Horse Artillery is pretty bugged in the 7.5 Beta

For all info, download links and general discussions on NTW3.
Karlsson
Villein
Villein

Horse Artillery is pretty bugged in the 7.5 Beta

Postby Karlsson » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:51 am

Something I have noticed has become very consistent in the 7.5 beta is Horse artillery becoming frozen mid-animation, without any other units even moving though it. Whenever I deploy guns in 7.5, usually the Caissons twirl in a circle 360 degrees before finally coming to rest. Often times, one of the caissons becomes frozen mid-animation, effectively neutralizing that unit.

Possible causes:
-I have noticed that the caisson that becomes frozen usually has the reserve gunners out IN FRONT of their gun, so maybe it has something to do with the gunners' paths not being properly defined?
-Maybe its the modified speed at which the guns limber or unlimber, or even the different movement speeds of the guns themselves. Usually it happens to H3 speed Horse gun batteries even while walking, and H2 batteris after running.

Lord Liberalis
Lord
Lord

Re: Horse Artillery is pretty bugged in the 7.5 Beta

Postby Lord Liberalis » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:36 pm

On version 7.2 the problem existed, I think this will be corrected by Cosak in the upcoming version.
To save Russia, we have to burn Moscow.

http://www.Grognards.org
http://www.Napoleon-Souvenirs.com

Karlsson
Villein
Villein

Postby Karlsson » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Yes in 7.2 the problem existed but it only happened on bad terrain like forests or cliffs, or when you have units passing thru it. In 7.5 beta, its pretty much a garanteed and happens often on the test map.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:01 pm

I have played about ten battles on 7.5, with pretty huge amount of horse artillery, and haven't spotted any bug yet.

Please provide a replay or this feedback can't be analyzed.

Herrputte
Villein
Villein

Postby Herrputte » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:01 am

Havent encountered it myself either.

On a total unrelated sidenote, when will 7.5 come out? I am so excited and checks every day !

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:40 am

7.5 development is suspended (for me). Too many hours spent on historical accuracy on my side, only to see hardcore gaming cheats ruining the whole feeling.

Enemy cavalry walking through hundreds of men thanks to frenzy clicking... not my cup of tea anymore.

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:48 pm

Lord Cosak wrote:7.5 development is suspended (for me). Too many hours spent on historical accuracy on my side, only to see hardcore gaming cheats ruining the whole feeling.

Enemy cavalry walking through hundreds of men thanks to frenzy clicking... not my cup of tea anymore.

This doesn't sound good m8........I need the 7.5 art
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

Lord Liberalis
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Liberalis » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:15 pm

Lord Cosak wrote:7.5 development is suspended (for me). Too many hours spent on historical accuracy on my side, only to see hardcore gaming cheats ruining the whole feeling.

You wouldn't stop developing the greatest achievement of historical mass virtual gaming reenaction of napoleonic warfare just because a couple of players are using exploits and behaving like idiots, would you ? :sad:

F*ck them. :cool:

Herrputte
Villein
Villein

Postby Herrputte » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:02 pm

F*ck them indeed ;)

Lord Liberalis
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Liberalis » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:08 am

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:57 pm

F*ck them indeed.......so whats going to happen with 7.5?
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:55 am

Auld langsyne ^^ same old issues since 2009 lol Lordz designed NTW3 Classic for "no rules" since it was just an idea only years ago so thats why HB is made too. It is not fair to criticise people using no rules for a game designed for no rules. Or like ntw2 and HB, rules should be mentioned for classic too.

As it was in the past to me and to most, If there are any rules in the game revealed before battle starts means there are rules in the game, If there are NO rules revealed before battle starts means there are NO rules in the game. :wink:

Lord Liberalis wrote:
You wouldn't stop developing the greatest achievement of historical mass virtual gaming reenaction of napoleonic warfare just because a couple of players are using exploits and behaving like idiots, would you ? :sad:

F*ck them. :cool:
[N]Major(ADC)
(Jan 2015 – Nov 2016): NTW3 Ver 5,(5.1),6
(Sep 2009 – June 2013): NTW2-NTW3 Ver 1,2,3

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:13 am

I don't agree Lancier, HB rules never stated anything against fire-in-melee or unit-crossing, which are the curse of NTW3.

