To experienced players...

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

To experienced players...

Postby Lord Cosak » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:20 pm

Recently, thanks to a very popular Youtube channel, there are many new players trying out NTW3 MP battles.

The best way to get rid of them is to humiliate their very first attempt, for instance clan players taking more powerful factions than newcomers:

20170121155306_1.jpg
20170121155306_1.jpg (25.96 KiB) Viewed 3462 times

The only result will be an uninteresting battle, sparkling stats and three new players who won't ever come back to the mod. The screenshot above is not made to target this very clan, I am well-aware Grognards (my team) do the same too. Though, as an experienced player on NTW3, I can say the following battle against unexperienced players was really challenging and fulfilling (LOC pyrrhic victory for Rhine Confederation).

01.jpg
01.jpg (36.36 KiB) Viewed 3462 times

NTW3 is a small community who should be more welcoming with newcomers. This is not about letting them win, but giving them time to understand what's happening on the battlefield.

AGermanGuy
Villein
Villein

Re: To experienced players...

Postby AGermanGuy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:21 pm

I am new to this mod. The clan you are speaking of kinda introduced me to this mod. Well, one of their members added me as a friend and I playedf a round with him. He told em to always keep playing to improve and told me that I WILL get stomped hard in the beginning but that I should not stop.

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:44 pm

It would be helpful for some of the experienced NTW3 players to team up with some the new players and coach them through a battle or two.
Who knows they might even like it enough to join one of your clans :handgestures-salute:
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Retyn
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Retyn » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:36 pm

Lord Davn wrote:It would be helpful for some of the experienced NTW3 players to team up with some the new players and coach them through a battle or two.
Who knows they might even like it enough to join one of your clans :handgestures-salute:

And then there is that question "Who would play with randoms?" Generally, clans don't want to play with random players because when they have ppl that they have spoken or played with. Why would they change them and instead play with somebody that they dont know. We usually play with a random (if its a 4v4, because we are small of a group and wont find much clanmates online at the same time). But if it is that kind of ignorant type doesn't listen to advice then thats a problem (disappearing chat doesnt help that too).

P.S If Cossak is reading this I would like to say that you shouldn't disrespect abilities of another clan by giving them more points for no reason. :)
"Win with ability, not with numbers!" - Alexander Vasilyevich Suvorov

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:08 pm

Retyn wrote:And then there is that question "Who would play with randoms?" Generally, clans don't want to play with random players because when they have ppl that they have spoken or played with. Why would they change them and instead play with somebody that they dont know. We usually play with a random (if its a 4v4, because we are small of a group and wont find much clanmates online at the same time). But if it is that kind of ignorant type doesn't listen to advice then thats a problem (disappearing chat doesnt help that too).

I personally played with and against random players for past weeks, since Pixelated Apollo posted the first NTW3 video on his channel. I have even played several 2v2, alongside with a RG/BPA nice player, against two new playrs with a huge faction handicap, giving them recommendation during and after the battle.

Although I agree with Retyn on his concern: some new players are not interested in team-play. But it's worth trying anyway.

The disappearing chat window (in the lobby and in battle) is a bug fixed in the soon-to-be-released 7.2 version.

Retyn wrote:P.S If Cossak is reading this I would like to say that you shouldn't disrespect abilities of another clan by giving them more points for no reason. :)

When you'll finally be able to spell my nickname correctly, I shall respect you :)

I play NTW3 to have an interesting moment. I prefer a nice defeat than a boring victory. This isn't a dick contest for me, unlike Sloop.

Retyn
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Retyn » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:27 pm

When you'll finally be able to spell my nickname correctly, I shall respect you :)

I play NTW3 to have an interesting moment. I prefer a nice defeat than a boring victory. This isn't a dick contest for me, unlike Sloop.

Sorry for that one.

I think i don't understand. Didn't really respond to my P.S there. I asked because of the thing that happens whenever im playing against grognards :

Me: Points?
Grognard: no limit (or something along that line)

And then when i switch to match the points i instantly get message:

Grognard: you can take more

That really pisses me off. Thats what i meant by disrespecting. I want to have a balanced game, not a game that i won because i beat Spain by 1806 France.... (you get the point)

Lord Lepic
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Lepic » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:43 pm

"Who would play with randoms?"

