Feelings about NTW3 v6.0 beta

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
[N]Clinch
Knight
Knight

Re: Feelings about NTW3 v6.0 beta

Postby [N]Clinch » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:35 pm

Lord Gunner24 wrote:
If only everyone here WANTED the old timers to return, rather than wanting them to stay away, perhaps the Lordz Community might one day realise that more players is a good thing, and less is a bad thing, perhaps.......this next v6 might re-launch the mod, together with some more friendly relations between like minded people, rather than having attitudes that only help drive people away.

Best of luck with those trying to do something constructive.

The biggest problem the mod ever had was differing opinions and squabbles amongst the masses. Hopefully the new version will be a compromise everyone can agree with.

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:01 am

Hopefully it will be the one (with some surprises in it^^) which address to the larger mass of ntw3 players including the veterans who take a break/quit the mod some time ago in previous versions for various reasons. ^^ Time will tell really.
Lord Gunner24 wrote:
If only everyone here WANTED the old timers to return, rather than wanting them to stay away, perhaps the Lordz Community might one day realise that more players is a good thing, and less is a bad thing, perhaps.......this next v6 might re-launch the mod, together with some more friendly relations between like minded people, rather than having attitudes that only help drive people away.

Best of luck with those trying to do something constructive.
NTW3 Ver. 5-(5.1)-6 (Jan 2015 – Nov 2016)
NTW2 & NTW3 Ver. 1-2-3 (Sep 2009 – June 2013)

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:16 pm

The biggest problem the mod ever had was differing opinions and squabbles amongst the masses.

Yup, little groups all wanted it to be "something" else.

Hopefully the new version will be a compromise everyone can agree with.

Yup, that would be great, incredibly hard to do, but lets hope for the best.

Time will tell really.

Yup again, we will see in the months to come.

How good would it be to have a new version everyone likes ?.

A question : Do many people have this v6 on test ?......or just a few people ?.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.
http://napbc.freeforums.org/

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:10 pm

From my testing vs AI I believe this will improve game play and give us a slightly more realistic historical mod? well I hope so......
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

Lord Desaix
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Desaix » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:28 am

Good to see Gunner's hidden ego still struggling to return to NTW3 :mrgreen:
I have the same temptation and feelings with HB but I'm not sure I can cope with crashes/desyncs again. Still I miss those good old days, I must admit that in the meanwhile (could be almost 2 years now) no game has been ever giving that pleasure again.

Regarding square or cavalry use what can be added? It's up to players and no stat will never be able to set any antidote to player's abuses or exploits. Just a trusted group where you can talk about dangerous behaviours, set some rules to counteract these exploits and analyse if and when some events become unhistorical and unrealistic can work for me. And even that sometimes is not enough.

Lord Lepic
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Lepic » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:39 pm

Will there be a  MAC version ?
Napoléonien Stratagème
Discord: https://discord.gg/7zB33xt
Follow the Eagle!

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:32 pm

Lepic wrote:Will there be a  MAC version ?

The mod will be released with a usual Windows executable installer.

We should indeed release a second version in a Zip archive, less user-friendly but working on any OS.

Lord Lepic
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Lepic » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:16 pm

Should Could Might and Maybe does not confirm it will be Lordz supported and allowed !
I would therefore ask again will there be a  MAC version v6 available?

Yes I can confirm that v5.1 works on  MAC

Will the previous versions be released for  MAC as well?

Will there be  MAC Channels on the Lordz TeamSpeak Server?
Napoléonien Stratagème
Follow the Eagle!

Chromey
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Chromey » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:31 pm

Donate to the Lordz team speak pay pal and Im sure they can squeeze in a mac channel for you Lepic. Or start your own NTw3 Mac Clan!
Death to Tyranny

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:37 pm

Lepic wrote:I would therefore ask again will there be a  MAC version v6 available?

Yes, but probably after the MS version.

Lepic wrote:Will the previous versions be released for  MAC as well?

No.

Lepic wrote:Will there be  MAC Channels on the Lordz TeamSpeak Server?

When there will be a specific clan for Mac players.

Lord Lepic
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Lepic » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:46 am

Donate to the Lordz team speak pay pal and Im sure they can squeeze in a mac channel for you Lepic. Or start your own NTw3 Mac Clan!

