NTW3 7.5 - Release Notes & Download Links

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
Branchez
Villein
Villein

Re: NTW3 7.5 - Release Notes & Download Links

Postby Branchez » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:01 pm

I also did re-download and it didn't help. Was very much looking to play SP campaign again :'(
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Lord Tayyab
Villein
Villein

Postby Lord Tayyab » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Lord Davn wrote:Please note changes to the download instructions for the SP Campaign game
Lord Davn wrote: Download both Setup & Optional>>> files to run the SP Campaign game (Campaign A+B files)

The naval.pack (183 mb) was NOT included in the Setup file (MP battles + Campaign A files)

Lord Davn this is what I was trying to say. The naval pack in the add on is not 183 mb. Clearly not since we have re downloaded the files and reinstalled the vanilla game as well. I know that tge team is working hard, and I appreciate that. Thus, I shall wait for the patch and play MP in the mean time.

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:43 pm

I just downloaded the Optional>>> file and installed the naval.pack to the NTW3/Campaigns/Packs folder, 183mb as shown below:
here is link to the correct naval.pack 183mb file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/g3y4484qe14cj9b/naval.pack
download and overwrite your 173mb naval.pack file or wait for the patch as you suggested.
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

lordtylersherman
Villein
Villein

Postby lordtylersherman » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:25 am

I replaced the file with the correct file you linked, but that didnt work. Campaign still crashes. I guess Ill have to wait for the patch.

Branchez
Villein
Villein

Postby Branchez » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:26 pm

lordtylersherman wrote:I replaced the file with the correct file you linked, but that didnt work. Campaign still crashes. I guess Ill have to wait for the patch.

Yeah, same here. It's best to wait for the fix I guess.

thorin12
Villein
Villein

Postby thorin12 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:19 am

Same issue here, even after a reinstallation and a redownload of files.
I'll wait, no fuss or rush !

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:15 pm

We are working to fix the launcher for the v75 SP Campaign and update the files as well :wink:

Branchez
Villein
Villein

Postby Branchez » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:27 pm

Lord Davn wrote:We are working to fix the launcher for the v75 SP Campaign and update the files as well :wink:

We didn't expect anything less :)
Can't wait!

Lord Liberalis
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Liberalis » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:28 am

Cool, thank you !
To save Russia, we have to burn Moscow.

http://www.Grognards.org
http://www.Napoleon-Souvenirs.com

SovietGondor
Serf

Postby SovietGondor » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:07 pm

Hello. I made an account just to report here as I don't know where else to put it. First off Thank you for the mod its great! I've had a lot of trouble with the MP campaign with friends. I discovered that the Pennisular DLC for Napoleon can cause issues with joining. My friend told me he tried to host a game, but was only getting a map with the northern part of Italy showing and two nameless factions. Meanwhile when I hosted, I got the full Europe map and all the factions. After exhausting literally every option to fix the problem, clean install and all, I checked the DLC, thinking that it might have something to do with one of us missing something. Sure enough when I disabled the Pennisular DLC and attempted to host a got a map of northern Italy. I haven't yet had a chance to test my theory, but will update as soon as I know.

EDIT: Getting the DLC solved the problem with hosting and the map but now we cant see or join each others games.

Mirek1983
Villein
Villein

Postby Mirek1983 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi,
Please check the file spcn.pack. I have removed the mod from the spc_user.script.txt file and it seems that this is the blocking issue.
To the designers of the Mod: Could you please add a link to download your spcn.pack maybe something is different?
Regards, Mirek
Last edited by Mirek1983 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retyn
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Retyn » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Mirek1983 wrote:Please check the file spcn.pack. I have removed the mod from the spc_user.script.txt file and it seems that this is the blocking issue.
To the designers of the Mod: Could you please add a link to download your spcn.pack maybe something is different?
Regards, Mirek

I think you should rather reinstall the mod, than sending the thing in parts

(Pokud si čech, jakože tomu to jméno napovídá, přidej si mě na Steamu a dokážu ti s tím pomoct: [5th][HILLER♔]Retyn )
"Win with ability, not with numbers!" - Alexander Vasilyevich Suvorov

lordtylersherman
Villein
Villein

Postby lordtylersherman » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:13 pm

By issue you mean the campaign not working?

Mirek1983
Villein
Villein

Postby Mirek1983 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:50 pm

lordtylersherman wrote:
Mirek1983 wrote:Please check the file spcn.pack. I have removed the mod from the spc_user.script.txt file and it seems that this is the blocking issue.
Regards, Mirek

By issue you mean the campaign not working?

Yes :(

Rodriguez
Villein
Villein

Postby Rodriguez » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:08 am

The MP campaign currently does not work people. They are working on it and should be released with a patch for the SP campaign soon.