I do
clans don't want to play with random players

maybe an alternative should be considered?

ask them why they are not interested in team play and don't listen
explain how to get and join the lordz teamspeak and the channels
help encourage them and be patient

if all want to see more games and players then please find a way forward here

a lordz you tube channel would be a step in the right direction to start with?

i am not saying to loose here but is winning everything?
Napoléonien Stratagème
Discord: https://discord.gg/7zB33xt
Follow the Eagle!

Retyn
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Retyn » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:21 pm

Lepic wrote:
"Who would play with randoms?"

I do
clans don't want to play with random players

maybe an alternative should be considered?

ask them why they are not interested in team play and don't listen
explain how to get and join the lordz teamspeak and the channels
help encourage them and be patient

if all want to see more games and players then please find a way forward here

a lordz you tube channel would be a step in the right direction to start with?

i am not saying to loose here but is winning everything?

Lepic, by random I mean a player, that you haven't seen like new players or players that randomly go to games and match up (which is not bad, don't get me wrong)

you can consider it, but nothing will change

Because everybody thinks that vanilla tactics are the best -_-. No to be serious, some players can learn others not (thinking of Luigi Cadorna and the Rumble on the Isonzo River right now).

How can i explain to somebody how to join teamspeak? Shouldn't that be in a normal gamers abilities?

Can't encourage what i don't like. "Patience is the best remedy" they say.

Lordz youtube channel? Im 10/10 for that! It would be a great guide for new players if the format was showing new features in the upcoming patch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5N3MQKL5X0&list=PL4hR-M4rl7ufqe6tmOVvTpSirDs1fZh3l&index=15 like this one. Just not in the trailer sense.

For some players, victory is everything. But you should keep competivity to not be super bored while playing, because that can lead to blobcharges just to win or leaving the game on purpose.

Lord Lepic
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Lepic » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:31 pm

you can consider it, but nothing will change

for certain while players such as your good self continue with nonsense!

How can i explain to somebody how to join teamspeak? Shouldn't that be in a normal gamers abilities?

i would say start by trying maybe?
not all have your abilities clearly

can only suggest you try a little harder

surely by now you know the no rules policy for mp game play
in the competitive spirit the battles by you are played you see these as an even bigger challenges right?
a player with your very high calibre should surely be able to counter anything even blob charges?

if you would like to begin a lordz you tube channel content discussion then lets go!
i would say let's start with dynamically engaging content and a strategy that enables benefits that go far beyond merely delivering your current content of game play replays.
what do you think?
Napoléonien Stratagème
Follow the Eagle!

AGermanGuy
Villein
Villein

Postby AGermanGuy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:25 pm

I am still really enjoying this mod and plkaying it atleast 2 times a day, often 4 times a day. But its always against RG guys and I havent won a single time against them. I am slowly getting tired of it. Btw, my name in Steam is Pashahlis now.

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:18 pm

AGermanGuy wrote:I am still really enjoying this mod and plkaying it atleast 2 times a day, often 4 times a day. But its always against RG guys and I havent won a single time against them. I am slowly getting tired of it. Btw, my name in Steam is Pashahlis now.

It is very hard if not impossible to compete with a full clan enemy team.........but that is how we all start at this mod, I had my a** handed to me several times when I first battled on NTW3

Keep playing m8 esp with other new/random players.......if you face a clan team ask for a handicap as most will accept this.........watch lots of replays to learn how certain players fight.......ask questions/seek advice ingame or lobby........and one of the best ways of learning is to join a clan,as their internal battle will teach you alot.....lastly use the Lordz TS as alot of players use TS to coordinate

As you spend all your time fighting RG..........why not offer them your sword in return for carrying the RG Banner.......I can certainly vouch for them as I have battled them many times and they are decent blokes.....so many in fact that I now fight under the RG banner
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

AGermanGuy
Villein
Villein

Postby AGermanGuy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:35 pm

Wym... wrote:
AGermanGuy wrote:I am still really enjoying this mod and plkaying it atleast 2 times a day, often 4 times a day. But its always against RG guys and I havent won a single time against them. I am slowly getting tired of it. Btw, my name in Steam is Pashahlis now.

