NTW3 7.6 - Recommendations & Player Issues

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
Lord Davn

Re: NTW3 7.5 - Recommendations & Player Issues

Postby Lord Davn » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:06 am

RTK | Vesper wrote:I'm not worried. I'm just making sure they see the problem is general.

The SP Campaign files are very complex to put together and run in through the NTW3 launcher. We are aware if the issue and are taking the time to consolidate and update the campaign files for smoother game play & less battle crashes.
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

LCcmdr
Villein
Villein

Postby LCcmdr » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:38 am

I'm a newcomer; thanks for taking the time to improve and stabilize this fantastic mod!

Retyn
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Retyn » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:16 pm

RTK | Vesper wrote:
Retyn wrote:
RTK | Vesper wrote:Same problem reported here, installation verified multiple times.

The Campaign doesn't work for a lot of people, and Lordz are trying their best to put out a fix. Lordz aren't a company with thousands of employees, so it will take a while, but it will come, don't worry....People don't read if they don't have to, eh?

I'm not worried. I'm just making sure they see the problem is general. I'm glad of the work they are doing, and kept on that positive attitude all along. Please don't put additional comments like your ending one when you have no clue who you are talking to, and in an inappropriate context.
Thanks

The problem is that you should have browsed through the forum and looked at previous comments for the confirmation, not start your own comment waiting for confirmation. There are tens of questions if the campaign works everyday, and even the guy above your comment mentioned that he's waiting for a fix. Thats for the poisonous P.S... And i don't care who you are, it does not bother me. Have a good day
"Win with ability, not with numbers!" - Alexander Vasilyevich Suvorov

RTK | Vesper
Villein
Villein

Postby RTK | Vesper » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:45 am

Retyn, I did search, saw 1 or 2 messages, realised after posting there was a thread I didn't see.
I won't even continue arguing, I'm not into that "get a fight over internet" thing. Maybe you got time to lose, I don't.

@Lord Davn : Thanks mate, I do realise it's a hard work to do and can't thank you enough guys for all that long work over the years on an awesome mod such as this one. Bets of luck & Cheering

lawfish88
Villein
Villein

Postby lawfish88 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:56 am

Haven't played NTW in years so I wanted to brush up with SP before going over to MP. Just wanted to report I'm having the same bug others have reported where it CTD's immediately upon selecting the Campaign of the Coalition. I understand you're working on a fix. Thanks for your great work, Lordz.

andrew7189
Serf

Postby andrew7189 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:47 am

Hello,
I recently downloaded v7.5 (along with the addon packs). I did a fresh install of vanilla NTW, installed the mod, and now I don't get any sound, both in the main menu and in a battle. Nothing. Please help!

LCcmdr
Villein
Villein

Postby LCcmdr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:58 pm

Have you run the "verify integrity of game files" option that is accessed via a right click on N:TW, properties, local files...?

OG Grenadier
Baronet
Baronet

Postby OG Grenadier » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:40 pm

andrew7189 wrote:Hello,
I recently downloaded v7.5 (along with the addon packs). I did a fresh install of vanilla NTW, installed the mod, and now I don't get any sound, both in the main menu and in a battle. Nothing. Please help!

Check preferences script, you might have 0 values for volume?
May the drums of the Old Guard beat to "le Empereur"... forever.

Drothicus
Serf

Postby Drothicus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:55 am

Napoleon Total War 3 - Whenever I try to play NTW3 with a friend on a europe campaign, all I see is italian map with france and austria. please help me

Harada
Villein
Villein

Postby Harada » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Hello, thanks to the tip given in an other thread I managed to play the game. I started the Russian Campaign and everything was going fine until february 1806. The game crash when it's Prussia turn. Am I the only one experiencing this ? I'm going to start an other campaign to see if it happens again.

By the way, I took several screenshots of uniforms issues, are you interested in seing them ?

Thanks for your work for all these years ;)

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Send your pictures by PM, please, they are very welcome.
Lord Uxbridge will be working to correct them.

benjaminkicks
Serf

Re: NTW3 7.6 - Recommendations & Player Issues

Postby benjaminkicks » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:33 am

Hello, apologies if this issue has been addressed elsewhere, I am a newcomer to this mod and the community.

I downloaded the files for 7.5, the 7.5 add-on, the 7.5 maps, and 7.6. Everything worked well during the installation, and was able to launch and play the campaign portion of the mod no problem.

The issue is when I play the "Classic Battles" section of the mod, there is no sound in the battles or the main menu, even though the sound for the opening video works fine. The sound works fine in the "Campaign", but it does not work playing the stand alone battles portion of the mod. Perhaps this is a simple issue of messing with the files, but I am not knowledgeable enough about that stuff to find out for myself.

Again, apologies if this issue has been addressed elsewhere, but any help with this would be greatly appreciated. This is an awesome mod and I thank you for all the obvious work that has gone into it.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:05 am

'Classic battles' are not implemented or supported in NTW3.

You have Historical battles or scenarios, about 100 of them.

benjaminkicks
Serf

Postby benjaminkicks » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Lord Cosak wrote:'Classic battles' are not implemented or supported in NTW3.
You have Historical battles or scenarios, about 100 of them.

