crash in campaign game

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
sarge11
Villein
Villein

crash in campaign game

Postby sarge11 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:58 pm

I have replayed the turn several times but the crash continues half way through the battle, French and Batavian forces against the Prussians. Is there still an issue or limit with the amount of units in a battle causing crashes, I would rather not auto resolve the battle cause I can generally get it done with less loss's. any solutions?

Lord Davn

Re: crash in campaign game

Postby Lord Davn » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Battle crashes with several large army's are mainly due to the limits that CA incorporated into the original design of NTW which was for short quick battles with a limited number of units. Many of the NTW mods including NTW3 have gone way beyond the original design limits and require a hefty pc with a good graphics card to keep running through these large mod battles.

The cpu must keep the campaign map running in the background while you fight your battle. It then has to display the results back onto the campaign map. This can tax even the higher end cpu & graphics cards if a lot of units are involved in the battle. Please post a pic of the in game "Battle Deployment" screen and include your unit size & difficulty settings along with pc specs.

“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”