It is very hard if not impossible to compete with a full clan enemy team.........but that is how we all start at this mod, I had my a** handed to me several times when I first battled on NTW3

Keep playing m8 esp with other new/random players.......if you face a clan team ask for a handicap as most will accept this.........watch lots of replays to learn how certain players fight.......ask questions/seek advice ingame or lobby........and one of the best ways of learning is to join a clan,as their internal battle will teach you alot.....lastly use the Lordz TS as alot of players use TS to coordinate

As you spend all your time fighting RG..........why not offer them your sword in return for carrying the RG Banner.......I can certainly vouch for them as I have battled them many times and they are decent blokes.....so many in fact that I now fight under the RG banner

I was asked by RG already to join them but I am not willing to join a clan for 2 reasons:

1. I am already member of a gaming community and Star Citizen Clan, although both of them are quite loose and do not force me to wear a clan tag or anything like that, I do not feel good joining a 3rd clan. Although Star Citizen isnt out yet and the gamign community is not a real clan.
2. I do not see much of a reason to join a clan just for a modification of a game, tbh...

But I still kinda wanna join them.

Also, looks like everybody joins RG. Why is no one joining the other clans.

EDIT: I also do not like being forced to wear a clan tag/clan profile picture.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:49 pm

AGermanGuy wrote:Also, looks like everybody joins RG. Why is no one joining the other clans.

RG is currently, by far, the most active English-speaking team on NTW3. So players are more likely to join them.

Fortuna
Villein
Villein

Postby Fortuna » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:17 pm

Completely subscribe to the content of this post.

Don't get me wrong BPAs/RGs are really nice folks and I have no personal problems with them whatsoever. However, when it comes to balancing games... Every time I enter a game and I see 3 or 4 RGs in the enemy team, I just leave the game and host another one.

Pashalhis you are not the first new player who reports that... I think we are potentially loosing many new players because they don't have the patience to go through the "chain-wreckage-which-will-teach-you-how-to-play" thing, and I fully understand them... If I was a newcomer today I wouldn't stay on the mod after being crushed a few times.

Retyn
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Retyn » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:26 pm

AGermanGuy wrote: Also, looks like everybody joins RG. Why is no one joining the other clans.

EDIT: I also do not like being forced to wear a clan tag/clan profile picture.

It depends on the nationality of the clan.
For example: Hiller is czecho-slovak clan, so we have czech/slovak people in, which very limits the amount of players. Don't get me wrong, the "fanbase" in Czech republic/Slovakia is pretty big, largely being to the legacy of Austerlitz, but still Hiller is a small clan with 10 active people (on weekends, otherwise like 6 :D )
Templar/Grognards is another example of this "nationality problem", but both clans are large (nobody would expect that when they are Frenchplz dont hate Cosak :D )
RG is universal in this matter, their "main" language is English, which opens the road for players that dont have their nationality clan. As far as i know there are germans, swedes, brits, slovenians and others.

If a player has his "nationality clan" he will mostly join that clan, largely because of better comunication (vocabulary is the main problem). Linguisticly saying there is faster communication in your native language (for the reason that you basically think in your native language).

Fortuna
Villein
Villein

Postby Fortuna » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:28 pm

I don't think that the problem is joining clans or not, the mod is full of pickup which is great. The problem pointed out by Cosak is that right now the community is not "new players-friendly" at all.

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:07 am

TS is there for years for everyone, sure some handicap by very good players and clans would be appreciated so all players in game would have fun but if it is not given noone has the right to blame anyone or any clan ... We all know since ntw2 best way to recruit is domination of fields ^^
NTW3 Ver. 5-(5.1)-6 (Jan 2015 – Nov 2016)
NTW2 & NTW3 Ver. 1-2-3 (Sep 2009 – June 2013)

Lord Lepic
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Lepic » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:51 am

The problem pointed out by Cosak is that right now the community is not "new players-friendly" at all.

