NTW3 version 8 - (obsolete)

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
Harada
Villein
Villein

Re: NTW3 8.0 - Release notes & Download links

Postby Harada » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:26 pm

This new version looks so cool! Can you tell me the differences between the normal game play and the hardcore one ? :orly:
Thanks !

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:47 pm

Harada wrote:This new version looks so cool! Can you tell me the differences between the normal game play and the hardcore one ? :orly:
Thanks !

It's written in the description:
Hardcore battles: not compatible with classic MP battles (players need to select this option in the launcher to play it).
It's the same as classic battles but most information is hidden.

Vilain de Bourg-en-Bresse
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Vilain de Bourg-en-Bresse » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Harada wrote:This new version looks so cool! Can you tell me the differences between the normal game play and the hardcore one ? :orly:
Thanks !

Quote from the OP:
•"Hardcore battles: not compatible with classic MP battles (players need to select this option in the launcher to play it)."
•" It's the same as classic battles but most information is hidden."

So you cannot tell, which unit is which, nor if it is firing or running, nor the losses it has suffered already (you have to look closely).
Radar map is disabled, if I remember correctly. Btw, cavalry seems to be a bit cheaper in hardcore mode, probably in order to
make up for the fact that in hardcore mode you don't know at first glance, which infantry units can form square and which cannot.
For your own units right-click on the unit icon to see its name and stats.
The UI will still let you know in which shape the unit is, even if it belongs to your opponent (i.e. eager and winded etc.)
VENIVIDICITIDI

Harada
Villein
Villein

Postby Harada » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:20 pm

Vilain de Bourg-en-Bresse wrote:
Harada wrote:This new version looks so cool ! Can you tell me the differences between the normal gameplay and the hardcore one ? :orly:

Quote from the OP:
•"Hardcore battles: not compatible with classic MP battles (players need to select this option in the launcher to play it)."
•" It's the same as classic battles but most information is hidden."

So you cannot tell, which unit is which, nor if it is firing or running, nor the losses it has suffered already (you have to look closely).
Radar map is disabled, if I remember correctly. BtW, cavalry seems to be a bit cheaper in hardcore mode, probably in order to
make up for the fact that in hardcore mode you don't know at first glance, which infantry units can form square and which cannot.
For your own units right-click on the unit icon to see its name and stats.
The UI will still let you know in which shape the unit is, even if it belongs to your opponent (i.e. eager and winded etc.)

Thanks ! That's the details I wanted to know :wink:

Fuzcake
Villein
Villein

Postby Fuzcake » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:00 pm

I have question. As an oldenburg ancestry man, I ask that oldenburg be given better or unique units? and that the game does not crash when I battle as/with oldenburg?

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:59 pm

Fuzcake wrote:I ask that Oldenburg be given better or unique units? and that the game does not crash when I battle as/with Oldenburg?

Oldenburg is one of the minor factions that we did not make custom uniforms for the whole roster. We have a few custom units for Mecklenburg, Sicily & Sardinia but most of their rosters are also vanilla uniforms. Our NTW3 tailors are updating the British uniforms to 1805-1807 and I can ask about the Oldenburg. I've just finished a few battles with the Batavian Republic using the v8.0 campaign and they were fine with no battle crashes.

“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Fuzcake
Villein
Villein

Postby Fuzcake » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:15 pm

Lord Davn wrote:
Fuzcake wrote:I ask that Oldenburg be given better or unique units? and that the game does not crash when I battle as/with Oldenburg?

Oldenburg is one of the minor factions that we have did not make custom uniforms for the whole roster. We have a few custom units for Mecklenburg, Sicily & Sardinia but most of their rosters are also vanilla uniforms. Our NTW3 tailors are updating the British uniforms to 1805-1807 and I can ask about the Oldenburg. I've just finished a few battles with the Batavian Republic using the v8.0 campaign and they were fine with no battle crashes.

