FireTight's battles

Here you can post your NTW3 battle results.
FireTight
Gentleman
Gentleman

Re: FireTight's battles

Postby FireTight » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:54 am

3rd March 2015 -- 4v4 -- Classic battle -- win (as Great Britain)

What a shame there were so many crashes, it ended up being yoyo + me vs latour, later yoyo + me vs ai, but the battle was already decided. Anyway, gg to all players.

Replay: http://ulozto.net/xaDJZKZu/ntw3-150303- ... she-replay

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:42 am

There was a moment that we were playing 4vs2 ,i dont know how we managed to win this .
.☠. Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
https://www.youtube.com/user/oOIYvYIOo

FireTight
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby FireTight » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:29 pm

12th March 2015 -- 4v4 -- Classic battle -- lose (as France)

Once again I had one of my battles, where I can't do crap aka "I'm useless dead meat". But overall, it was very nice and very long battle.

Replay: http://ulozto.net/xQeGEvK1/ntw3-150312- ... rak-replay

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:59 am

FireTight wrote:12th March 2015 -- 4v4 -- Classic battle -- lose (as France)

Once again I had one of my battles, where I can't do crap aka "I'm useless dead meat". But overall, it was very nice and very long battle.

Thats what happen to traitors :evil:

FireTight
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby FireTight » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:17 pm

13th March 2015 -- 4v4 -- LoC battle -- win (as Italy)

Nice, I bounced back. Very nice battle, worth to watch.

Replay: http://ulozto.net/x4iRAhkU/ntw3-150313- ... lie-replay

Video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neNQEKfGyws[/youtube]
Last edited by FireTight on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:38 pm

I hope you have formed columns before square ... because if in real life a unit could form a square with in 100 seconds or less , and sometimes when runing ,in this game ,by scale , that makes what , 2 seconds to form a square ... oh shyt ... after all CA got it ... after all the lcs is just for the less skilled players that launch cavalry in suicide charges thinking that their oponent is sleeping and than ups , you got caught by noob cavalry charges .
Or as Chrome says , its not a square that you have to be in or column,its more a triangule . :lol:

DOC
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby DOC » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:07 pm

oOIYvYIOo wrote:I hope you have formed columns before square ... because if in real life a unit could form a square with in 100 seconds or less , and sometimes when runing ,in this game ,by scale , that makes what , 2 seconds to form a square ... oh shyt ... after all CA got it ... after all the lcs is just for the less skilled players that launch cavalry in suicide charges thinking that their oponent is sleeping and than ups , you got caught by noob cavalry charges .
Or as Chrome says , its not a square that you have to be in or column,its more a triangule . :lol:

Nice cherry picking there Motta, i thought i recognised the wording, here is the full quote,

Whenever officers saw that enemy's cavalry was moving forward and making preparations for attack they started forming squares. Such movements of cavalry were already noticed at approx. 1-1.5 km. through field glasses.

According to French regulations of 1791 if the infantry was in line it sould be able to form square in 100 sec. If they were in attack column (colonne d'attaque) 30 sec. were enough.
At Leipzig the Austrian "5th Jager Battalion formed square at a run (!), delivered a volley, and waited its fate with bayonets at the ready." (Nafziger - "Napoleon at Leipzig" p 229)

Square could be also formed from column with full or half intervals. Actually to form a square was easier from a column with intervals than from line. It was expected that average trained battalion will form a hollow square in 2-3 min. In battle the infantry will need 4-6 min. To form a square from 2 battalions took approx. twice longer time. The better trained and accustomed to battle conditions infantry needed shorter time than raw troops.

To form a square of equal faces took up to 2 times as long as forming an oblong.

So regulations say 100 secs, yep but everyone knows regs arent really worth a damn in the real world, forming a square on a parade ground, with no mates dying all around you and its nice and quiet, probably a peice of piss, but as it states, in actual battle it would have taken 4-6 mins from line, with going from column to square being a bit faster. So you can take your magic button and noob slanging bullshit and shove it. Nothing worse than someone cherry picking information for their own ends.
[NBC] DOC

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:29 pm

DOC wrote:Nice cherry picking there Motta, i thought i recognised the wording, here is the full quote,

Whenever officers saw that enemy's cavalry was moving forward and making preparations for attack they started forming squares. Such movements of cavalry were already noticed at approx. 1-1.5 km. through field glasses.

