NTW3 Multiplayer Matches on YT

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
Kaiser Wilhelm II
Villein
Villein

NTW3 Multiplayer Matches on YT

Postby Kaiser Wilhelm II » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:30 am

Hello!
Some of you may know me, many of you might not but I'm Kaiser(Hi again). I've been playing NTW3 MP battles for quite a while. For this reason, and many more, I've decided, with Cosak's agreement and support, to make a YouTube channel to post replays of battles sent in by players of the community. If you want a video on a battle you have played and saved a replay of, simply add me on discord and send me the replay file there. Of course, there will be no promises on your replay getting uploaded but I will try to watch every single one sent to me. I uploaded the first one, here's the link:

P.S. this is my first time doing this sort of thing so constructive criticism will help make the videos more enjoyable for you and me. Just don't call me a great value Bob Ross(Kraven) :smile:
-Kaiser

Lord Liberalis
Lord
Lord

Re: NTW3 Multiplayer Matches on YT

Postby Lord Liberalis » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:41 am

Excellent news. I'll subscribe to your channel.
To save Russia, we have to burn Moscow.

http://www.Grognards.org
http://www.Napoleon-Souvenirs.com

Kaiser Wilhelm II
Villein
Villein

Postby Kaiser Wilhelm II » Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 am

I have Liberalis on my side. Nothing can stop me now!

Black Serpent
Villein
Villein

Postby Black Serpent » Wed May 16, 2018 3:10 pm

Just finished watching the second instalment, very nice job, keep it up!

It would be cool if, as you are commenting the battle, you could throw in bits and pieces about how this mod is different (and thus way better) than vanilla, things that are implicit to you as an experienced player, but that might be very useful for new players and also spark the interest in the mod to a broader audience.

For example, reminding viewers about marching on roads for speed, importance of scouting, what LoC battles are and how they are played*, the strengths and weaknesses of each type of infantry/cavalry, the strengths and weaknesses of each faction and maybe how to use them to one's advantage, importance of co-operation in MP battles and synchronised actions, how to differentiate between unit abilities (what L1, L2, G3, G4, C7, C8, F, H means). Then, as the situation presents itself in the replay, you could discuss a bit different tactics you observe or that might have been successfully applied (you already do this), such as good/bad use of grenadiers/cavalry/light infantry (and why it was good or bad), classic manoeuvres like hammer-and-anvil, outflanking and rolling /folding the flank etc. Historical notes (maybe about specific battles or units) are also always a nice plus, and will likely highlight how accurate & immersive this mod makes the game.

This is mostly stuff to pad up the actual battle commentary, which is enjoyable and easy to follow, so good job there!

*it helps when watching a video to know what the objectives are for both teams, to better follow why the players are deploying or manoeuvring this or that way

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”