NTW 7.6 double crash on launch

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
Shakalis
Serf

NTW 7.6 double crash on launch

Postby Shakalis » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Hello,

So I used to play NTW some years ago and really really loved the mod, I recently wanted to play Napoleon again so I installed it back, launched a few games/campaigns to check if the game was working correctly and then proceeded to instal NTW 7.6, I installed all 3 parts of 7.5 then the 7.6 patch, in the correct directory (which is for me D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War).
Yet everytime I try to launch it (and mind you I tried every launch options) I get "napoleon total war has stopped working" twice.

I looked over every imaginable forum searching for a fix and tried/checked every advised solution to this problem. I only found of one mention of a double "has stopped working" on launch and that was from a guy who used a pirated version of the game, which is not my case, as I bought the boxed version of the game when it came out.

I come here seeking help as I would really like to play this fantastic mod again, if you need more informations, do not hesitate to ask,
Thanks for reading this through.

Lord Davn

Re: NTW 7.6 double crash on launch

Postby Lord Davn » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:13 pm

The NTW3 launcher has been updated, if you have older ntw3 files in the data folder they may be causing problems. Suggest that you remove ALL NTW3 files and verify that vanilla game is working correctly then reinstall NTW3 v7.5 mod (3 parts) and v7.6 patch. That should fix your problem :wink:
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Shakalis
Serf

Postby Shakalis » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:18 pm

This is what I thought aswell and so I did, uninstalled the game and deleted manually all remaining files, played a few vanilla games etc, even downloaded the mod itself again in case the files got corrupted, the issues remains the same.
However I tried to launch the game using steam rather than the launcher and I can play in singleplayer just fine, haven't tried MP, I have no idea if it is working entirely correctly but for the few battles I played I got no particular issues standing out, am I missing things out if I don't use the launcher? Thanks for the quick answer.

Kaatun
Serf

Postby Kaatun » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:55 pm

I'm having the same problems, but I did not try to open the game by steam, I always used the launcher, but then suddenly it started happening what Shakalis said, a crash game when I choose any launcher option.

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”