So it can be removed again?
All who have channels have donated then yes as its required to get a channel?
As many others have done we will have our own now then and by the way try discord its very nice to use and FREE!
There is more than one NTW  MAC Team or club already?
As you suggest we will play NTW3 on  MAC then

Yes, but probably after the MS version.

Why do those on  MAC have to wait and again probably is not confirmation?

Why will the previous versions not as well be released?
Its working and running very nicely on  MAC especially the campaigns

When there will be a specific clan for Mac players.

Again there are already NTW  MAC Teams and Clubs?
The Napoleonic period teams and clubs are one of the most active and join multiple battles everyday?
These are the only  MAC Total War Teams and Clubs i know of?
We are playing Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars now as well.
There is only one  MAC Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars Team i know of?

What are the concerns here?
Cannot split the pc community as its  MAC community?
There we will be more  MAC players than PC players playing?

I would have hoped anyone interested in the Napoleonic period and wanting to play NTW3 would be encouraged to do so?
Napoléonien Stratagème
Follow the Eagle!

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:09 pm

I really don't see why people playing on Mac OS should play apart... I sometimes play NTW with Linux (using Wine) and never thought of a special club because of my operating system.

Lepic wrote:Why do those on  MAC have to wait and again probably is not confirmation?

Because none of the modders are working on MacOS, so skills in making an installer and a launcher for MacOS are limited. If you can help, you're welcome to do so.

Lepic wrote:Why will the previous versions not as well be released?

Lordz only work on the latest version.

Lepic wrote:Again there are already NTW  MAC Teams and Clubs
These are the only  MAC Total War Teams and Clubs i know of?
We are playing Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars now as well.
There is only one  MAC Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars Team i know of?

Please register this clan here: http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=142

Then a lobby (or two) on TS will pop up.
Last edited by Lord Cosak on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[N]Clinch
Knight
Knight

Postby [N]Clinch » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:07 pm

I want an android channel on teamspeak :angry-cussingwhite:

Lord Lepic
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Lepic » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:54 pm

I really don't see why people playing on Mac OS should play apart... I sometimes play NTW with Linux (using Wine) and never thought of a special club because of my operating system.

How to install Mac OS X on a PC
http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-run-os-x-on-pc-3632329/
http://www.unibeast.com/

Because none of the modders are working on MacOS, so skills in making an installer and a launcher for MacOS are limited. If you can help, you're welcome to do so.

I will do this np and have v5.1 already working and done (excluding the HB's) custom and campaigns only
Will or can these be uploaded here http://www.moddb.com/mods/napoleonic-total-war-3 with the pc versions?
This can all be put on the lordz  MAC forum section as well and more than happy to point all to here for the installation and files links
If you send me the v6 version files i will take a look at how to get it working on  MAC as well for you

We will register and then ask for the TS lobbies when ready as we are not right now
None other than myself have played the mod as yet and all are very new
However we will not be quitting after our third beat them up battle!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Geants

We are 25-30 only right now and are all  MAC players

There are about 500 - 600 active NTW  MAC players right now and i will try to get them to install and play NTW3
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/napoleonicwarsmac
Lets see?

I have been asked many times to as well admit pc players but we will remain  MAC players only
If there is anyone else within the NTW3 community that welcomes new players and is willing to help them again more than happy to pass the info on
Maybe then they will not be clan cannon fodder and will stay longer than the normal 3 beat them up battles?
Napoléonien Stratagème
Follow the Eagle!

[N]Clinch
Knight
Knight

Postby [N]Clinch » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:32 pm

The first few times I played ntw3 I was horrible and got curb stomped. Liberalis found a way to hang my general's corpse on one of Fullin windmills for all to see. I was inspired by getting beat to learn the game and get better (as I was in any other game). The learning curve between getting beat and beating someone else is what makes any game fun. Without the need to learn or adapt in a game, then there's no point in playing a game at all. If you beat super Mario brothers on the first run...the game would have been a piece of crap. Basically what I'm saying is, getting beat the first few times you play is essential for any game to be worth while. I have no sympathy whatsoever for people who stop playing a game because they lose at their first attempt and never want to play again. Those types of people don't belong in this or any other gaming community and should grab their phones and go looking for pokemon.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:00 am

It would be nice if veteran/clan players could play with more fair-play, not smashing new players with full 20-points factions against beginners. I can understand newcomers are repelled by repeated defeats.