According to French regulations of 1791 if the infantry was in line it sould be able to form square in 100 sec. If they were in attack column (colonne d'attaque) 30 sec. were enough.
At Leipzig the Austrian "5th Jager Battalion formed square at a run (!), delivered a volley, and waited its fate with bayonets at the ready." (Nafziger - "Napoleon at Leipzig" p 229)

Square could be also formed from column with full or half intervals. Actually to form a square was easier from a column with intervals than from line. It was expected that average trained battalion will form a hollow square in 2-3 min. In battle the infantry will need 4-6 min. To form a square from 2 battalions took approx. twice longer time. The better trained and accustomed to battle conditions infantry needed shorter time than raw troops.

To form a square of equal faces took up to 2 times as long as forming an oblong.

So regulations say 100 secs, yep but everyone knows regs arent really worth a damn in the real world, forming a square on a parade ground, with no mates dying all around you and its nice and quiet, probably a peice of piss, but as it states, in actual battle it would have taken 4-6 mins from line, with going from column to square being a bit faster. So you can take your magic button and noob slanging bullshit and shove it. Nothing worse than someone cherry picking information for their own ends.

You dont even understand what you quote :rolleyes: .
You just confirm that im correct , that ingame squares are almost timed corrected . 100 seconds in real life,on 1791 , on 1791, let me write again 1791,the game is based in 1805 i think the drills were way more acurated therefore the performance on the battlefield too, therefore some 5 to 2 seconds to do them ingame ,perfect.
Thank you , please feel free to leave other quotes of books, as i dont have any , i use common sense and knowledge,equal,natural intelegence.
And you just confirmed that this rule,like the embebed art,etc,etc are to please the ones that dont pocess skill and knowledge and just need to create tools to give them more chances to win battles and as everyone knows, cavalry is the best buddy on HB filosophy.
Thank you DOC .

Its so childness from you ,that you just come on Lordz forum ,and again ,trying to provoque me after trying to provoque me in a battle 10 mnts ago .Pathetic.

But i enjoyed your childness cinism as always. I regreat the day i recruited you and trained you to join BPA and introduce you to HB,not because you did not worth wearing that clan tag or that you pocess no skill ingame or knowledge, no, just because your uneducated without knowing.
Stay away from my path,as i have always done,not once my words or thoughts were about you , not now not ever .

I will not post anymore here on Firetight topic, sorry about this.

DOC
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby DOC » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:41 pm

oOIYvYIOo wrote:
DOC wrote:Nice cherry picking there Motta, i thought i recognised the wording, here is the full quote,

You dont even understand what you quote :rolleyes: .
You just confirm that im correct , that ingame squares are almost timed corrected . 100 seconds in real life,on 1791 , on 1791, let me write again 1791, therefore some 5 to 2 seconds ingame ,perfect.
Thank you , please feel free to leave other quotes of books, as i dont have any , i use common sense and knowledge,equal,natural intelegence.
And you just confirmed that this rule,like the embebed art,etc,etc are to please the ones that dont pocess skill and knowledge and just need to create tools to give them more chances to win battles .
Thank you DOC .

Its so childness from you ,that you just come on Lordz forum ,and again ,trying to provoque me after trying to provoque me in a battle 10 mnts ago .Pathetic.

But i enjoyed your childness cinism as always. I regreat the day i recruited you and trained you to join BPA and introduce you to HB,not because you did not worth wearing that clan tag or that you pocess no skill ingame or knowledge, no, just because your uneducated without knowing.
Stay away from my path,as i have always done,not once my words or thoughts were about you , not now not ever .

Provoke no, but im not going to read your cherry picked drivel without replying, plus if you are going to make a defacto statement then you HAVE to back it up with facts, not with, just because i know that im right. You werent there so unless you read about it then you dont KNOW do you.

No, the regulation was WRITTEN in 1791, more than likely by officers who didnt have a clue about real world battles. IN ACTUAL BATTLE, it took an AVERAGE battalion to form square 4-6 mins. 70% of armies of the time must have been made up of average battalions. My god 100 secs for 500-600 men to wheel in opposite directions and facings, get a grip.
[NBC] DOC

