NTW3 v8.0 SPC mod update

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
Lord Davn

NTW3 v8.0 SPC mod update

Postby Lord Davn » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:21 am

:wink:
This thread lists changes for the NTW3 v8.0b SP Campaign beta test mod.

The campaign map and game economics has been updated for a more historical representation of the actual structures & facilities that would have been in place in 1805. This will allow players and the AI to focus on raising troops and achieving their victory conditions. To offset these upgraded facilities the starting funds and tax rate have been lowered so good economic management will still be important.

Many of the building slots in the capitols have been filled in. The player has the option to change the facilities by removing the existing building but you will have to rebuild from level 1 facilities. The populations in each factions regions have been re-balanced for a more even distribution.

Gibraltar is a now a major fortress as it was in 1805, however the British garrison is limited in size and mainly for defense. The British player would be well advised to land a strong force on the north coast of Spain at Coruña to help take pressure off the garrison at Gibraltar.

The British had a majority of their forces deployed overseas which is why they preferred to fund their allies to fight Napoleon on continental Europe.

The British Expeditionary Forces have been revised to reflect units from these various British garrisons that were transported to other regions.
Their cost is reflective of existing units and can be recruited in Wales, Gibraltar, Baleric Is. and Sicily once Britain occupies the regions capital.
https://www.historytoday.com/graham-darby/sicilys-british-occupation

Many of the blank port slots have been activated putting a higher emphasis on trade. This was a critical part of each factions economy and the reason for Napoleon invading the Iberian Peninsular to enforce his continental system. Port defenses have been added to the British & French trade ports to help stop marauding pirates. Historically they were old warships that were grounded NEAR the harbor entrances to ward off attackers.

The General units have been updated to reflect more of their actual character traits & abilities in 1805. These leaves plenty of time and opportunity for you to improve these stats on the battle filed as with Karl Macks unprecedented victory over the French in Bavaria.
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Marshall Davout
Yeoman
Yeoman

Re: NTW3 v8.0 SPC mod update

Postby Marshall Davout » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:55 pm

Davn, that all looks pretty interesting. What is the relationship between v8.0 SPC and the mainline game? Will they be using the same factors / engine, or is everything separate now?

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:40 am

Marshall Davout wrote:What is the relationship between v8.0 SPC and the mainline game?

The NTW3 SPC mod & the Main battle mod shared many of the same unit stats and uniform files back when v5.0 was released. They are very hard to sync as the battle mod is customized for human vs human players while the SPC mod is more for single player and has to deal with the AI in battles (except for MP campaigns). Most of the NTW3 mods; Main Battle, Regimental, HB & SPC are now separate due to each of their unique features and formats of play.

BaronPelet
Villein
Villein

Postby BaronPelet » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:41 pm

Look like some welcome and wonderful additions Lord Davn! My soft spot has always been for SPC so it is always great to see resources devoted to it. Cheers!

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:39 pm

BaronPelet wrote:Look like some welcome and wonderful additions Lord Davn! My soft spot has always been for SPC so it is always great to see resources devoted to it. Cheers!

I'm also looking forward to the improvements for the v8.0 SPC mod as they have been on my "to do list" for some time :wink:
There will be a download link posted here shortly for veteran NTW players to give the v8.0a SPC mod a test drive (it updates the existing v76 spc mod files) and provide feedback before release next month :clap:

Herrputte
Villein
Villein

Postby Herrputte » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:29 pm

I cheered here so my wife thought i was mad and after explanation she was sadly not as excited as i am ;)

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:18 pm

Herrputte wrote:I cheered here so my wife thought i was mad and after explanation she was sadly not as excited as i am ;)

:snooty: She knows you will be immersed in campaign battles for control of Europe in the near future :naughty:

Black Serpent
Villein
Villein

Postby Black Serpent » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:20 am

Hi Davn,

Wow, looks like some pretty radical (and certainly welcome!) changes, good job guys! I love the idea of shore batteries, does this mean that a fleet can't blockade a port anymore?

Just a couple of quick other questions: have the unit rosters/battle mechanics been changed in any way to be more similar to Classic Battles? will France be more likely now to invade Portugal and antagonise Spain, thus starting the Peninsular war?

Cheers

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:52 pm

Black Serpent wrote: I love the idea of shore batteries, does this mean that a fleet can't blockade a port anymore?

The shore batteries for British & French trade ports will keep enemy ships from sailing into the harbor and destroying the dock facilities. They can still however blockade the trade ports. The main focus of the 1805 campaign is the war with Austria, Russia and at some point Prussia. Much of this is hard coded by CA into the campaign game AI.

Black Serpent
Villein
Villein

Postby Black Serpent » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:36 pm

OK. I was asking because in the diplomatic relations (perhaps in startpos or acually in the db, can't remember) I know one can set a deterioration of relations constant, which acts to gradually degrade the diplomatic relations with time. So it could be done that Spain and France start off as allies and gradually over turns the relations deteriorate until finally they might declare war. So by 1808, the Peninsular war could begin in the campaign. At least this was true in Empire, I've done that to make the Iroquois and British friendly and finnaly allied against the French in Canada.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/french-india ... /fiw-packs

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Lib;
Please give the following users access to the SP Campaign v80 test files thread:
https://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=13442&start=925

:arrow: Marshall Davout
:arrow: BaronPelet
:arrow: Herrputte
:arrow: Black Serpent
:arrow: Vormannator84

BaronPelet
Villein
Villein

Postby BaronPelet » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:08 am

I don't wish to seem presumptuous or out of line, but I don't seem to have the authorisation for the particular forum/thread linked in the previous post. Would it be possible to attain that if the offer still applies? Cheers and thanks for the consideration!

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”