NTW3 7.5 MP Feedback......

For all info, download links and general discussions on NTW3.
Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

NTW3 7.5 MP Feedback......

Postby Wym... » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:23 pm

To start I must thank the team for this new version.......a serious amount of work must of gone into 7.5.......

I like virtually all aspects of this version......

Artillery.......Cannons are now far more closer to being a cost effective force in all armies
So many more map options with the different deployment zones....a simple yet effective idea
So many more units to pick from......its actually hard work to sort through then to pick an OOB
More nations from different years is a nice inclusion
Cavalry esp Heavy Cav recovers their stamina somewhat faster
Many many more historically accurate units to chose from etc....

The only negatives in this version.......

Horse Artillery for GB in particular still bugs out during the Unlimber process even in clear open spaces....thou my Swedish pair of batteries were fine through out a 4v4???Where as Foot batteries never bug out??
Howitzers are now very expensive and in my dozen or so MP games I have not seen a single battery used??
Stability of 7.5 is also in question? there seems to be far more drops in this version?? the loading times have also increased noticeably which I assume means far more info is being loaded for a battle which may be causing problems?

Plz add to this as I have not played 7.5 enough to know what there is to know lol
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

Rodriguez
Villein
Villein

Re: NTW3 7.5 MP Feedback......

Postby Rodriguez » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:17 pm

I've noticed howitzers are useful pretty much only against cav (REALLY useful, though). But they are garbage against infantry.

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:38 pm

I'm still enjoying 7.5 when it runs without crashes or drops.....I have a powerful PC and a 35mb low ping connection and I'm dropping more than in previous versions(either on the longer map load up page or funnily enough a few mins before the timer deadline??).....let alone other players on poor PC's/Connections

In 7.5 i'm seeing alot of Heavy cavalry spams is H.Cav now over powered??

Like wise I am seeing more artillery ingame which is good....though the canister reload is VERY slow and most players do not get value for money imo....though artillery vs cav is reasonably effective ish

I am also seeing far more units from other nations(other than GB/Sweden) that can form square....(but tbh I have not used that many different nations so I'm unaware of how many more units can square)??

Horse Art is still semi bugged.....it works fine in some games but bugs in others?? can we not reduce the animations to improve the bugging??
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

SirWolly
Villein
Villein

Postby SirWolly » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:33 am

After playing quite a while 7.5 I am not happy with the version. I really appreciate all the work that those guys invest in this game in their free time to give us a great experience.

But unfortunately it became a blob fest.

I tried to play with artillery but it has not the effect from former versions. My russian 12 pounder on a hill protected with stakes and infantry was simply blobbed down by french infantry. Canister takes forever to reload but is needed in this case.
At the moment you simply take strong heavy cav with some light cav. Some elite inf and let the blob begin.
You can now even blob frontally. Cav is going through your squares like a ghost through a wall.

France 11 is so op that you do not want to face it or that it was not allowed in the tournament.

Cheap units with their low ammunition is not worth taking it. All these beautiful units and no one takes it.

It is all about win the cav fight and blob down. And honestly I get sick of it.

I really miss the older version when you needed all. We had long line battle shoot outs with artillery in it. Remember Uxbridge and his 12 pounder and 6 pounder artillery? Almost unbeatable if you wasted all your cav before.

This shootout is what I am looking for otherwise I can play Rome or f...... Warhammer.

I really hope we will get a version where we can enjoy that kind of battle again. At the moment I can only do this against noobs. So they have this Pixellated Apollo moment with long shout outs and I enjoy it too.

Just my 5 cents

Cheers
First they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
Mahatma Gandhi

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:07 pm

I agree SirWolly......After playing 7.5 for a while now I agree that Artillery is not at all cost effective.....Round shot is indeed slightly more effective, as is the units pricing, but canister is a waste of time due to the reload taking forever......Horse Artillery is still badly BUGGED........Howitzers are now very expensive so are never ingame....the excessive influx of Cav spamming also makes artillery to vulnerable ......

Though imo By far the worst element of 7.5 is the damn spamming of Heavy Cavalry......Damn Heavy/Medium/Light cav every where........

Add to this the inability of Squares to stop cav in this version really surprises me esp considering the influx of cav

Squares are now useless lol....In a recent battle against Lib I set a square of elite Scottish infantry to stop the French Light cav from(guess what??) taking my 6lb foot battery.......And yes my Fresh brave Scottish square died lol (163 men strong with Gen in area) and I also lost my art.........
Lib had targeted my art but his cav had to PASS THROUGH my Square to get the art......and as u know my Scots died as did the art......so peeps only need to click behind a square a ummff square gone

I'm not even going to mention the Cav/Inf melee blobs lol.....all day every day

A damn shame imo....it does feel like a single step forward but several steps back??

