Request for Sappers

For all info, download links and general discussions on NTW3.
Rodriguez
Villein
Villein

Request for Sappers

Postby Rodriguez » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:48 pm

Since they can only deploy their barricades, chevaux de frise, and mines inside the deployment zone, non-guerrila Sappers/Engineers are barely useful unless you are playing attack/defend as the defender.

I would like to request that every sapper unit is given the guerilla ability to be able to deploy anywhere on the map except the enemy's deployment zone, or at the very least I would appreciate if we could get a visual indicator on the unit's name that they have the guerilla ability, working the same way as the square ability indicator we have right now (I know I can check if they have the guerilla ability by right clicking on the unit card and going into the abilities section, but that is just annoying). Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and, as always, thanks for making the mest mod out there.

Lord Uxbridge
Lord
Lord

Re: Request for Sappers

Postby Lord Uxbridge » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:45 pm

I find them very useful, in fact a large proportion of players seem to bring them.

Retyn
Yeoman
Yeoman

Re: Request for Sappers

Postby Retyn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:19 pm

Rodriguez wrote:Since they can only deploy their barricades, chevaux de frise, and mines inside the deployment zone, non-guerrila Sappers/Engineers are barely useful unless you are playing attack/defend as the defender.

I would like to request that every sapper unit is given the guerilla ability to be able to deploy anywhere on the map except the enemy's deployment zone, or at the very least I would appreciate if we could get a visual indicator on the unit's name that they have the guerilla ability, working the same way as the square ability indicator we have right now (I know I can check if they have the guerilla ability by right clicking on the unit card and going into the abilities section, but that is just annoying). Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and, as always, thanks for making the mest mod out there.

Well, some guerilla sapeurs actually reveal where you are going to place your artillery, giving your opponent an advantage! + Guerilla sapers dont have square, which means they can be eliminated very easily by cav ( not like the normal ones are invincible to cav though). Yes it limits their use, because Chevaux-de frise, mines or barricades are useless on spawn, but i would say it better to go with the normal stakes. Normal sappers are also pretty cheap, you can usually trade them off for a pair of guns, but these guerilla sappers ale usually more expensive than the normal ones, and if you dont micromanage them properly, it like throwing two line infantrys into the waste
"Win with ability, not with numbers!" - Alexander Vasilyevich Suvorov

Return to “The Napoleonic TW 3 Room”