Napoleon Total War 3 (NTW 3) No Sound [User Scripts File Problem]

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
alexmontgomery
Villein
Villein

Napoleon Total War 3 (NTW 3) No Sound [User Scripts File Problem]

Postby alexmontgomery » Fri May 24, 2019 2:46 am

Hello, so my current problem is that my game has no sound. Everyone seems to suggest deleting the User Scripts File, and that's precisely my problem. Everytime I delete the file, when I look back in my downloads it comes back, no matter how many times I delete this file. Can anyone help me out?
( I apologize if this thread is in the wrong spot, I'm new.)

Lord Davn

Re: Napoleon Total War 3 (NTW 3) No Sound [User Scripts File Problem]

Postby Lord Davn » Sat May 25, 2019 8:55 pm

Try deleting the preferences.script file as well, it works for me when I loose the sound.
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

alexmontgomery
Villein
Villein

Postby alexmontgomery » Mon May 27, 2019 4:01 pm

Lord Davn wrote:Try deleting the preferences.script file as well, it works for me when I loose the sound.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll try this right now.

Vilain de Bourg-en-Bresse
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Vilain de Bourg-en-Bresse » Wed May 29, 2019 6:12 pm

alexmontgomery wrote:Hello, so my current problem is that my game has no sound. Everyone seems to suggest deleting the User Scripts File, and that's precisely my problem. Everytime I delete the file, when I look back in my downloads it comes back, no matter how many times I delete this file. Can anyone help me out?

No user.script.txt -> no mod. The user.script.txt tells the game, which "pack"-files (in your game's data folder) need to be loaded for the mod to function (Unfortunately, as of recently, there are no more NTW3-prefixes tagged to the files in the data folder to tell you at one glance, which files belong to the game and which ones to the mod). What it does not show you, however, are the "movie"-files (Sound files belong there, if my memory serves me well.), because the latter type of files loads automatically - and in alphabetic order, I believe - (Hence why some mods, like Napoleon Empire Realism, do not require a user.script.txt.), which may lead to conflicts, if there are too many of them (e.g. left-over files of previously used mods).
Hope this wasn't helpful.
VENIVIDICITIDI

alexmontgomery
Villein
Villein

Postby alexmontgomery » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:34 pm

Vilain de Bourg-en-Bresse wrote:
alexmontgomery wrote:Hello, so my current problem is that my game has no sound. Everyone seems to suggest deleting the User Scripts File, and that's precisely my problem. Everytime I delete the file, when I look back in my downloads it comes back, no matter how many times I delete this file. Can anyone help me out?

No user.script.txt -> no mod. The user.script.txt tells the game, which "pack"-files (in your game's data folder) need to be loaded for the mod to function (Unfortunately, as of recently, there are no more NTW3-prefixes tagged to the files in the data folder to tell you at one glance, which files belong to the game and which ones to the mod). What it does not show you, however, are the "movie"-files (Sound files belong there, if my memory serves me well.), because the latter type of files loads automatically - and in alphabetic order, I believe - (Hence why some mods, like Napoleon Empire Realism, do not require a user.script.txt.), which may lead to conflicts, if there are too many of them (e.g. left-over files of previously used mods).
Last edited by alexmontgomery on Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexmontgomery
Villein
Villein

Postby alexmontgomery » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:36 pm

alexmontgomery wrote:

Oh, I wasn't aware of this. This may very well be the problem. Do you know of a way I could I fix this? Thanks. :smile:

alexmontgomery
Villein
Villein

Postby alexmontgomery » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:36 pm

alexmontgomery wrote:

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”