More tweaks are indeed needed.......

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:16 pm

I personally agree with what has been reported.

Though we had a one-month-long beta version, downloaded by more than more than 50 people. How many feedbacks? One, and short.

A significant patch, with extra content and balance, is already being worked on.

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:06 pm

I could never get the beta to run?? but as usual it needs a full release to really test it.......and as always a new version will be released

Hats off to u guys for all the free time u put into this mod......This is the only game I have constantly played since V1

So well done and keep up the good work

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:27 pm

Although I don't agree with the comment about France 1806 being OP.... Of course, by definition (11 points) it is stronger than all other factions. Like Austria (10 points) is stronger than Portugal (9 points). Banning it from games is just plain stupid.

SirWolly
Villein
Villein

Postby SirWolly » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:49 pm

Just because you do not agree to it it does not mean it is stupid.
When the light General Cav is swarming through two Austrian armies like nothing and destroying it almost completely that is what I call stupid. Especially when a heavy Kürasiere cav charged in their back and died. Perhaps I got to load Kryptonite or silver bullets against them.
Take 11 points France Cav in combination with Rheinbund heavy cav and you can call off the game.
First they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
Mahatma Gandhi

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:08 am

Rumour has it that Ver. 6.0 was radically changed (Oct 2016) cause of unavoidable blobs!?? (Elite-Grens-H.cav mix) in the game those days :hm: :eek:

Battle on!..
TWC Co-founder
https://thewargamingclub.com/

LCcmdr
Villein
Villein

Postby LCcmdr » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:50 pm

That's a great picture. Did you make it?

And, being new to this mod, it's good to understand that earlier versions were developing rather than completed before having added other units, maps, or abilities. I had wondered if I needed to install a mod prior to 7.2.

So thanks for the insight.

SirWolly
Villein
Villein

Postby SirWolly » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:08 pm

By the way do you know that your own stakes you put up in front of you are catching your canon balls and it looks like your art is just on a reenactment :D
First they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
Mahatma Gandhi

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:09 am

That was always the case since the v1 of NTW3

Rodriguez
Villein
Villein

Postby Rodriguez » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:12 pm

I have a question about those cannonballs hitting the stakes.

Will they break the stakes when they hit them or will only horses break stakes?

Mr. Doran
Serf

Postby Mr. Doran » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:44 pm

SirWolly wrote:After playing quite a while 7.5 I am not happy with the version. I really appreciate all the work that those guys invest in this game in their free time to give us a great experience.

But unfortunately it became a blob fest.

I tried to play with artillery but it has not the effect from former versions. My russian 12 pounder on a hill protected with stakes and infantry was simply blobbed down by french infantry. Canister takes forever to reload but is needed in this case.
At the moment you simply take strong heavy cav with some light cav. Some elite inf and let the blob begin.
You can now even blob frontally. Cav is going through your squares like a ghost through a wall.

France 11 is so op that you do not want to face it or that it was not allowed in the tournament.

Cheap units with their low ammunition is not worth taking it. All these beautiful units and no one takes it.

It is all about win the cav fight and blob down. And honestly I get sick of it.

I really miss the older version when you needed all. We had long line battle shoot outs with artillery in it. Remember Uxbridge and his 12 pounder and 6 pounder artillery? Almost unbeatable if you wasted all your cav before.

This shootout is what I am looking for otherwise I can play Rome or f...... Warhammer.

I really hope we will get a version where we can enjoy that kind of battle again. At the moment I can only do this against noobs. So they have this Pixellated Apollo moment with long shout outs and I enjoy it too.

Just my 5 cents

Cheers

Play HB

SirWolly
Villein
Villein

Postby SirWolly » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:02 pm

I am waiting for 7.6. I had the luck to test it a bit and it gives me hope for much better games in the future.
In the last game my good british infantery unit in square (100% of men) were killed by a polish light cav which was down almost 50%.
So I stopped playing at the moment.
First they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
Mahatma Gandhi

Lord Liberalis
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Liberalis » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:22 am

Rodriguez wrote:I have a question about those cannonballs hitting the stakes.

Will they break the stakes when they hit them or will only horses break stakes?

Only cavalry can break the stakes I believe.
To save Russia, we have to burn Moscow.

http://www.Grognards.org
http://www.Napoleon-Souvenirs.com

Return to “The Napoleonic TW 3 Room”