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:56 pm

Cosak, unit crossing was always there for HBs: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/ntwhbcl ... on-t8.html
The rules to be observed in HB

LCS SQUARE: Square can be formed only by a squared shape column (or as close to square shape as possible but then the front of the column should be shorter than depth).
When player hits the button, men must be idle and aligned in column and not marching.

NO EMBEDDED ARTILLERY: Unlimbered firing artillery CANNOT be intermixed with static infantry (exception 3lber regimental artillery). Infantry can move through artillery train and crew to defend the guns but not stop on battery when battery is firing.

NO SNIPING GENERAL: No direct fire on generals by artillery.

MAX ONE LINE UNIT PER BUILDING: Just one unit can occupy a building. Loc unit does not count. Max two unit can assault a building, but LOC must be assaulted by at least 2 line units (tiralleurs or skirmishers cannot attack LOC).

NO CHARGE THROUGH FRIENDLY UNITS: Players should avoid charging/moving cavalry through the ranks of friendly non routing infantry units. Charging/moving through friendly routed infantry units is allowed. Charging on the rear/flank of an enemy unit engaged in melee on the front is allowed.

Any rules can be used as long as all players agree on those rules before start of game.

Besides "fire-in-melee" was being discussed verbally from time to time in HBs if i remember correct OR you can add your own rules to the current rules of a HB game anytime before battle starts as it is designed for rules no one will find it strange and ones who are ok with your rules will join you.

But furthermore i was not talking about this, maybe you misunderstood. What i say is "Lordz designed NTW3 Classic for "no rules" since it was just an idea only years ago as NTW2 was with rules and community suffered from that a lot ... so It is not fair to criticise people using no rules for a game designed for no rules." If you still want rules like "fire-in-melee or unit-crossing" with ntw3 classic, you must mention that before battles or like it was in NTW2 you must put the name for the rules and force community to accept these rules. NTW2 had the rule "NO fire-in-melee" and many more...

viewtopic.php?p=101387#p101387
Lord Gunner24 wrote:1/General first unit. If you don't like that then stick the General in with any unit you want.
2/No artillery sniping of General from long range. If the General is in the front line or just behind the line he is a risk and may be taken out any how any one likes. If you don't like that then target the General with all your artillerty till he's dead.
3/No shooting blocks. This mean maximum 4 deep rank lines to shoot with. If you don't like that put your guys in blocks as big as you want to shoot with as much as you want.
4/No forced shooting in melee. If you don't like that make all your men fire while fighting hand to hand and wipe out the attacking unit in one volley.
5/NO guard mode. If you don't like that feel free to use guard mode - this is not a big deal either way but as of now I'll go NO GM.

viewtopic.php?p=111452#p111452

viewtopic.php?p=103798#p103798
MARECHAL DURY - SEPTEMBER 2007 wrote:Dear members of the Lordz community,

Its clear to me that there is an unrest with rules that are been set by different individuals and clans.

I am fed up having to hear tons of excused when a battle has been faught, blaming the GM, blaming the blocks, blaming the cannister, blaming this that , etc........ .

There was a time when a commander used to learn his skills and develop it based on the experience gained in multiplayer battles. Which means a true Battlefield General "in my opinion"doesnt need any rules to play a proper battle, he adapts to the situation, when defeated he accept defeat with no further moaning nor a wave of excuses.

I recall NTW2 be disigned as a "rule" free game.

I have been withnessed commanders quiting a battle just by assuming once is using GM??????? or has broken a rule......... :?

I have been withnessed to discussions in the lobby to an awful level of ungentlementary behaviour and conduct.

Is this what we have come to? Is this the fun what we all wanna have on our free time?

I will post here the "rules" of Napoleonics, so everyone knows when they join a game hosted by [N] what it stands for.

GENERAL IS GENERAL!

And thats it!

With kind regards.

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=10197

... and many many more topics which showed rules that didnt work with classic ntw2! so lordz decided to have a no rule ntw3.

I suggest everyone who want a ruled ntw3 classic go and CTRL+F NTW2 forum viewforum.php?f=90 for "rule" word and read these topics. Which will be a proof that lordz classic mod doesnt work with rules. But yes HB may work.

Lord Cosak wrote:I don't agree Lancier, HB rules never stated anything against fire-in-melee or unit-crossing, which are the curse of NTW3.
[N]Major(ADC)

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:41 pm

so whats going to happen with 7.5?

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:49 pm

It's going on, I got enough supportive messages to be remotivated enough, and the work from all Lordz (Uxbridge, Lepic, Davn) is too great to be ignored.

