NTW3 7.5 MP Feedback......

For all info, download links and general discussions on NTW3.
Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

NTW3 7.5 MP Feedback......

Postby Wym... » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:23 pm

To start I must thank the team for this new version.......a serious amount of work must of gone into 7.5.......

I like virtually all aspects of this version......

Artillery.......Cannons are now far more closer to being a cost effective force in all armies
So many more map options with the different deployment zones....a simple yet effective idea
So many more units to pick from......its actually hard work to sort through then to pick an OOB
More nations from different years is a nice inclusion
Cavalry esp Heavy Cav recovers their stamina somewhat faster
Many many more historically accurate units to chose from etc....

The only negatives in this version.......

Horse Artillery for GB in particular still bugs out during the Unlimber process even in clear open spaces....thou my Swedish pair of batteries were fine through out a 4v4???Where as Foot batteries never bug out??
Howitzers are now very expensive and in my dozen or so MP games I have not seen a single battery used??
Stability of 7.5 is also in question? there seems to be far more drops in this version?? the loading times have also increased noticeably which I assume means far more info is being loaded for a battle which may be causing problems?

Plz add to this as I have not played 7.5 enough to know what there is to know lol
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

Rodriguez
Villein
Villein

Re: NTW3 7.5 MP Feedback......

Postby Rodriguez » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:17 pm

I've noticed howitzers are useful pretty much only against cav (REALLY useful, though). But they are garbage against infantry.

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Re: NTW3 7.5 MP Feedback......

Postby Wym... » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:38 pm

I'm still enjoying 7.5 when it runs without crashes or drops.....I have a powerful PC and a 35mb low ping connection and I'm dropping more than in previous versions(either on the longer map load up page or funnily enough a few mins before the timer deadline??).....let alone other players on poor PC's/Connections

In 7.5 i'm seeing alot of Heavy cavalry spams is H.Cav now over powered??

Like wise I am seeing more artillery ingame which is good....though the canister reload is VERY slow and most players do not get value for money imo....though artillery vs cav is reasonably effective ish

I am also seeing far more units from other nations(other than GB/Sweden) that can form square....(but tbh I have not used that many different nations so I'm unaware of how many more units can square)??

Horse Art is still semi bugged.....it works fine in some games but bugs in others?? can we not reduce the animations to improve the bugging??
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

Return to “The Napoleonic TW 3 Room”