task even on the tenth try, I cannot figure out on the first.

TW_king
Villein
Villein

Postby TW_king » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:39 pm

It is ok It is a big pain for the artillery though and those rocks where the no help either.

Lord Desaix
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Desaix » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:46 pm

TW_king wrote:It is ok It is a big pain for the artillery though and those rocks where the no help either.

Yes, indeed following road is the only way up. Not easy when you are dealing simultaneously with other 25 units.

Return to “NTW3 HB”