Oh ok, thank you in previous version it always crash. I will see with 8.0 thanks

Mjarr
Serf

Postby Mjarr » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:30 am

SirWolly wrote:The first game went quite normal. Only cav drove me crazy when it did not go for the artillery and was running in the the infantries standing more far away. Even rage clicking was not working. Later on I and my team mates also realized it in cav fights when enemy inf was closer around. They were going for the inf and not against the enemy cav. although clicking like crazy on the enemy cav.. Something that drove us pretty mad.

It is vanilla NTW issue at its core that cannot be really fixed. If unit width is wider than target width, it sometimes wheels and snakes around (usually) to the left from the attacking unit's perspective and creates the impression it's not responding. There are very few ways around that but the best remedy is to avoid too wide formations unless you are willing to micromanage it all the way to the end, or unless you intend to make use of said snaking to your advantage.

Fuzcake
Villein
Villein

Re: NTW3 8 - Release notes & Download links

Postby Fuzcake » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:13 am

I have question/suggestion, would it be possible, to sort of remake the NTW egypt campaign, but with the NTW3 ottoman, mameluke and new french orient faction? can you make this? or is there a way to switch out campaign nations or units? I would pay BIG bucks for a campaign like this.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:33 pm

Fuzcake wrote:I have question/suggestion, would it be possible, to sort of remake the NTW egypt campaign, but with the NTW3 ottoman, mameluke and new french orient faction? can you make this? or is there a way to switch out campaign nations or units? I would pay BIG bucks for a campaign like this.

It is not in our agenda to rework the Egypt campaign, because it takes a lot of time. But if you support the modding team on Patreon, and tell us what you would like to see in future versions, it could be done.

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:58 pm

We have been discussing doing a NTW3 Peninsular campaign with Classic Battle stats, units and uniforms.
After that Egyptian campaign would be a nice project to do with our time period units & uniforms.

Stupid Brick
Villein
Villein

Postby Stupid Brick » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:22 pm

:obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingbuddies: Awesome work all!

Loving all the new shiny things and mechanics in 8.1, Your excellent hard work is greatly appreciated! :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Lord Jean-Charles I
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Jean-Charles I » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:37 pm

After a few battles, I have a very good impression about the 8.1 hotfix. Needs more testing of course.
Quand on veut on peut.

Mais quand on peut, on doit !

http://www.grognards.org

Lord Liberalis
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Liberalis » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:51 pm

Tonight is going to be wild in the lobby.
To save Russia, we have to burn Moscow.

http://www.Grognards.org
http://www.Napoleon-Souvenirs.com

Suvorovka
Villein
Villein

Postby Suvorovka » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:54 pm

Is there Multiplayer Campaign Support? Will that come in the future? :idea:

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:11 pm

Suvorovka wrote:Is there Multiplayer Campaign Support? Will that come in the future? :idea:

We are discussing that topic atm on our Discord channel.
"If a player knew he had a considerable challenge with every battle in the campaign, I'm sure that would change the game play considerably. Campaigns would be more challenging and unpredictable, and require much more careful planning before committing to a pitched battle. And challenge and unpredictability make a game durable and keeps interest up".

CosmicJuke
Villein
Villein

Postby CosmicJuke » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:57 pm

Hello dear lordz, greetings from france you are doin a super job.
i've been playing your Campaign hundreds of hours if not thousand.
I saw the that 8.1 campaign files are deleted on modDB. What does it contain ?

I edited my personnal campaign files on previous versions ( i added 106 guns Ships to the list of available Ships as the french Empire build massive ships as the Commerce de Marseille ) i can recruit more units per Nations and things like that. My question is, can i load my previous campaign pack file to 8.0 or shall i edit my campaign files again with this new mod ? Are the changes in the files too big ?

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:26 pm

CosmicJuke wrote:I saw the that 8.1 campaign files are deleted on modDB. What does it contain ?
My question is, can I load my previous campaign pack file to 8.0 or shall I edit my campaign files again with this new mod ? Are the changes in the files too big ?