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:51 pm

Hm i wonder ... how Napoelon manage to march torward their enemies ,on numerous ocasions outnumbered , numerous ocasions in 2 and 1 line deep with is Battalions AND being outnumbered he marched,and he won , with enemy cavalry on is horizonts and still he marched ... suicide missions probably since light cavalry was always on the flanks scouting,because on a 2 or 1 line deep ,by HB logic there was no way to form square ,yes scouting, has it should be their role on this mod and specially on the beloved HB . And Cuirassiers, has reserve,slow, powerful and very value as it should be used on this mod and specially on HB.
BUT since people dont have patient to outflank with infantry and artillery maneuvers and less patient to play battles for more than 1 hour, and cavalry is the fastest unit in the game and the fastest way to end a game , of course the numero 1 anti-cavalry formation must be wrong .
All of this must come from my imagination ,the 2500 hours of game play with each TW game i have comes from my imagination,the tournaments i have been in on TW community, the 15 years of TW,the very low quality nooks i read ,must come from my imagination,my military recruitment as come from my imagination,museums,being invited by Catholic Universities to work for them for field researchs must come from my imagination.
A person when saying to other that thinking by himself that he has to have some books/quotes on is speech or else he doesnt know what his talking about , just prooves that that one that is pointing the finger doesnt have much of a brain and humility.
DOC go get some sleep and stop digging more and more your hall,and be more humble on your cinical child commentaries.

DOC
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby DOC » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:10 am

Ok so now we change argument direction towards moving in line. Not sure why but ok, so now your saying that because troops moved forward in line on numerous occasions that this was the preferred method. Computer says no, how do you think the French won so many victories in the early years, tactical flexibility through the evolvement of the column of waiting, you probably don't know what that is, or a column with half intervals because you don't need to read books, you were just born with all the knowledge of the napoleon wars. Your arrogance astounds me.

I take it that Desaix must be wrong about squares after all the research he put into it and that Davidov doesn't know what he's talking about even though he is busy finishing his honours degree in history. All wrong because you said so. Well for me I'm going to believe what I've read from the many varying sources that I've had the pleasure to read and the many discussions I have with numerous hb players, you can stay in your own napoleon fantasy land where real many moved like lightening just as if you were telling them to with a click of a mouse button.

By the way what the Hell has playing a computer game on a nice comfy chair got to do with how battalions formed square on a battlefield. Also just to show what happens when infantry are caught in line unprepared to receive cavalry read what happened to Omptedas men at Waterloo when they were slaughtered by curaissiers near la haye sainte.
[NBC] DOC

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:40 am

DOC wrote:By the way what the Hell has playing a computer game on a nice comfy chair got to do with how battalions formed square on a battlefield.

:shocked: :eek: this says all , what a hell we are talking about then,computer with realism ...
There is no words to describe this ...
With all the books you keep quoting and all the experience as militar you had , you still cant implement all that knowledge in this kids game to win a battle and on the forums ... this says all .

DOC wrote:tactical flexibility through the evolvement of the column of waiting,

I cannot believe that you being a former military just wrote this ... column was a formation to march on roads and behind the lines ... this is in all the books ,credible ones ... seriously more and more you loose any credibility you might had ... even Napoleon did not adopted column march on the majority of his battles ... and you just quoted again something that gives me reason. column of waiting,even if i have never heard,read,or understand this before ,it was used for maneuvers behind the lines and on roads ,since when you ever HAD COLUMNS MARCHING ON A FRONT FIRST LINE OR A ARMY NEVER . Use your head and research on your books,yes read them, how numerous Generals refused to use the column as it was predictble,a very very easy target for artillery.
OMG :exclaim:
No more for me ,if i keep going on this you might actual convice me of your imaginary understanding of your fantasy ntw 3.
A last advice ,please, read your books dont buy them and read 2 pages and send them to the shelf.

DOC
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby DOC » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:51 pm

OMG you don't 3ven have a basic understanding of how warfare changed between 1750 and 1780 from the traditional linear style battles into what became synonymous with napoleon, the impulse system ie the tactical use of columns on the battlefield. Do you even know who actually first brought this about because it wasn't the French. Do you even know how these changes were able to be brought about, probably not, but I'll tell you, it was through the introduction of cadence marching. Here's a little fact for you during linear times commanders would form line approx. 1000-2000 paces from the Enemy with the introduction of the new manoeuvres troops could deploy into line approx 400-500 paces from the Enemy.

Have to go but the lesson shall continue shortly because I am heartily sick of your praiting and how you have absolutely no understanding of how the tactics evolved during the time period.
[NBC] DOC

FireTight
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby FireTight » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:39 pm

I'm almost starting to be scared to post my battle reports, because these offtopic discussions are starting to be ridiculous. :D

DOC
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby DOC » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:55 pm

Apologies firetight didn't mean to hijack your original thread.
[NBC] DOC

MAK
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby MAK » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:11 pm

FireTight wrote:I'm almost starting to be scared to post my battle reports, because these offtopic discussions are starting to be ridiculous. :D

dont be afraid - there was more heat arguments in past :mrgreen:

just a small hint - maybe dont post battles at aar where you win and opponent team had to live with a drop... makes victory smaller :wink:

but go on - nice to see active people and your work is a good advertisment for the mod ! allways nice to see your reports !
not elected leader of BPA ( Dictator )

http://bpalliance.freeforums.org/

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:07 pm

FireTight wrote:I'm almost starting to be scared to post my battle reports, because these offtopic discussions are starting to be ridiculous. :D

... you nab
Yes and with people that now talk about 1750 warfare to excuse a formation that is in a game based 50 years after :shocked: cucu ... if this continues he will start to debate on 15 century to justify is lack of understanding and ingame skill to excuse is cavalry use ... i surrender , your not mentally well . See a real Doctor .