Besides that, the Peninsular campaign has not been modded for NTW3, only the options that appear in the launcher work and those are all in the Europe map (1805 main, Bavarian, Württemberg, and Ottoman campaigns). The Lordz might make the Peninsular campaign at some point but probably not very soon and from what they have told me they will probably make the Egyptian campaign first, and that doesn't even make it certain that they will do any of the small campaigns.
Last edited by Rodriguez on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:56 pm

Rodriguez wrote:They are working on it and should be released with a patch for the SP campaign soon.

We are consolidating the 1805 SP Campaign files to make them smaller & easier to load and run with the v75 launcher, (currently we use the very large MP uniform files). Work is almost complete and just need to do a little more testing.

The Peninsula campaign will be updated with the uniforms that Lord Uxbridge has been working on & v75 MP battle stats for the campaign battles.

Mirek1983
Villein
Villein

Postby Mirek1983 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:21 pm

We all are waiting for the fix...We want to conquer EUROPE!!! :wink:
How long before the testing will be done?

Teetumus
Serf

Postby Teetumus » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:49 pm

When I launch classic battles it says cant find napoleon.exe I tried to uninstall ntw3 now there is a file called napoleon total war which cant be deleted

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:36 pm

Mirek1983 wrote:How long before the testing will be done?

Patience young Jedi :violence-swords:
The campaign game has uniform files from several different NTW3 mods (v5 - v7.5). Need to sort these out to load & run battles with less crashes.

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:56 pm

Teetumus wrote:When I launch classic battles it says cant find napoleon.exe

:arrow: Logo to Steam and go to your game library.
:arrow: Right click Napoleon Total War and left click Properties (at the bottom).
:arrow: Go to Local Files and select Verify Integrity of Game Files (at the bottom).
This will take several minutes to check and restore any ntw vanilla files that are missing.

DukeofGotham
Villein
Villein

Postby DukeofGotham » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:03 pm

Just thought id post something I discovered incase it helps with the patch / fixing the SP.

So I installed 7.5 without uninstalling 7.2 then launch 1805 SP through the 7.5 launcher the campaign runs fine (however I am pretty sure that it is actually running the 7.2 SP campaign) even tho I am launching using 7.5 and have 7.5 installed.

To test this I uninstalled 7.2 and then launched 7.5 and it crashed same place as everyone else, when clicking campaigns of the coalition.

To double test this I reinstalled Vanilla from scratch installed 7.2 followed by 7.5 - sure enough launching single player through 7.5 works but actually took me to 7.2 SP campaign. (I'm no expert on the mod so I could be wrong).

no idea if this is useful or not.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:38 pm

Everything can be helpful eventually, thank you for taking time to report this.

refused corporal
Serf

Postby refused corporal » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi, I would just like to make a remark to the report by DukeofGotham. I did the same. Fresh vanilla +7.5 was a crash for me when clicking campaigns of the coalition like in other people's cases. Then I installed 7.2 over a fresh vanilla. Worked fine. Then installed 7.5 fine. The campaign works. As to what DukeofGotham wrote:

1. the campaign is not identical to 7.2 I see differences in ships (seems to be more differentiated with more nation-specific types?) and I see stars over guard artillery unit cards. Those were not there in 7.2.
2. Tech tree is completely different. Early techs only take a few turns now.
3. Loading screens have reverted to vanilla.
4. Very little difference, however, if any, in available rosters for playable factions.
5. Campaign crashes far more often, especially when loading battles and mid-battle. 7.2 for me was very, very stable.

So the campaign you get if you install 7.5 over 7.2 is in fact different from 7.2, but something is not quite right and I am not sure if all intended changes in fact show up in campaign or not. Perhaps campaign change was planned to not impact unit variety, and the likes.

I hope this helps to specify the situation.

thank you for the mod and all your work!

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:45 am

As noted in the posts above we are working on the issues with the launcher problems and battle crashes.

A log noting all the changes will accompany the v75 patch. In reply to your comments:
1.) Lord Wesley added custom warships to v75 for Denmark & Sweden. Other ships have been added to the factions in the Mediterranean as well.
. . The single stars above artillery icons note guard batteries. Two stars indicate grand batteries. Circles for Russia & Ottoman indicate special guns.

2.) The tech tree has been corrected & updated for the v75 patch along with improved graphics.

3.) The custom NTW3 loading screens took up considerable mb's and we're removed.
. . A few have been added back to the patch so you know that you're playing the mod when it's loading.

4.) Garrison militia units were added to the defensive siege forces and disband when the siege is over. A few new units have also been added.

5.) As noted we are consolidating the uniform files for the campaign game to make it more stable.

LordZForumZ12
Serf

Postby LordZForumZ12 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:06 am

i need to conquer Europe i need this patch iv been waiting ever since you said you where working on it ;-;

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”