Grand battery

Multiplayer Room to arange battles, follow competitions and look at clans
Vilain de Bourg-en-Bresse
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Grand battery

Postby Vilain de Bourg-en-Bresse » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:00 am

The grand battery is not seen very often on the field, which is a positiv thing from my personal point of view. I was wondering, however, if it couldn't be made into a more aggressive tool, by changing the gun types to 6 pounders and - as somebody suggested earlier - removing the limbers, which would allow the crews to open fire as soon as they interrupt their advance. ("The Great War" mod proves that removing the limbers without losing the ability to move the guns is possible.)
Imho, this would be more realistic then massing 12lber guns, which probably are going to be used in a defensive, stationary manner then, wouldn't it? And the accuracy of the grand batteries seems too high as well, considering the smoke, they would produce. Jst my 2 cents.
VENIVIDICITIDI

FireTight
Gentleman
Gentleman

Re: Grand battery

Postby FireTight » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:26 pm

About that "removing the limbers" - I think it would be nice to add this feature to the "one cannon" units to use them as some kind of infantry support light arty.

Seimour01
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Seimour01 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:29 pm

There is a lot of evidence that the french massed batteries ready to fire and moved forward with them to unleash devastating volleys at close range. For instance, at Borodino, the french moved up a redoupt with a large battery and fired once they reached the top to clear the way for the cuirassiers and voltigeurs to charge.

Not sure how well this can be implemented in game though.
You can do anything with bayonets except sit on them.

Gonzo
Villein
Villein

Postby Gonzo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:55 pm

I would like to see ability to not sure how it would be in english "gwożdżenie artylerii" tapping artillery or nailing art.

Return to “NTW3 MP”