And again being cinical ,on AAR on HB section of Firetight post, the spamm and trolling doesnt end but there he doenst ask for apologizes,what a snake. :rolleyes:
And dont worry that Fire has already understand the concept of HB and the quality of the people there.

MAK ,is BPA competing with N clan for recruitment this last weeks ... leave Fire alone :razz: , you can try to get back you ex-former BPA englishmen , Rim,Element,DOC,Davidov :mrgreen:

FireTight
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby FireTight » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:36 am

MAK wrote:just a small hint - maybe dont post battles at aar where you win and opponent team had to live with a drop... makes victory smaller :wink:

There were no drops in the last battle I posted. :)

FireTight
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby FireTight » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:59 am

15th March 2015 -- 3v3 -- LoC battle -- lose (as Bavaria)

Well, it was more of a 2v3, because our ally, PETERsON, was a complete noob, which won't be that bad, but he was also total coward. He was just standing in our deployment zone doing nothing. So while yoyo was defending the middle LOC point, I was trying to hold my ground against two sweedish armies. I think it was really an epic battle + we were winning... until yoyo dropped cca 15 mins before the end. Then the other guy left, so I was left alone and lost. But still, amazing battle.

Replay: http://ulozto.net/xahK4HiW/ntw3-150315- ... ema-replay

Video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFoaD6j1s18[/youtube]
Last edited by FireTight on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MAK
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby MAK » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:02 am

oOIYvYIOo wrote:MAK ,is BPA competing with N clan for recruitment this last weeks ... leave Fire alone :razz: , you can try to get back you ex-former BPA englishmen , Rim,Element,DOC,Davidov :mrgreen:

Rim and Element was also members of your SS... what about you take them back to your clan ? :angry-cussingwhite:
not elected leader of BPA ( Dictator )

http://bpalliance.freeforums.org/

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:45 pm

MAK wrote:Rim and Element was also members of your SS... what about you take them back to your clan ? :angry-cussingwhite:

They did not removed the Dirndl they were wearing ,the oficial BPA uniform ...

And MAK chill out, i dont know where you see this as a offence to BPA ,my BPA.
Every clan here or in any community have passed for this situation before.
And you as a German ,know well what my clan coat of arms means and if you dont what it means i can give you some History lessons.

turcoman
Villein
Villein

Postby turcoman » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:52 pm

MAK wrote:

just a small hint - maybe dont post battles at aar where you win and opponent team had to live with a drop... makes victory smaller :wink:

but go on - nice to see active people and your work is a good advertisment for the mod ! allways nice to see your reports !

I would say the same for BPA reports in BPA forum, though it seems like a clan forum, it was in public section. I have not seen a comment about the drop of Napoleon_FRP whilst Napoleon or Mr. Blop Charge and me, Mr. Mass Artillery ( :smile: ),if i am allowed to quote from BPA_Aldi's report, was attacking on british, when the situation was evenly balanced.

I would also say that BPA only shares their victories :) I was not able to see the LOC game that we won vs BPA Ux MAK and Royale with Duca Lupo and Napoleon_FRP. That makes the victories in the forum even smaller as well i guess :)
Soldats! Faites votre devoir! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu!

FireTight
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby FireTight » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:57 pm

22nd March 2015 -- 4v4 -- Regular battle -- lose (as Poland)

Two French armies attacked on our right flank, while me and ALDi were defending middle/left flank against three armies. Unfortunately, Beauharnais managed to do enough casualties so when they finally reached us, we were unable to break our enemies.

Replay: http://ulozto.net/xd9jGYdf/ntw3-150322- ... aci-replay

YouTube:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTWVgndMtFI[/youtube]
Last edited by FireTight on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Grognard]_Christ2burd
Esquire
Esquire

Postby [Grognard]_Christ2burd » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:48 pm

GGA Gentlemens ! :clap:
The Basques attached their knives on guns and kill the Spanish-
Bayonne in 1642 claimed a new weapon

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Congratulations Firetight not that easy to stand against Christ that long especially when getting some volleys from Würt as well? Brave stand there sir.

Return to “Battle Results”