Lord Desaix wrote:\
Now my suggestions are:
1) Change tree textures because in winter we either have green leaves or no leaves at all.
2) Add some brushes to stream borders
3) Flatten some building areas
4) Add more realistic terrain modifiers for stream banks
5) Change deployment of russian forces. I read that russians were already in Marchais when french arrived there. This is almost impossible in game and makes for a hard battle for russians if they have to attack uphill.
6) Decrease guerds stats, beside all lot of units had low statistic due to many conscripts push into guard unit to boost their morale.
1. Now that we have a working pack file we can do that. I'll need this for La Rothiere aswell.
2. I can do this. There was a time when I had bushes in the streams(it appears thats how the vegetation is growing) but it looked really weird.
3.We already agreed to this
4.Want to change all streams to deep water ground type? Plus I would like to make the river at the southern end of the map impassable. Can you do that without using the water table?
5.After my play test I thought about Marchais too. I was on the verge of occupying it when my attention was needed else where, and my troops got caught out of square. My opponent didn't understand why I backed off, he believed I could have taken it. The deployments now reflect about a 930 1000 hours start time moving the deployments so the russians have Marchais would be about 1200 hours. That would make all reinforcements available earlier. Also it would make the Russian cavalry more prone to French cavalry, since they will be starting a lot closer to each other, but this can be played around with.
6.Of course this is 1814 we are talking about, so the stats need to be toned down a bit. I would say so more for the cavalry then infantry.