Game Crashing in Milan please Help!

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
bodger
Serf

Game Crashing in Milan please Help!

Postby bodger » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:28 pm

So I am about 35 hours down in my campaign for the medallion of the imperial psychopath and I have run into a problem, Milan. Every time i fight a battle for Milan the game crashes just as I am on the brink of victory. I have attacked the city from all angles (to get different maps) over several turns (probably helps nothing but thought I would try it) and every time it crashes. I expect the odd crash from NTW3 all par for the course and this mod is so fantastic I am happy to put up with the odd crash however I have fought 9 battles for Milan now and every time it crashes. I have tried setting graphics to minimum (Normally runs max graphics no problem).
Being an imperial psychopath campaign resources are stretched too thin for autoresolve to help.

I'm hoping someone out there can help!

Thanks in Advance
Bodger

Lord Davn

Re: Game Crashing in Milan please Help!

Postby Lord Davn » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:43 pm

First suggestion is to adjust your graphic settings lower, as the battle progresses the graphic card has to draw up all of the carnage on the battlefield. It must also keep the campaign map running in the bavkgriund while awaiting the out come of the battle, this will put a full load on most cpu's & gpu's.
https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Spiele-Thema-239104/Tests/Napoleon-Total-War-CPU-benchmarks-and-tuning-tips-705532/

Second suggestion is to continue the siege of Milan and roll over a turn to wear down the defends more. You can also bring up reinforcements and auto-calc the battle if nothing else works :orly: FYI the NTW3 mod for the campaign & mp classic battles is designed for Medium Size units.
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

bodger
Serf

Re: Game Crashing in Milan please Help!

Postby bodger » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:05 pm

I have tried dropping the graphics to minimum of everything and still no joy, I abandoned the siege and now cannot complete a battle of any size in campaign mode, very very frustrating when my pc will run any other game on max graphics and did so with this game until recently!

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”