Thank you, I realized that the problem was that I downloaded the files for the 7.5 addon and the 7.5 maps, but I did not properly install them.

I now see the Historical Battles option in the launcher, but now my problem is that the launcher is too long vertically for me to actually launch the historical battles. I see the list of battles, but the option to launch them is cut off below my screen, and I see no option to change the size of the launcher window. Is there a way to change or fix this?
Thanks again!

Harada
Villein
Villein

Postby Harada » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:44 pm

benjaminkicks wrote:Thank you, I realized that the problem was that I downloaded the files for the 7.5 addon and the 7.5 maps, but I did not properly install them.

I now see the Historical Battles option in the launcher, but now my problem is that the launcher is too long vertically for me to actually launch the historical battles. I see the list of battles, but the option to launch them is cut off below my screen, and I see no option to change the size of the launcher window. Is there a way to change or fix this?
Thanks again!

Hello !
Not a real solution but it works :
1. lauch game
2. press ctrl+alt+left arrow
3. click whatever you want
4. press ctrl+alt+up arrow (back to normal display)
5. play

ProximMaximus
Serf

Postby ProximMaximus » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:09 am

I'm new to the mod and appear to have everything installed correctly up through the 7.6 patch. How do I play the historical battles? From the launcher, I pick a historical battle from the drop down list (for example Waterloo) and then click "Launch HB." It then takes me to the main menu of the game. When I go to "play battle" and pick Waterloo, I cannot choose an army. The player 1 army is locked in as Prussia and the Player 2 army is locked in as UK.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, the game crashed every time I try to play a regimental battle. Thanks for your help.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:39 pm

To play HB or scenarios, you have to host a MP battle and select "Scenario".

EmperorKatano
Serf

Postby EmperorKatano » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:59 am

I think other continents like Asia and South America could be cool. I know they were not directly part of the Napoleonic Wars, but they could be really cool to see implemented into Napoleon Total War. I know this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. maybe you could implement some nations from other continents besides Europe after you are done with European nations. Sorry if this post does not make a whole lot of sense, I just love to let my imagination flow thinking about strategy games and the major mods for them like NTW3.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:25 am

There are already three non-European factions in NTW3: USA, Persia, Mamelukes.

Ottomans and the British/Canadian corps are also mainly non-European.

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:21 pm

ProximMaximus wrote:I'm new to the mod and appear to have everything installed correctly up through the 7.6 patch. How do I play the Historical Battles from the launcher?

Information on how to play the various NTW3 ~ HB, Naval & SP Campaign mods is posted here on our TWC forum:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1677-Napoleonic-Total-War-III-(NTW3)

The Regimental & Multi-Player battle mods for online players are pretty self explanatory :wink:
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

reef75
Villein
Villein

Postby reef75 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:03 am

HI. I'm completely new to this mod so 7.6 is my first install. I installed 7.5 Setup, Maps and Addon followed by the 7.6 patch. It was installed over a fresh NTW install. Everything seems at first to work fine except in battle. For whatever reason I have no ability to deploy skirmishers from light infantry and also cavalry with firearms have no shooting ability in battle. When I look at the unit stats the weapon stats are gone but ammunition remains for the cavalry. I hope someone can help as the mod looks fantastic.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:34 pm

Are you playing the campaign or MP battles?

reef75
Villein
Villein

Postby reef75 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:53 pm

Campaign on the recommended settings Normal/Normal and medium size units.

I re verified then reinstalled the mods with the same effect. I have removed all previous saves also. I tried to deploy skirmishers using key command but no joy. The Musket Cavalry are just locked in melee mode with no weapon stats except ammo. When I first start the exe I select the 1805 option and start a coalition campaign. Never had this happen before on a mod so bit of a head scratcher. Played a good few turns before I noticed with no crashes to report.

reef75
Villein
Villein

Postby reef75 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:20 pm

I do apologise, I had not realised cavalry dismounts before firing. Been a while since I last played NTW but assume that's a feature of NTW3. Maybe the light infantry deploying as skirmishers is a tech i'm missing. I know it used to be in vanilla. I shall try again, sorry for the bother.

Von Garv
Serf

Postby Von Garv » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:42 pm

1st post and I would like to say thanks for all your hard work getting this beautiful Mod created, playing version 7.6 in SP Campaign 1805 as the British.
I have found a possible bug in the Naval side.
I sent my Fleet to assist the Swede's Fleet that had just been attacked by a Dutch Fleet.
When the Battle was loading the game CTD, I tried to assist them again after restarting the game with the same results.
Restarted the game and let the Dutch have at Sweden, Sweden lost but still had a few ships a float.
Next turn I sent my Fleet after the Dutch and they retreated close to the battered Swedes and I intercepted them again.
This time Sweden came to my assistance against the Dutch Fleet and when the Battle was loading it CTD again.
Seams like there is a bug when another Faction joins a Naval Battle with the player's faction.
I haven't had another Faction join any land battles so I don't know if the same would happen there, sorry for the long post.

Cheers!

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”