NTW3 - V8.9 - CTD after siege battle

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
Keryyn
Villein
Villein

NTW3 - V8.9 - CTD after siege battle

Postby Keryyn » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:56 pm

Hello everyone,

After a clean NTW install and adding NTW3 8.7, then it's 8.8 and 8.9 patches i went in the 1805 coalition campaign. Everything seemed to work fine. However after I tried to take Bavaria from Austria as France something went wrong.
- battle went well and nothing weird happens, using the AR I win no matter if I attack first or wait the defender to sally out
- after the battle and once the campaign map is visible again (if I play the battle myself), game immediately crash to desktop
- I tried to take Tyrol from the Austrians too and it also CTD

I must have done something wrong though i don't see what exactly, i checked the various game files and the mod files structures, couldn't see anything wrong. Has this happened to anyone else ? I check the forum as much as i could but couldn't find relevant information for this particular situation.
I must have done something wrong with the install because naval battles and standard land battles are working fine ...

Keryyn
Villein
Villein

Re: NTW3 - V8.9 - CTD after siege battle

Postby Keryyn » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:23 pm

After a new clean install and testing everything works fine, this was an error during install probably.

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:38 pm

Open the NTW3 desktop launcher and select "Restore Vanilla" it will rewrite the vanilla files and launch the original ntw game. Check that the vanilla campaign game is working correctly, if not you will have to remove the entire ntw game and mods from your HD and reinstall the original game files from Steam.
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Keryyn
Villein
Villein

Postby Keryyn » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi,

yes i used the restore vanilla option, and made sure to remove every files from the game. Reinstallation worked. I had a crash fighting the swedish navy though. This was due to missing test_naval_captain and test_naval_bosun in the ntw3_unit_stats_naval_gf for the 64 and 74 swedish 3rd rates.

Maybe i still don't have a correct install or this was simply not a known issue. Fixed it by adding the entries to the empty cells via rpfm.

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:18 am

The Swedish navy CTD has been an ongoing issue for some time. Commodore Wesley is working on the fix you noted and recommended :lol:
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”