Vincere sine periculo, triumphant sine gloria

My two cents... and off-topic.

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:25 am

You are totally right Cosak and
2 names i can count in this community who really pay attention to that issue in every single game and try to play with (-) faction points (handicap) for their team if they play as full clan members on one side and/or against new players ... Cosak & Chromey ... thanks and wish we all do !

It would be nice if veteran/clan players could play with more fair-play, not smashing new players with full 20-points factions against beginners. I can understand newcomers are repelled by repeated defeats.

Vincere sine periculo, triumphant sine gloria

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:34 pm

OFF topic :
I have no sympathy whatsoever for people who stop playing a game because they lose at their first attempt and never want to play again.

I agree, but I could never understand the vets getting huge amounts of enjoyment out of beating up new players who never had a chance - ops, I forgot, it was winning, not enjoyment that was most important. I always used to fight alongside new players, and could see how they got discouraged fighting three guys from one group or the other and losing every time.

ON topic :
It's up to players and no stat will never be able to set any antidote to player's abuses or exploits. Just a trusted group where you can talk about dangerous behaviours, set some rules to counteract these exploits and analyse if and when some events become unhistorical and unrealistic can work for me.

Maybe the RM part of the next version might suit a smaller group like hb did, and perhaps (trying to be positive here) there might be no need for rules, which looking back, seem to have had there day once and for all. If RM could be played like the old ntw2/CB was it could surprise a lot of people who never tried ntw2/CB and never got to know just how good that was.

A modern day ntw2/CB might just get old players back, and bring in new ones who could stay the course ???????????????????????.

The new classic version : I assume this will be a new version with many changes, like many others before it, but will it bring in anything new and different, to help bring in new people ?......I'm not sure it can do that, I hope it does, but how ?.

Regimental Mod sounds like the answer to help keep ntw3 going into the future....until something appears that could bring us ntw4 !.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Lord Lepic
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Lepic » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:25 pm

 Geants begun today testing NTW3  MAC
we are only testing the mp custom battles for v5.1
i can confirm that it is fully mp custom battle compatible for  MAC
in the next few days we intend to host the first 4v4 NTW3  MAC battle
updates to follow

You are totally right Cosak and 2 names i can count in this community who really pay attention to that issue in every single game and try to play with (-) faction points (handicap) for their team if they play as full clan members on one side and/or against new players ... Cosak & Chromey ... thanks and wish we all do !

AGREE TOTALLY OTHER THAN IT SHOULD BE, Lancier Cosak and Chromey !
Napoléonien Stratagème
Follow the Eagle!

[N]Clinch
Knight
Knight

Postby [N]Clinch » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Sorry but I don't agree with the milenial way of thinking, you know the garbage where everyone deserves a trophy. If somebody is gonna cry because they got beat...they can :angry-cussingwhite: . Any of those people who stuck around on ts or friend request a veteran on steam have always received assistance. If something is hard and you quit...then ur just a pussy and I'm glad they left the community.

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:47 am

Old issue i think like 10 years or more ? ^^
Gunner24 wrote:and perhaps (trying to be positive here) there might be no need for rules

Seems always the best rule is 'Gen is Gen' ^^
viewtopic.php?p=103798#p103798
12 Sep 2007:
Spoiler: show

Course no one can tell another how to play or which factions to play with but i always like and admire the words of our ancestors and [N] 1st Empereur Dury which was said about 10 years ago during ntw1/2 days i guess.
viewtopic.php?p=103832#p103832
13 Sep 2007:

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:21 pm

you know the garbage where everyone deserves a trophy.

I'm not sure this is true or not, but I have been told recently that "schools sports days" have been stopped - because someone has to lose !!.

Lancier : Good research there, finding quotes from 2007.....that must have taken you a while. Reminds me of games with Dury at about that time period. We fought many 1v1 battles at one stage. Most of them were late afternoon uk time. Funny thing was, during those times we got on really very well, but later, after he formed the N, and I declined to join right at the start, I became public enemy number one.....and even more so after NBC arrived in April 2008. Things might have been very different, the only reason I never joined N at the start was he wanted things very strict and formal, and I wanted things a lot more relaxed, which is why there was N and NBC, for some years anyway.

