Playing as United Netherlands in NTW3 v8.0

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
harrykane140693
Serf

Playing as United Netherlands in NTW3 v8.0

Postby harrykane140693 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:37 am

So in Napoleon: Total War, the Netherlands is initially governed by the Batavian Republic and allied to France. I have played that campaign to death and would like to side with the Coalition for once (which is possible if you're willing to betray France early on, but that wouldn't make sense historically and the Coalition is still at war with you).

Darthmod allows the Dutch to switch sides, just not as the United Netherlands. Instead, you'd be playing as the Kingdom of Holland. The problem with this is that the Kingdom of Holland was the successor state of the Batavian Republic and just another French vassal, led by Napoleon's brother in fact (the in-game monarch is called Arnold for some reason).

I'm kinda bugged by this and would like to ask if it's at all possible to change this. Also, I've noticed that the navy jack for the Kingdom of Holland is the same as the national flag of the Batavian Republic. This is historically accurate, but if I'm to change the name then I'd like to change that too.

Thanks in advance!

Lord Davn

Re: Playing as United Netherlands in NTW3 v8.0

Postby Lord Davn » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:45 pm

We've based the NTW3 campaign game on the historical political factions at and their alliances the start of the War of the Third Coalition in 1805. You are certainly able to switch sides by breaking your alliance with France and make peace with the Coalition.
You will of course incur the wrath of the Emperor and be seen as an outcast by the Coalition for breaking your treaty with France. Using the diplomacy screen you can rebuild your relationships with the Coalition but it will cost time and money. Taking Belgium will raise your status with the Coalition but it will also invite the French armies to retake that region.
This could prove to be a very interesting scenario.
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Lord Liberalis
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Liberalis » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:46 pm

Interesting. I’ll take a look at the campaign with the Dutch.
To save Russia, we have to burn Moscow.

http://www.Grognards.org
http://www.Napoleon-Souvenirs.com

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:20 pm

Played a scenario with them last night. I moved on Hanover on turn 2, good battle with the improved AI, I got lazy and took my eyes off their cav after it routed, they came back and took out my General :confused: but the rest of the Dutch troops rallied and beat the remaining Hanover troops. They were not happy about being occupied by their Dutch neighbors and I had to sit on them for several turns to qualm the rioters.

I regrouped my army back in Holland broke my treaty with France and tried to make peace with the British to no avail, meanwhile the Brits continue to blockade my only port and starve the Dutch economy. So I figured why not occupy Belgium and the Coalition would be begging me to join them. All that did was piss off the French now I'm at war with them and it left the Dutch as the pariah of the European continent for breaking its treaties. So I'm afraid the Dutch situation is hopelessly tied to France :rolleyes:
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”