New Player's League {N.P.L}
Learn Together, Play Together and Have Fun! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/newplayerleague

Ask the new players what they think and engage with them
So far the battles feedback has been;
Best grogs full clan team - we lost them all and everyone enjoyed these a lot!
Worst RG full clan team - did not survive long even to fight a battle!!!! and everyone did not enjoy these at all.

We all know since ntw2 best way to recruit is domination of fields

Recruitment refers to the overall process of attracting, selecting and appointing suitable candidates (either permanent or temporary) within an organization. Recruitment can also refer to processes involved in choosing individuals for positions.

As i said before involve Sloop in nothing!
Napoléonien Stratagème
Follow the Eagle!

Fortuna
Villein
Villein

Postby Fortuna » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:06 pm

I am not blaming per say, I am just relaying the feedback I received. If you want the mod to stay with the same pool of players and you enjoy it this way, it is fine. If you want the mod to grow and attract new players so the "Golden Muskets" won't be a repetition of the same matchups ad vitam eternam, then you have to strategize accordingly.

I am clearly in favor of expanding our player's pool. I am very happy when I see that three or four games are hosted at the same time.
Last edited by Fortuna on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Lepic
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Lepic » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:50 pm

I am clearly in favor of the latter...

thanks but feel strongly a minority opinion and as you well know the feedback is VERY BAD!

Its a real shame that a new player has been driven to do this in desperation of the current situation
I do hope the Lordz will officially support and welcome this new group to the community?

Yes would be nice to even see the Golden Musket contact and discuss a new players tournament even?

Is the priority here to grow the community or just Clan expansion?
Napoléonien Stratagème
Follow the Eagle!

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Anyone working for the mod, caring for the mod is valuable for the community so thanks a lot. I already gave a small break playing the mod since ver 7.1 so don't count on my words nowadays anyway ^^
Fortuna wrote:I am not blaming per say, I am just relaying the feedback I received. If you want the mod to stay with the same pool of players and you enjoy it this way, it is fine. If you want the mod to grow and attract new players so the "Golden Muskets" won't be a repetition of the same matchups ad vitam eternam, then you have to strategize accordingly.

I am clearly in favor of expanding our player's pool. I am very happy when I see that three or four games are hosted at the same time.

Lancier wrote:TS is there for years for everyone, sure some handicap by very good players and clans would be appreciated so all players in game would have fun but if it is not given noone has the right to blame anyone or any clan ... We all know since ntw2 best way to recruit is domination of fields ^^
NTW3 Ver. 5-(5.1)-6 (Jan 2015 – Nov 2016)
NTW2 & NTW3 Ver. 1-2-3 (Sep 2009 – June 2013)

Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Sloop » Mon May 08, 2017 6:31 pm

Lord Lepic wrote:
As i said before involve Sloop in nothing!

Thank you for the compliment my dear Lepic but I am afraid my abilities have diminished in my old age as I struggle merely to survive on the battlefield.

Sometimes I play army men with my little grandchildren and I let them win (but not often). To offer an unskilled opponent the same treatment would be disrespectful. Going easy on new players teaches them nothing. If the losers quit because of this then they would have never been good commanders anyway. The NTW3 community is that of men, it is not for women or children.

Lord Lepic
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Lepic » Mon May 08, 2017 11:34 pm

i reiterate involve Sloop in nothing!
Napoléonien Stratagème
Follow the Eagle!

MightyOwl27
Lord
Lord

Postby MightyOwl27 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:55 pm

My own admittedly limited experience is that the community is very welcoming and far less toxic than other multiplayer games (world of tanks I'm looking at you), if I've had problems it's been more finding games at certain times or then joining games and it lags or crashes (this was happening a lot on Sunday). I would also say that any multiplayer game that's worth playing is gonna have a steep learning curve but if people are friendly and helpful new players get less frustrated.

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”