The SPC changes for v81 corrected a few files that ran the Ottoman campaign (scripting.lua & startpos.esf) to make it playable with scripted missions added at the start of the Ottoman campaign. Your previous files should work well with the v81 spc patch.

Suvorovka
Villein
Villein

Postby Suvorovka » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:56 pm

Lord Davn wrote:
    Suvorovka wrote:Is there Multiplayer Campaign Support? Will that come in the future? :idea:

"If a player knew he had a considerable challenge with every battle in the campaign, I'm sure that would change the game play considerably. Campaigns would be more challenging and unpredictable, and require much more careful planning before committing to a pitched battle. And challenge and unpredictability make a game durable and keeps interest up".

Please do get MP campaign up and running! It would be amazing! :razz:

StandardNerd
    Villein
    Villein

Postby StandardNerd » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Lord Davn wrote:

I’m very intrigued! What are the technical limitations right now that prevent NTW3 from having a functional MPC? My current understanding of Total War Multiplayer campaigns is that their technical limitation is running mod added scripts. The only scripts I can think of in SPC right now are NTW3’s custom mission objectives and the Confederation of the Rhine script. Unless AOR and unit caps are scripts :shocked:

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:11 pm

We had the NTW3 MP Campaign running with the v5.0 release which included custom scripts etc, but there has been difficulty getting it to run with the recent releases as the newer launchers are not setup to load the correct MPC files as v5.0 did (which took considerable time to work out). The error message comes back that the games are incompatible so we'll take some time to look at it now and see if we can get MPC working again.

My experience playing MPC has had poor results mostly due to de-sync's between the two players. MP Battles are fairly easy to play because everyone is on the same map, in MPC each player is making changes to the campaign map and that has to be sync'd with his opponent which seams to become difficult for game program to handle.

WarnerVH
    Villein
    Villein

Postby WarnerVH » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:40 pm

Man, has it been almost eight years since I've last posted. Wowzers, it's nice to see the community still strong and thriving. I was pleasantly surprised to see NTW3 for NTW still alive and challenging PC's and players alike. I am a Campaign player myself as my time is always limited to 1/2 hour here and there and I have a campaign question for the good Lordz and their community. I've noticed while playing ove the years that thehe AI seems to work best with medium unit sizes. The AI appear to make better use of the terrain and so forth. I read years ago that the Medium Unit size was the "designed around size" that CA tested everything with and the maps etc were built around. In NTW3 is their a recommended unit size or will the game (cav, artillery, unit experience etc) scale correctly to the unit size selected.

One other question as I haven't played much since older versions. Do the structures that you can have a unit enter scale also with the available amount of men it can field; or will you still get the odd unit shuffle if you attempt to fill a building with a unit that has more men than the structure can hold (I know, I can find out myself and most likely will before this gets answered; but thought I'd ask).

Wonderful game as always,
    Cheers!

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:32 pm

The NTW3 mods have always been designed to be played with MEDIUM size units. This is an approximate scale of 1:6 and works best for MP battles and the SPC battles as well. There is more info on our NTW3 mods at the Total War Center forum:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?528723-NTW3-v8-1-SP-Campaign-Updates

The SPC battles are all fought on the original battle maps so those building limits would apply.

WarnerVH
    Villein
    Villein

Postby WarnerVH » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:39 pm

Thank you suh! I'm sorry I if I posted in the wrong location. Thank you, I forgot about looking in the TWCenter.

Suvorovka
    Villein
    Villein

Postby Suvorovka » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:22 am

Lord Davn wrote:We had the NTW3 MP Campaign running with the v5.0 release which included custom scripts etc, but there has been difficulty getting it to run with the recent releases as the newer launchers are not setup to load the correct MPC files as v5.0 did (which took considerable time to work out). The error message comes back that the games are incompatible so we'll take some time to look at it now and see if we can get MPC working again.

Thank you for taking a look at it again! I hope the team can work it out. Is there anything to do with manually moving the startpos? Either on the user or modder end?

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”