Herrputte
Villein
Villein

Postby Herrputte » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:38 pm

Great! Thanks in advance!

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:38 pm

How wonderful to be reminded of days long gone by.........NO RULES = NO RULES, that was always the case, and that was what killed ntw2 and ntw3, for me, and many many others........the Lordz work is and has always has been fantastic, but like it or not, the CA game engine is total crap, and trying to make mods from it with NO rules has and always will be asking for trouble.

Who could care less about one unit walking through another ?.......ahhh, now then, that is important to one person, but not to another, so, if it CAN NOT be modded out of the game, one person needs a rule about it and another does not. The same thing that has happened for years. Some don't like this that or the other rule, but others think it's vitally important.

Keep up the good work, and best of luck.

When you find a NAPOLEONIC game out there that can be modded and works without stupid "game play cheats" please PM me........I continue waiting for it.

Cheers all.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.
http://napbc.freeforums.org/

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:33 pm

Lord Cosak wrote:It's going on, I got enough supportive messages to be remotivated enough, and the work from all Lordz (Uxbridge, Lepic, Davn) is too great to be ignored.

Very Good.......

stilgar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby stilgar » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:54 am

Greetings, gents!

Great to see this mod still alive and kicking. I must admit that this generation of lordz managed to push this mod to new heights: classic scenarios, new factions and units, a review of stats (with good move to lessen the pain of instant square), update to interface and tons of other changes, just to name few. I am very very impressed to say least. Well done!

I've been playing this mod since v1 beta release. At start I was happy to play a significantly less arcade-ish game (as compared to vanilla NTW) and could easily ignore exploits and gamey tactics. I had many hours of enjoyable and thrilling game play v1 and v2, but eventually I wanted more realism and gradually moved to ruled gaming and eventually ended up playing mostly HB. The truth is ruled gaming isn't that complicated, as long as players focus on the process and less on the result. It was always quite difficult to get back to no-rule games after getting a taste of much more satisfying experience of LCSs games or HBs. Ruled gaming never picked up as dominant way to play this mod, although objectives (VPs) made it into classic MP and became quite popular. I wonder if that would be different if the mod would be design around some simple rules of engagement from the very start?!

As a final remark, I think the regimental mod is a hidden gem of this mod and potentially way to move forward (if there will be further development). This mod was created for NTW3 based campaigns, which to my astonishment never really picked up, although Fullin came with probably best possible rules and campaign map possible ... anyway, please note that in regimental mode not factions/nations are present, but individual historical formations (corps). This to me is potentially winning marriage of classic free-choice OOB and fixed OOBs of HB or classic scenario's. I realize that with current state of affairs (new content being under-consumed, so to say), chance to see regimental mode being developed further is very slim, as seeing a new NTW3 campaign being started, but I still wanted to bring this to everyone's attention.
"Постой-ка, брат мусью ..."

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:06 am

We never had that much fun with this mod as we had with the "Brussels Campaign" i think since 1st release of ntw3 in 2011 June, i agree with you stilgar. But most difficult thing with RTS games is finding a common preset time for 4-6 player gatherings like it is in tournaments and as it was here for the campaign battles i guess.^^
http://www.napoleonics.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

Compliments to Marechal Fullin!

Spoiler: show

stilgar wrote:As a final remark, I think the regimental mod is a hidden gem of this mod and potentially way to move forward (if there will be further development). This mod was created for NTW3 based campaigns, which to my astonishment never really picked up, although Fullin came with probably best possible rules and campaign map possible ... anyway, please note that in regimental mode not factions/nations are present, but individual historical formations (corps). This to me is potentially winning marriage of classic free-choice OOB and fixed OOBs of HB or classic scenario's. I realize that with current state of affairs (new content being under-consumed, so to say), chance to see regimental mode being developed further is very slim, as seeing a new NTW3 campaign being started, but I still wanted to bring this to everyone's attention.
[N]Major(ADC)

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:33 pm

As a final remark, I think the regimental mod is a hidden gem of this mod and potentially way to move forward

Although I have never seen this in action ( NO DTPC here anymore) I find it hard to believe it is not being used......but then again I guess we should not be too surprised.

But I'd be interested in hearing exactly why the RM is not popular ?.
Why would that be ?.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.
http://napbc.freeforums.org/

Return to “The Napoleonic TW 3 Room”