It would be a great thing to see ntw3 (new version) bring back those good old times.......

If you can get back some of those who have left ntw3 it would be a mighty fine effort.
Hope to see good news soon.

Is wym still testing ?.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:20 pm

If i were you I wouldnt call myself and NBC his enemy Gunner but just one of his tough opponent clans like Grognard,Celtiberos,KO etc.
Marechal Dury was one of the best ntw2 players and with his behaviours on the field he was the most respectable commander according to me. He liked choosing weak factions (Brunswick mostly !?) when he feels there wont be a challenge with his opponents, he paid great attention not to play M:TW style game and not to play with spam armies.

If you like researches here is another Gunner ^^
NAPOLEONIC TOTAL WAR 2
Fav Faction / Kill Ratio / Success Ratio / Games Played

[N]MarshalDury French 1.16 68 366
[N]Von_Clausewitz French 1.1 63 511
[N]Legless-Lannes French 1.16 67 153
[N]Braindead Colonel Russian 1.27 69 350
[N][Knights-T]aussie[UM] French 1.08 64 419
[N]Tactacus French 1.14 65 460
[N]Sloop French 1.36 72 846
[N]Riflegreen French 0.98 65 282
[N]Anthon French 0.71 47 184
[N]Rakker French 0.82 45 170
[N]Imperial_JHK French 0.95 53 269
[N]MarkSiege French 1.03 59 78
[N]Lukasz British 1.13 67 8
[N]Badger Dutch 0.66 18 28
[N]LS French 1.15 69 36
[N]HortonIII French 0.92 44 65
[N]Conq British 0.97 53 116
MR-SINISTER French 0.5 17 29
[N]Colletta French 1.02 55 62
[N]FelixD'Artois French 1.1 67 61
[N]Krait French 0.4 0 13
[N]Ritter French 0.84 49 74
[N]MASTERCHIEF Austrian 0.66 33 84
[N]JohnVI British 0.63 20 6
[Grognard]_Liberalis French 1.22 68 764
[Grognard]_Christ2burd French 1.07 71 133
[Grognard]_Christ2burd French 0.94 54 111
[grognard]_Chris2burd-10400 French 0.7 27 12
[Grognard]-Napolitain French 0.89 67 6
[Grognard]_Kettch French 1.32 76 268
[Grognard]_JC_von_Preussen Prussian 1.25 69 212
[Grognard]_Arjan French 1.04 61 165
[Grognard]_Articho Dutch 0.99 51 114
[Grognard]_Raistlin French 1.01 58 122
[Grognard]_Swordy French 0.75 39 37
[Grognard]_Pierre-LouisII Prussian 0.6 17 6
[Grognard]Michel British 0.88 17 6
[Grognard]_VonToy French 0.55 11 9
[NBC][Lt][DougieJ][nwg] Austrian 1.15 69 209
Gunner24[nwg] Austrian 1.05 56 522
Moopere[nwg] Russian 0.8 29 18
[NBC]Grospaul Austrian 0.62 29 38
[NBC|3]LtMay French 0.58 23 72
[NBC][Lt]Batavian[nwg] British 0.41 0 11
[NBC][Cap]CeltiberoMandonio French 0.75 55 27
[NBC|Celtibero]Finisterra French 0.8 48 34
[NBC|Cap][CeltiberoSet] Russian 0.56 25 8
NBCgrognerd French 0.74 35 80
CeltiberoFrog__NTW2 French 1.14 64 343
CeltiberoLeonidas Austrian 1.12 62 29
CeltiberoSoldurio__NTW2 French 1.19 56 135
CeltiberoZuri__NTW2 French 0.73 34 36
CeltiberoKraken Russian 0.69 33 12
CeltiberoRukser British 0.81 25 9
celtiberojuanjo_NTW2 Spanish 0.65 21 47
CeltiberoAcreNTW2 Portuguese 0.61 15 13
KO|RFG{II}CROP French 1.29 73 109
SirWolly_[NTW] Prussian 0.85 41 104
KO|RFG{II}Druid British 0.72 35 37
KO|RFG|Ziethen-9600 French 1.23 67 90
RFG|II|Priest British 1.23 64 19
KO|RFG{II}-Harper French 0.96 59 56
KO|RFG{I}-King_Ludwig French 1.13 58 75
KO|LD{1st}Angelis_Mortis British 0.87 55 23
KO|RFG{II}General-Adriano French 1.02 55 13
RFG|Paladin-BH British 1.11 50 10
KO|RFG|{I}Graf-von-Gnas{Sgt} French 1 50 41
RFG|{LD}Craufurd British 1.03 50 59
KO|LD{1st}Zwingli British 0.74 28 83
KO|RFG{I}-Turan French 0.86 44 139
KO|LD|Cumberland British 0.82 43 282
KO|RFG{II}Drak10687 Prussian 0.81 43 23
KO|RFG{II}Sir_William British 0.88 42 206
RFG{LD}{1st}Flea Dutch 0.79 41 26
KO|RFG{II}BlueShirtsFan Prussian 0.77 25 10
KO|RFG{I}|Shinma Prussian 1.11 40 27
KO|LD{2nd}Lord_markedman Austrian 0.62 40 6
KO{LD}{2nd}Sharpe-10000 British 1.11 33 6
KO|RFG{I}-BLUECHER Prussian 0.78 29 63
KO|LD|{1st}Eldanesh-9800 Austrian 0.84 20 17
KO|RFG|ColWashington British 0.82 0 9
[GR]Metaxas French 1.29 67 35
[GR]Davout French 1.21 66 36
[GR}Inequality French 1.22 53 40
[GR]drinsane French 1.03 48 25

