Some discussion about MP

Multiplayer Room to arange battles, follow competitions and look at clans
Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Some discussion about MP

Postby Sloop » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:36 pm

So I brushed up on my French, Russian, and a little on my English and I was astonished to read that there would be anyone who believes that artillery is OP or that camping is effective. The immobile nature of artillery greatly reduces it's effectiveness, relegating it to a liability that must be protected with other resources. The mistake of camping gives up all other ground to the enemy and eliminates the most effective tactic in this game; maneuver.

LOC eliminates camping so the only scenario I can imagine where red-line hill camping could be successful would be a Death Match with a perfect map and utterly static boring opponents. It has been my experience that regardless of their position, utterly static boring opponents are easily defeated.

The two steps for victory:
1) Maneuver attack, maneuver attack, maneuver attack.
2) If step one fails then run away and repeat step one again.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:19 am

@Kagemusha : mes derniers éclaircissements :

• Il y eut jusqu'à 8 canons sur cette petite colline, et pas 10 comme je l'ai écrit, pardon pour cette approximation ;
  • Quand j'écris "On a surtout perdu car j'ai crashé", cela veut dire que sans mon crash nous n'avions pas perdu à coup sûr, ni gagné, et que la défaite vient d'un coup du sort ;
  • "Shameful" est maladroit, j'aurais plutôt dû écrire "ugly" qui est plus subjectif, je reconnais mon inélégance sur cet adjectif ;
  • Tu défends ardemment tes compagnons, c'est le point le plus positif de tout cela ;
  • Un Grognard ça grogne ;

@Sloop: Grognards play "static and boring" especially against you, hoping you'll fall asleep before your unescapable triumph

Your comment about easy wins against camping is true in LOC, in which most N have more experience than I have. Although in DM I wouldn't state the same. Experienced teams have soundly lost in such conditions.

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:49 am

In fact Cosak suggested 1-2 times about loc tourney and everytime i remained distant incorrectly cause:
1) I was afraid it would create more problems as the result screen shows a draw always,
2) I dont like fighting for houses and always prefer a deathmatch even if my opponents stay on hills with arty.

But I think it must be tried, no need to insist on playing ONLY deathmatches as loc is created by lordz too anyway and fun for most ... but course DMs will always be with us no doubt. ^^

Kage mate i respect your sensitiveness on the issue. Course someone may want to use the advantage of high ground and their guns, nothing wrong with that I just hope we can finish our games with less drops. I am sure lordz will find the best arty balance. Activity here the most important thing and is respectable. Lepic, Condarco, Brown, Heisenberg, Wym, Alpha, ALFR ... many more i didnt mention all very valuable officers for this mod like Templar, HILLER and other clans. How many we are playing the mod continuously 20?..30..40? In the past many times there were discussions ending no where so please lets move on leaving these behind. Both veteran clans both respectable officers which will have more and more battles together so ... ^^
NTW3 Ver. 5-(5.1)-6 (Jan 2015 – Nov 2016)
NTW2 & NTW3 Ver. 1-2-3 (Sep 2009 – June 2013)

Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Sloop » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:26 pm

Lord Cosak wrote:@Sloop: Grognards play "static and boring" especially against you, hoping you'll fall asleep before your unescapable triumph.
Typical of pubescent Grognards to take advantage of an old man who falls asleep regardless of the play.

Lord Cosak wrote:Your comment about easy wins against camping is true in LOC, in which most N have more experience than I have. Although in DM I wouldn't state the same. Experienced teams have soundly lost in such conditions.
I will admit, this would be our Achilles heel, our Emperors demand the attack, the culture of [N] is offense. Not to say we are suicidal, but should the enemy camp the impossible position then we must welcome the impossible challenge.

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:51 am

Lord Lancier wrote:1) I was afraid it would create more problems as the result screen shows a draw always,
2) I dont like fighting for houses and always prefer a deathmatch even if my opponents stay on hills with arty.

Lord Lancier, :naughty: ,if a LOC battle ends with a draw ,that its on the majority of the cases, the first aspect that will give victory, is always the total of who receives more pontuation of the strategically areas of the battle fields ,LOC .If there is a draw on this aspects, the factor that tie ,is the ratio of kills .
So the team that kills more , wins. And why, because in teorytically ,and also in the majority of the cases, reflects the team that had more hability to inflict casualties in the enemy ,defensively and of offensively. Yes defensively and of offensively, there is merit for both .
Because on a LOC , if you reach firstly on a LOC area,you just have to defend it . And you have to study and plan well your strategy that will allow your comrades to control a LOC ,or the best ones (best meaning defensively),with minium casualties or even without any contact with the enemy.
Thousands of victories were gloriously achieved by the defensive aspect of the winner, strategically,tactically.
As whos acts defensively is in the majority of the cases ,the weakest one, or with even more merit is the one ,when both side are equally balanced, forces and or manipulate is oponent to fight where the defender wishes.
And those are always unforgettable battles.
LOC battles,for me, are the best representation of a real battle field, what counts is the the strategy ,tactic,study of the field,use of the roads ,houses, elevations.
Yes i have been always a defender of LOC :violin: . You do not loose anything by trying but you loose the knowledge of the result .
.☠. Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
https://www.youtube.com/user/oOIYvYIOo

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:24 am

No doubt Sir Motta but i always prefered to have a word 'Victory' or 'Defeat' written on the result screen for everyones eyes instead of a 'Draw' to stay on the safe side for the good of tourney's health ^^ Nice smileys btw. ;>

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:53 am

Lord Lancier wrote:No doubt Sir Motta but i always prefered to have a word 'Victory' or 'Defeat' written on the result screen for everyones eyes instead of a 'Draw' to stay on the safe side for the good of tourney's health ^^ Nice smileys btw. ;>

:think: , but still as i said , you do not loose nothing if you organized one LOC event :angry: :exclaim:

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:23 pm

Sure, sure we will give it a try mate,soon after GM5 Austerlitz hopefully. Eylau maybe as Feb. is coming ? ^^ And see how it goes ... ^^
oOIYvYIOo wrote:
Lord Lancier wrote:No doubt Sir Motta but i always prefered to have a word 'Victory' or 'Defeat' written on the result screen for everyones eyes instead of a 'Draw' to stay on the safe side for the good of tourney's health ^^ Nice smileys btw. ;>

:think: , but still as i said , you do not loose nothing if you organized one LOC event :angry: :exclaim:

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:55 pm

Lord Lancier wrote:Sure, sure we will give it a try mate,soon after GM5 Austerlitz hopefully. Eylau maybe as Feb. is coming ? ^^ And see how it goes ... ^^
oOIYvYIOo wrote:

I was kidding my friend, you do as you wish its better , i just wanted to point that there is no losse by having at least 1 event of LOC .

MAK
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby MAK » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:07 pm

LOC tournament sounds good Idea - and you can play it like a deathmatch lancier - just kill your opponent in 60 mins :wink:
not elected leader of BPA ( Dictator )

http://bpalliance.freeforums.org/

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:07 am

Yes, sure, lets make the next 3v3 one, a LoC tourney. I must break my prejudice towards loc ^^
I will work with Cosak and Lepic on this. We are on Austerlitz now, after starting NW and Eylau we program the loc tourney then.

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:48 am

gents, keep your fridays and sundays free ^^... soon

Return to “NTW3 MP”