Some "suggestions" (If you can call them that)

Multiplayer Room to arange battles, follow competitions and look at clans
Lord Tayyab
Villein
Villein

Some "suggestions" (If you can call them that)

Postby Lord Tayyab » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:42 pm

Version 6.0 has been amazing and I can't seem to get enough of it. Playing with friends, even introduced 3 guys to the mod. The ONLY thing that bugs me are 2 units.
1- The Empress's Dragoons were raised in 1806 yet they aren't in France 1806. Is there a reason for this or is my information wtong (I don't mind if I'm corrected :smile: )
2- Okay, this one bugs me more than the first one. The Polish Lancers. They were supposed to be the top dogs in light cavalry, their attack of 16 is okay (not too sure, shouldn't they have higher attack as only the first rank had lances) but their charge is 8! That's too low in my opinion (however insignificant it may be), heavy cav units have a higher charge bonus than the Polish Lancers. My suggestion, give them the second highest (preferably the highest) charge bonus as other units wanted to run away as soon as they saw them coming with pointy stick at full speed. Just my two cents.
Anyways, awesome mod and awesome version, (I love the artillery in this version!). I hope you do something about these two points. If not, we you can't have everything in life. Amazing job guys, keep it up! :biggrin:

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Re: Some "suggestions" (If you can call them that)

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:54 pm

Lord Tayyab wrote:Version 6.0 has been amazing and I can't seem to get enough of it. Playing with friends, even introduced 3 guys to the mod. The ONLY thing that bugs me are 2 units.
1- The Empress's Dragoons were raised in 1806 yet they aren't in France 1806. Is there a reason for this or is my information wtong (I don't mind if I'm corrected :smile: )
2- Okay, this one bugs me more than the first one. The Polish Lancers. They were supposed to be the top dogs in light cavalry, their attack of 16 is okay (not too sure, shouldn't they have higher attack as only the first rank had lances) but their charge is 8! That's too low in my opinion (however insignificant it may be), heavy cav units have a higher charge bonus than the Polish Lancers. My suggestion, give them the second highest (preferably the highest) charge bonus as other units wanted to run away as soon as they saw them coming with pointy stick at full speed. Just my two cents.
Anyways, awesome mod and awesome version, (I love the artillery in this version!). I hope you do something about these two points. If not, we you can't have everything in life. Amazing job guys, keep it up! :biggrin:

1) Not all the guard units are in the France 1806 roster
2) Lancers were mostly used against artilery, light cavalry or line infantry. Giving them higher charge would make them able to overwhelm heavy cav in a frontal charge, which would be wrong

Lord Tayyab
Villein
Villein

Postby Lord Tayyab » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:06 pm

Lord Cosak wrote:
Lord Tayyab wrote:Version 6.0 has been amazing and I can't seem to get enough of it. Playing with friends, even introduced 3 guys to the mod. The ONLY thing that bugs me are 2 units.

1) Not all the guard units are in the France 1806 roster
2) Lancers were mostly used against artilery, light cavalry or line infantry. Giving them higher charge would make them able to overwhelm heavy cav in a frontal charge, which would be wrong

Lord Cosak thank you for the timely reply, I apologize for not replying earlier, was out of town. I won't get into the Lancer debate with you because I'm sure you guys have split hairs while trying to decide what action to take. Another thing that I think is a bug of sorts (might be I'm the only one who experiences this), Whenever I charge the infantry with cavalry from the flanks, they seem to run IN FRONT of the shooting infantry and lose half the unit and rout. The only option I have, them, is to charge from the rear which is not always feasible. Any thoughts?

Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Sloop » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:19 pm

A fine line to walk is the ballance between cavalry and infantry that no longer has square. Perhaps now the close fire is their best defense and still not nearly as effective as square. A flank charge by cavalry should be devastating but unfortunately to change this effect is probably impossible and infantry would be almost helpless. Like any good marriage compromises must be made.

Then again these Lordz are quite inovative so we shall see.

Return to “NTW3 MP”