HB Ver 2.4 download (outdated!!!)

For all discussions about Napoleon's Eagles, the historical mode for NTW3 by Lord Dessaix
BlueMAx
Yeoman
Yeoman

Re: HB Ver 2.4 download

Postby BlueMAx » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Lord Desaix wrote:\
Now my suggestions are:

1) Change tree textures because in winter we either have green leaves or no leaves at all.
2) Add some brushes to stream borders
3) Flatten some building areas
4) Add more realistic terrain modifiers for stream banks
5) Change deployment of russian forces. I read that russians were already in Marchais when french arrived there. This is almost impossible in game and makes for a hard battle for russians if they have to attack uphill.
6) Decrease guerds stats, beside all lot of units had low statistic due to many conscripts push into guard unit to boost their morale.

1. Now that we have a working pack file we can do that. I'll need this for La Rothiere aswell.

2. I can do this. There was a time when I had bushes in the streams(it appears thats how the vegetation is growing) but it looked really weird.

3.We already agreed to this

4.Want to change all streams to deep water ground type? Plus I would like to make the river at the southern end of the map impassable. Can you do that without using the water table?

5.After my play test I thought about Marchais too. I was on the verge of occupying it when my attention was needed else where, and my troops got caught out of square. My opponent didn't understand why I backed off, he believed I could have taken it. The deployments now reflect about a 930 1000 hours start time moving the deployments so the russians have Marchais would be about 1200 hours. That would make all reinforcements available earlier. Also it would make the Russian cavalry more prone to French cavalry, since they will be starting a lot closer to each other, but this can be played around with.

6.Of course this is 1814 we are talking about, so the stats need to be toned down a bit. I would say so more for the cavalry then infantry.

Ziuk
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Ziuk » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:46 pm

Raszyn village:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2852 ... 838033.jpg
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6139/nap ... 837556.jpg

NTW3_maps_hist_v24.pack > battleterrain > ntw3_hist_raszyn1809 > blendmap_alpha.jpg

White areas : cobbled stone or other texture which can be set in textures.xml. For example Gorzyce-Wrzawy uses special texture for dirt road (textures.xml.). You can use only 1 special texture for roads but it doesnt not mean that you cannot paint roads on colour_map_0.jpg.
Among the Quadi at the Granua.

[NBC]Friant
Knight
Knight

Postby [NBC]Friant » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Friant i know that after Histwar each battle in NTW looks amazing for you ;)

I think HW looks great, anything looks great without those pathetic morale indicators... :wink:
This is supposed to be HB for gods sake... :rolleyes: :mrgreen:
Like your idea about French level of victory dependent on how much of the guard Desaix, but could you imagine trying to workout who/who didn't move what?
What about something along the lines of Quatre Bras as with Quiot, that could work?

Ziuk
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Ziuk » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:59 pm

About guard:

Sometimes Napoleon used parts of guard to support regular troops: For example during Heilsberg, new guard units:

1er Fusiliers de la Garde ~ Savary
2e Fusiliers de la Garde ~ Savary
Artillerie-á-Pied de la Garde ~ Savary

particiapted in first phase of battle. We need to reduce asymmetry between russian/prussian elite troops and french guard units.
Among the Quadi at the Granua.

BlueMAx
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby BlueMAx » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Ziuk wrote:Raszyn village:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2852 ... 838033.jpg
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6139/nap ... 837556.jpg

NTW3_maps_hist_v24.pack > battleterrain > ntw3_hist_raszyn1809 > blendmap_alpha.jpg

White areas : cobbled stone or other texture which can be set in textures.xml. For example Gorzyce-Wrzawy uses special texture for dirt road (textures.xml.). You can use only 1 special texture for roads but it doesnt not mean that you cannot paint roads on colour_map_0.jpg.

It's great to have work arounds, so instead of just criticizing or suggesting why don't you explain how to do it.

I think what I said before and what you are trying to say are the same thing. I believe what I said would work really well. As a map making community we need a consensus for the procedure to do it. I can tell Desaix did this by the ground_type_map for Raszyn, because the
main highway is black and the dirt roads are a grayish color. This why we can have copple for the roads and dirt.

I'm looking at the Raszyn unit_movement_tables and wondering which ground type is for the main highway, I'm assuming its just road, and which type is for the dirt road.

I see many different types of roads in the unit_movement_tables, but for the list of colors I have for the ground_type_map there is only 1 color for roads. This is why I suggested using something like field_ploughed_wet for dirt roads then we can have coppled roads just for the highway.

BlueMAx
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby BlueMAx » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:09 am

Disregard this post for new post.

BlueMAx
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby BlueMAx » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:07 am

Here is a new pack file to fix the bugged units. Took me awhile to figure out the square button for round shot but I got it!!!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9pykqj08v4ljgh/NTW3_hb_montmirail_v24.zip

Instructions:

Download
Unpack
Move to data folder replacing old Montmirail pack file

Lord Desaix
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Desaix » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:44 am

Can you tell what did you fix and where. We run the risk to duplicate files, to have misaligned version of csv. Any change in unit stats or xml files must be first fixed in the master files which I don't think I gave to you. I suggest to have some days to locate as much as bug as we can and then to deliver a fixed version to minimize incompatibility issues.

BlueMAx
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby BlueMAx » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:39 am

What theres a master file that you are holding back from me!!!!!!

For the I&II/Eclaireur and 35th light art and 50th jagers I changed the file spacing and rank spacing in the unit_stats_land tables.

For the 13th Positional and 28th kight artillery I deleted the special abilities socket bayonet and square formation from all the .xml files from mp_historical_battles.

These are some easy fixes to get more acurrate results from play testing

Lord Desaix
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Desaix » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:50 pm

BlueMAx wrote:What theres a master file that you are holding back from me!!!!!!

For the I&II/Eclaireur and 35th light art and 50th jagers I changed the file spacing and rank spacing in the unit_stats_land tables.

For the 13th Positional and 28th kight artillery I deleted the special abilities socket bayonet and square formation from all the .xml files from mp_historical_battles.

These are some easy fixes to get more acurrate results from play testing

To generate xml files I use csv sheets which are almost the same but one column which tells units allocation to players (1 to 4 for french, 5 to 8 for allies). Each sheet has information about unit abilities so I need to correct them to avoid later replication of mistake (let's say you want to change scale).

I will pack all my files (including battle preferences files which store data for scale, map, weather...) so that you can work alone on battle
You will need last version of HIBAM which I'm about to upload

From now on better to shift to Montmirail topic...cya there

viiia
Villein
Villein

Postby viiia » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Amazing!! thank you so much!1

Return to “NTW3 HB”