|La_Junta|Kestie French 1.19 64 211
EmpressMeg French 0.99 60 383
|La_Junta|MarkSiege French 0.91 50 58
|LaJunta|KnightVanquisher British 0.72 17 11

|SVK|Jakob French 0.79 33 246
[SVK]Cdt_HungVanDK French 0.95 50 7
{SVK}Herr_Lindstrom Prussian 0.73 32 21

[PVI]-CaptainWilliem Prussian 0.94 46 30
[PVI]KGL-Marschall_Leo Prussian 0.95 40 68
[PVI]MarschallvonGneisenau Austrian 0.63 0 7

Lord Gunner24 wrote:Lancier : Good research there, finding quotes from 2007.....that must have taken you a while. Reminds me of games with Dury at about that time period. We fought many 1v1 battles at one stage. Most of them were late afternoon uk time. Funny thing was, during those times we got on really very well, but later, after he formed the N, and I declined to join right at the start, I became public enemy number one.....and even more so after NBC arrived in April 2008. Things might have been very different, the only reason I never joined N at the start was he wanted things very strict and formal, and I wanted things a lot more relaxed, which is why there was N and NBC, for some years anyway.

Back to the topic, i think bright days for the mod are sighted on horizon.

Lord Lepic
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Lepic » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:30 pm

any suggestions please on how to remove or reduce the tracer effects?
as right now we have a blizzard or snow storm effect going on
the vanilla tracers are going in all directions due to the i presume accuracy being changed?

this was removed or reduced for the pc version clearly
i have located a few mods in pack format and am trying to include one of these to remove/reduce them
as its already been added how and where is it located?

NTW3  MAC testing and debugging now continues
Napoléonien Stratagème
Follow the Eagle!

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:25 pm

Lancier, your an expert at bringing back old memories........Dury once beat me about 48 times from 50 in 1v1s. He was the best ntw2 player I ever fought against. The thing I was best at, was playing the most (or very close to) number of games, win or lose.

Does anyone play over 20 MP games a week now days ?.

i think bright days for the mod are sighted on horizon.

I hope your right.

As people get older they tend to think the past was better than now, always happens, always will, just part of getting older, BUT, ntw3 does need that "feeling" back as far as I can tell........an up to date game, with the same community and activity it used to have. Games every afternoon, evening and night, that was one of the best features of ntw2 - because it showed people WANTED to play it. So something must have been right with it, even allowing for the "shooting blocks" problem.

Lets hope the new look ntw3 is a Nap game people want to play again, instead of going off and playing all kinds of weird and wonderful non Nap games.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”