Trouble With Ports

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
zimmer1lb
Yeoman
Yeoman

Trouble With Ports

Postby zimmer1lb » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:54 pm

I took my fleet (French) to Antwerp to get rebuilt. I can't rebuild it and can't get my fleet out to sea or to another port. Several of my ports will only build fortifications and no ships. Any ideas on what to do ??

Lord Davn

Re: Trouble With Ports

Postby Lord Davn » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:22 pm

Regarding naval recruitment in the 1805 Europe campaign; the three major naval factions, British, French and Spanish all have numerous ports throughout their home regions. We gave each of them 2 drydock facilities to build and repair ships (a shipyard & dock yard), the rest are trade ports.

“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:50 pm

Lord Wesley provided his expertise on the naval fleets for the other factions with considerable size navies. Due to the constraints of the campaign map the Russians, Ottomans, Batavian Republic, Denmark, Sweden have a combination of dry dock and commercial port facilities that are available to them.

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:35 pm

The port defense units were added to the British & French factions to reduce the AI's relentless trade port raiding between the two factions. They represent older ships (50-gun SoL) that were anchored or grounded on reefs at the port entrances for defend against raiders. These units have no sailing points but can be moved one square in and out of port so when moving your fleet out of a port just omit the port_defense unit and sail on
:violence-duel:

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”